Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead will kick start out season. 11:07 - Jan 23 with 3432 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we can get him into the starting line up on a consistent basis, I'm confident that his dynamic place and quality of finishing will turn our form around.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:20 - Jan 23 with 3039 viewsgreyhound

Didn't see enough of him Saturday but that being said I saw little of how we really played and positioned ourselves due to the fog. For instance Harry Clarke came on but no idea what he did. As much as we must not use the fog as an excuse that game should have been called in the first half it was obvious it was only going to get worse
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:28 - Jan 23 with 2958 viewsCityBlue

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:20 - Jan 23 by greyhound

Didn't see enough of him Saturday but that being said I saw little of how we really played and positioned ourselves due to the fog. For instance Harry Clarke came on but no idea what he did. As much as we must not use the fog as an excuse that game should have been called in the first half it was obvious it was only going to get worse

I was watching and I didnt even realised he had made his debut.

I T I D

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:34 - Jan 23 with 2914 viewsParisBlue

Has to start on Tuesday, along with Clarke and Edmundson (if fit).

I wonder if we see Luongo or Humphreys ahead of Evans, who hasn't got back to his pre-injury standard. I think the midfield 2 is a part of the problem.

The cup game on Saturday and no midweek game next week gives us a chance to make a few changes.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:35 - Jan 23 with 2886 viewsFrimleyBlue

Really liked the look of him. Nice and direct. Some excellent ball control and looks to be a great improvement for that side next to Chaplin

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:37 - Jan 23 with 2864 viewsRobTheMonk

Looked to have good control and also the footballing brain to go with it.
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:41 - Jan 23 with 2821 viewsStewart27

Yes.

Should be a shoo in to start tomorrow.
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 12:15 - Jan 23 with 2626 viewsThe_Realist_09

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:34 - Jan 23 by ParisBlue

I wonder if we see Luongo or Humphreys ahead of Evans, who hasn't got back to his pre-injury standard. I think the midfield 2 is a part of the problem.

The cup game on Saturday and no midweek game next week gives us a chance to make a few changes.

Evans really struggles when teams come at us a bit like the last two games.

He's much better when given time and space to pick passes.
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 2593 viewsTalkingBlues

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:20 - Jan 23 by greyhound

It was comedy wasn't it? I heard the commentator saying peoples names, but you couldn't see a bloody thing and as you say, I didn't see Clarke at all during the game, lol. The cameraman was obviously in the same boat, just flashing it around hoping the ball was somewhere near where he was pointing, but often it wasn't of course.

How that game was allowed to continue is beyond shameful, it really should be replayed and fans refunded.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 12:19 - Jan 23 with 2573 viewsTalkingBlues

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:34 - Jan 23 by ParisBlue

Evans was a class above in that game, played loads of top quality balls, the problem was the people receiving them did nothing with the possession they'd been gifted, which was often Harness and Burns, who were both awful.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 12:21]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 13:18 - Jan 23 with 2319 viewsStenvict

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 12:18 - Jan 23 by TalkingBlues

It was comedy wasn't it? I heard the commentator saying peoples names, but you couldn't see a bloody thing and as you say, I didn't see Clarke at all during the game, lol. The cameraman was obviously in the same boat, just flashing it around hoping the ball was somewhere near where he was pointing, but often it wasn't of course.

How that game was allowed to continue is beyond shameful, it really should be replayed and fans refunded.

Harry Clarke was the only player us fans that were there could see

Poll: What will be announced first?

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 13:22 - Jan 23 with 2284 viewsAsa

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 12:18 - Jan 23 by TalkingBlues

On occasion, when I've not gone away I have had to turn Twitter notifications off so that they don't ruin the live match stream which is a minute or so behind.

On Saturday, in the actual stadium, I was relying on them to tell me what had actually happened in front of me. Quite bizarre!
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 13:23 - Jan 23 with 2282 viewsDJR

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 12:15 - Jan 23 by The_Realist_09

Evans really struggles when teams come at us a bit like the last two games.

He's much better when given time and space to pick passes.

It strikes me that teams have wised up to this, and Evans won't from now on be given the time and space that he had at the start of the season,
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 14:57 - Jan 23 with 2065 viewsTalkingBlues

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 13:22 - Jan 23 by Asa

On occasion, when I've not gone away I have had to turn Twitter notifications off so that they don't ruin the live match stream which is a minute or so behind.

On Saturday, in the actual stadium, I was relying on them to tell me what had actually happened in front of me. Quite bizarre!

It’s just mad, what was the ref thinking and what was McK thinking not taking them off the pitch, staying was a lottery and it didn’t go out way, even if the result had stood, a point would have been better than a possible 0.

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:01 - Jan 23 with 2041 viewsFrimleyBlue

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 14:57 - Jan 23 by TalkingBlues

It’s just mad, what was the ref thinking and what was McK thinking not taking them off the pitch, staying was a lottery and it didn’t go out way, even if the result had stood, a point would have been better than a possible 0.

I would have understood it more of we were overall in control. But it didn't really feel like it to me.
Really scrappy game. We did have opportunities but something about didn't fill you with confidence that the game was going to go our way.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 1964 viewsbilllm

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 11:35 - Jan 23 by FrimleyBlue

Really liked the look of him. Nice and direct. Some excellent ball control and looks to be a great improvement for that side next to Chaplin

Agree, very direct, he will fire us to the championship one season or another,
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 1967 viewstractorboy1978

Imagine the uproar if McKenna said 'we are happy with a point, thanks'. Mind blowing this is even being attempted to be used against him!

The sort of thing you'd expect Lambert to have done back when we went through our stage as a club of hating playing games of football.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 15:22]
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:23 - Jan 23 with 1960 viewsitfcjoe

Draws get you nowhere fast in this league - if choice was 1 point or play on I'd have played on.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:35 - Jan 23 with 1901 viewsBobsthename

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:23 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

Draws get you nowhere fast in this league - if choice was 1 point or play on I'd have played on.

Even when you say win your home games and draw away will get you promoted lol.
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:40 - Jan 23 with 1871 viewsParisBlue

Maybe this if with the benefit of hindsight, but we weren't playing particularly well and from half-time we should have been in the refs ear to abandon it and come back another day.

We're a better team than Oxford but the conditions acted as a leveller. Oxford took their chance and played the conditions more sensibly.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:44 - Jan 23 with 1845 viewsitfcjoe

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:40 - Jan 23 by ParisBlue

Maybe this if with the benefit of hindsight, but we weren't playing particularly well and from half-time we should have been in the refs ear to abandon it and come back another day.

We're a better team than Oxford but the conditions acted as a leveller. Oxford took their chance and played the conditions more sensibly.

I thought in the second half there only looked like there was going to be one winner - they weren't getting in our territory much and we looked much more dangerous and creating better chances......but then they score!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 18:28 - Jan 23 with 1598 viewsTalkingBlues

You’re right about the draws, but in those conditions it was anybody’s game and I’d have taken a point and been ok with it. However, the decision should have been put out of both managers hands and the game called off, was utterly mad to attempt to play in that fog.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 22:33]

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 20:11 - Jan 23 with 1473 viewsjas0999

Completely agree, but when he plays.

Just like your profile,I wonder if he is an Ian Marshall type. One of my favourite players by the way, but injury prone. Very.
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 21:52 - Jan 23 with 1380 viewsWicklowBlue

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 15:44 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

I thought in the second half there only looked like there was going to be one winner - they weren't getting in our territory much and we looked much more dangerous and creating better chances......but then they score!

Reminds me of many moons ago being a young captain of an amateur hockey team. We were playing a game on a shale pitch and it bucketed down, really really crap conditions. 5 mins into the second half the ref called the Captains in to ask did we want to abandon the match... We were 4-1 up at the time and pushing to get promotion out of that league. Checked with the team and we decided to play on despite the conditions.......

We lost the game 4-5.... You are dammed no matter what the decision is in such conditions.
Broadhead will kick start out season. on 07:24 - Jan 24 with 1148 viewsGavTWTD

We seem to be really reliant on Burns so I'm hoping that the asymmetric formation we employ can be switched or developed with the addition of Broadhead and Clarke. Perhaps Broadhead can be the Burns on the left or we go more symmetric. If teams have sussed us then we need to be cuter with the talent we have.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 07:31 - Jan 24 with 1131 viewsPioneerBlue

Broadhead will kick start out season. on 07:24 - Jan 24 by GavTWTD

We seem to be really reliant on Burns so I'm hoping that the asymmetric formation we employ can be switched or developed with the addition of Broadhead and Clarke. Perhaps Broadhead can be the Burns on the left or we go more symmetric. If teams have sussed us then we need to be cuter with the talent we have.

I don’t know how quickly KMcK can get the players delivering but your are right imo. Clarke offers more going forwards to make that right side more dynamic when teams look to block that side; Broadhead offer a more predatory attacking player either coming off the left or in around the box when interchanging with Chaplin/Harness.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024