Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another thread deleted 09:08 - Nov 1 with 5856 viewsPhilTWTD

Another thread which basically ended up becoming a repeat of the previous one. A bit more respect to other posters who hold different views and fewer accusations and less baiting of other users. Not really got time to deal with multiple abuse reports first thing in the morning.

Further to that, I take Bloots's point about returning users out to cause trouble. There have been a few over the last little while asking to come back and when refused seem to have set up accounts which have done little other than to cause trouble. I've banned the ones I've noticed or been pointed to.
Another thread deleted on 09:14 - Nov 1 with 3154 viewsTractorCam

I don't know anything about this, but why are people so determined to bicker? Ipswich fans setting up second accounts just to act like that towards other fans, whilst the club is in it's best state for 20 years. Bizarre.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Another thread deleted on 09:17 - Nov 1 with 3122 viewshype313

Some people seriously need to get a life and re-asses their life choices.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Well said and well played. (n/t) on 09:19 - Nov 1 with 3082 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Another thread deleted on 09:21 - Nov 1 with 3067 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Another thread deleted on 09:14 - Nov 1 by TractorCam

I don't know anything about this, but why are people so determined to bicker? Ipswich fans setting up second accounts just to act like that towards other fans, whilst the club is in it's best state for 20 years. Bizarre.

“Ipswich fans setting up second accounts just to act like that towards other fans, whilst the club is in it's best state for 20 years. Bizarre.”

No coincidence- that’s all the Budgies have now! You might say it’s the elephant in the room…
Another thread deleted on 09:39 - Nov 1 with 2980 viewsZapers

Another thread deleted on 09:14 - Nov 1 by TractorCam

I guess if MPs bicker in and out of parliament, not much hope that it won't take place on what is essentially a well run football forum.
Another thread deleted on 09:57 - Nov 1 with 2891 viewsDanTheMan

I'm just going to repeat my plea, can we please have one thread for it? It's tiring to see arguments popping up in other places, and ambiguous thread titles that turn out to be another hot take which don't warrant their own thread but end up in the same arguments.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

^^^^This, times about a gazillion. (n/t) on 10:52 - Nov 1 with 2701 viewsBloots

Another thread deleted on 09:57 - Nov 1 by DanTheMan

I'm just going to repeat my plea, can we please have one thread for it? It's tiring to see arguments popping up in other places, and ambiguous thread titles that turn out to be another hot take which don't warrant their own thread but end up in the same arguments.

Bloots for admin on 10:54 - Nov 1 with 2713 viewsblueasfook

He'd sort this place out, make no mistake.

He's good at spotting the old posters with grudges to settle though.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Another thread deleted on 11:03 - Nov 1 with 2515 viewsBlueschev

I think if you could set it that a few posters were unable to interact with each other you'd solve these issues really quickly.
Another thread deleted on 11:05 - Nov 1 with 2467 viewswkj

Another thread deleted on 11:03 - Nov 1 by Blueschev

I think if you could set it that a few posters were unable to interact with each other you'd solve these issues really quickly.

Enforced blocking for the usual foes is very much something I agree with

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Another thread deleted on 11:06 - Nov 1 with 2434 viewsblueasfook

Another thread deleted on 11:05 - Nov 1 by wkj

I think that's possible. I am sure Gav has done it before.

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:07 - Nov 1 with 2408 viewsblueasfook

Bloots for admin on 10:54 - Nov 1 by blueasfook

He'd sort this place out, make no mistake.

He's good at spotting the old posters with grudges to settle though.

Grow up!

Another thread deleted on 11:07 - Nov 1 with 2399 viewsMattinLondon

Another thread deleted on 11:03 - Nov 1 by Blueschev

That has happened before but I don’t think it’s worth the effort. Poster A and Poster B are both on mutual ignore, but one poster sees a thread when not logged in and then starts a new thread to reply. And then the other poster sees that when not logged in.

Not sure whether I’ve explained it properly but in my head I have.
Another thread deleted on 11:09 - Nov 1 with 2361 viewswkj

Another thread deleted on 11:07 - Nov 1 by MattinLondon

That has happened before but I don’t think it’s worth the effort. Poster A and Poster B are both on mutual ignore, but one poster sees a thread when not logged in and then starts a new thread to reply. And then the other poster sees that when not logged in.

Not sure whether I’ve explained it properly but in my head I have.

At that point they would be circumventing the condition of them still being on the board though, surely? Then it would be pack your bags and get outta dodge time - would it not?

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:09 - Nov 1 with 2358 viewspositivity

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:07 - Nov 1 by blueasfook

Grow up!

blueasfook: forum votes=666

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The alternative is that… on 11:10 - Nov 1 with 2317 viewsBloots

Another thread deleted on 11:09 - Nov 1 by wkj

At that point they would be circumventing the condition of them still being on the board though, surely? Then it would be pack your bags and get outta dodge time - would it not?

….people just grow up and get a life.

Another thread deleted on 11:10 - Nov 1 with 2321 viewslowhouseblue

Another thread deleted on 11:05 - Nov 1 by wkj

i had an enforced block on one now banned poster. the result was that he just continued to post abuse directed at me but i couldn't then do anything about it - i couldn't even report the abusive posts.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:11 - Nov 1 with 2311 viewsblueasfook

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:09 - Nov 1 by positivity

blueasfook: forum votes=666

I bet they're mostly upvotes though. I am not a prolific downvoter. Unless it's a genuine stinker of a post. There are certain posters who just downvote people on sight. Phil disputes it, but I know it to be the case.

I’d have about 18 million upvotes…. on 11:14 - Nov 1 with 2231 viewsBloots

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:11 - Nov 1 by blueasfook

I bet they're mostly upvotes though. I am not a prolific downvoter. Unless it's a genuine stinker of a post. There are certain posters who just downvote people on sight. Phil disputes it, but I know it to be the case.

….if it wasn’t for Dolly and Herbs.

Another thread deleted on 11:16 - Nov 1 with 2206 viewspositivity

Another thread deleted on 11:09 - Nov 1 by wkj

how about putting the more obvious trolls on everyone's ignore list?

they'd soon get bored without the bites, be quite amusing too!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:17 - Nov 1 with 2181 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I have suffered that fate since coming aboard, I don't understand how some people can make a forum debate with someone they never met so weirdly personal off the bat just because they disagree with a post or point of view?

One poster kept coming after me on every thread, I tried to ignore it at the start but others started to mob up at me as a result. Jumping on every mistake I made on any post. Admins did their best to clean the threads of the gunk, it's just a shame the posters can't see the work that creates and how negative the forum starts to feel when others have said above, we are doing the best for years!

I just want to talk football/Ipswich.
The alternative is that… on 11:17 - Nov 1 with 2176 viewswkj

The alternative is that… on 11:10 - Nov 1 by Bloots

….people just grow up and get a life.

It's easy to say that, but hard to follow it.

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:18 - Nov 1 with 2159 viewsMattinLondon

Does it really matter if someone downvotes or upvotes others?
Another thread deleted on 11:18 - Nov 1 with 2129 viewswkj

Another thread deleted on 11:10 - Nov 1 by lowhouseblue

i had an enforced block on one now banned poster. the result was that he just continued to post abuse directed at me but i couldn't then do anything about it - i couldn't even report the abusive posts.

As I said...

`At that point they would be circumventing the condition of them still being on the board though, surely? Then it would be pack your bags and get outta dodge time - would it not?`

Give they are banned, it seems that is how it played out.

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:19 - Nov 1 with 2125 viewsblueasfook

Downvoters gonna downvote on 11:18 - Nov 1 by MattinLondon

Does it really matter if someone downvotes or upvotes others?

I just don't think it's a helpful feature - particularly the downvote. It discourages people from posting when abused, and it does get abused, there is no disputing that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024