Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The problem with such an incredible start 22:37 - Nov 7 with 1804 viewsFromReuserWithLove

to the season is that it has warped expectations. Media and some fans will now view play-offs as a 'collapse' or a failure when it wouldn't be. Like Sheff Weds last season was dubbed a collapse despite amassing 98pts.

Please remember, everyone pulling together in the same direction has played a massive part to our recent successes.

COYB
The problem with such an incredible start on 22:40 - Nov 7 with 1758 viewsPowrigan

Regardless of the start, not being Rotherham or Birmingham is shameful.
The problem with such an incredible start on 22:42 - Nov 7 with 1712 viewsblueprint

The problem with such an incredible start on 22:40 - Nov 7 by Powrigan

Oh pack it in. We are punching well above our weight at the moment. Whatever happens this season the transformation of this club since McKenna joined has been remarkable.
The problem with such an incredible start on 22:44 - Nov 7 with 1681 viewspointofblue

On the flip side, we won at Sunderland, Southampton and Bristol City.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The problem with such an incredible start on 22:44 - Nov 7 with 1679 viewsdavblue

Oh ffs.
The problem with such an incredible start on 22:46 - Nov 7 with 1648 viewsSuffolktractor

Ridiculous comment.
The problem with such an incredible start on 22:48 - Nov 7 with 1631 viewsBlueBadger

Give over, you massive fanny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The problem with such an incredible start on 22:50 - Nov 7 with 1587 viewspointofblue

Why would we want to be Rotherham or Birmingham?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The problem with such an incredible start on 22:55 - Nov 7 with 1550 viewsRKD

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment to manage expectations, to be honest I disagree with your post. I think most people (both ITFC affiliated and external) recognise the great start we have had, and they agree we are there on merit. I also think that most people (both ITFC affiliated and external) are realistic about the extent we can maintain this form for.

If it wasn’t for the fact that Leicester (one of the best squads this league has ever seen) have mirrored our remarkable start, I think there would be a considerably higher amount of hype about us now than there already is. This, by the way, can only be deemed as a massive advantage for us I think - not only does it raise our own performance levels, it deflects a lot of the media pressure/expectation.

In summary - chill, bro. If you’re getting this worked up about an incredible start, you’re really going to struggle with the concept of VAR next season.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Login to get fewer ads

The problem with such an incredible start on 23:01 - Nov 7 with 1491 viewsSitfcB

Oh shut up you tart.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The problem with such an incredible start on 23:04 - Nov 7 with 1482 viewswaveneyblue

I think you're often on the Matchday chat.

You're a tit on there too
The problem with such an incredible start on 23:05 - Nov 7 with 1473 viewsSwailsey

Wrong board m8.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

The problem with such an incredible start on 00:14 - Nov 8 with 1377 viewsStewart27

You’re shameful. That’s what you are.
The problem with such an incredible start on 08:46 - Nov 8 with 1136 viewsChurchman

There is no shame in a draw, a loss or a poor performance. The opposition want to win just as much as we do. Shame in sport only comes if you give up or don’t give 100% as our friends up the road clearly didn’t on Sunday.

We are not the worlds best team, but you cannot accuse McKenna’s side of not giving their all. That’ll always be enough for me whether we are 2nd or 22nd.
The problem with such an incredible start on 09:55 - Nov 8 with 1060 viewsCotty

LOL
The problem with such an incredible start on 10:01 - Nov 8 with 1034 viewsHerbivore

I believe the correct phrasing here is "you absolute whopper".

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The problem with such an incredible start on 11:04 - Nov 8 with 950 viewsFromReuserWithLove

The problem with such an incredible start on 22:55 - Nov 7 by RKD

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment to manage expectations, to be honest I disagree with your post. I think most people (both ITFC affiliated and external) recognise the great start we have had, and they agree we are there on merit. I also think that most people (both ITFC affiliated and external) are realistic about the extent we can maintain this form for.

If it wasn’t for the fact that Leicester (one of the best squads this league has ever seen) have mirrored our remarkable start, I think there would be a considerably higher amount of hype about us now than there already is. This, by the way, can only be deemed as a massive advantage for us I think - not only does it raise our own performance levels, it deflects a lot of the media pressure/expectation.

In summary - chill, bro. If you’re getting this worked up about an incredible start, you’re really going to struggle with the concept of VAR next season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving every second of this but I even find myself expecting wins now and bemoaning us not breaking down teams after 17 shots on goal.

17 shots!! I remember when we cheered winning a corner!

I just don't want to lose sight of how far we've come and for fans to start jumping on performances of players. This squad deserves nothing but love.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024