Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket resale platform launched… 12:08 - Mar 10 with 1908 viewsSitfcB

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/10/ticket-resale-platform-launched/

Familiar face in the picture
[Post edited 10 Mar 12:19]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ticket resale platform launched… on 12:10 - Mar 10 with 1872 viewsNeedhamChris

Great news

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Ticket resale platform launched… on 13:20 - Mar 10 with 1706 viewsAlexMathie

The club do well out of this. I sell my ticket for the Southampton game for 1/23 value of the season ticket minus £1 admin fee is about £19.20 to me. The club sell it at matchday price for a Grade A game to a non-membership adult for £34; a profit of £15.

I’m for it as I can’t make every game, just wanted to make people aware they’ll get more money selling it privately towards the actual value of a matchday ticket.

www.turfgame.com

Ticket resale platform launched… on 13:23 - Mar 10 with 1679 viewsZx1988

Ticket resale platform launched… on 13:20 - Mar 10 by AlexMathie

The club do well out of this. I sell my ticket for the Southampton game for 1/23 value of the season ticket minus £1 admin fee is about £19.20 to me. The club sell it at matchday price for a Grade A game to a non-membership adult for £34; a profit of £15.

I’m for it as I can’t make every game, just wanted to make people aware they’ll get more money selling it privately towards the actual value of a matchday ticket.

That occurred to me as well.

How do other clubs do it? A similar system, or selling at face value with an admin fee/percentage going to the club?

I get why they're doing it, but I think the current setup might not do much to encourage fans to transition to using it rather than selling privately.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Ticket resale platform launched… on 13:36 - Mar 10 with 1634 viewsDublinBlue84

You do realise if they give you more of a refund than 1/23 value, it would then make it profitable for touts to mass buy season tickets, never go to a game and then sell their ticket back to the club every match, as the total refund amount would be more than they paid for the season ticket in the first place....

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Ticket resale platform launched… on 13:43 - Mar 10 with 1590 viewsVegtablue

Except ST holders shouldn't be looking to profit at the expense of fans or the club. Receiving back what we paid is fair, I like the scheme and won't quibble over a quid. Those buying STs and profiting should be stripped of them, we sold too many as it is.

On the odd occasion I can't go I give mine to someone, which I'm guessing is the norm and will continue to be for those who live in Ipswich. This will definitely benefit some and the club though, win win.
Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:02 - Mar 10 with 1525 viewsAlexMathie

Ticket resale platform launched… on 13:36 - Mar 10 by DublinBlue84

You do realise if they give you more of a refund than 1/23 value, it would then make it profitable for touts to mass buy season tickets, never go to a game and then sell their ticket back to the club every match, as the total refund amount would be more than they paid for the season ticket in the first place....

I appreciate that. I think PL clubs have a strict limit on how many tickets you can resell, making that scenario unlikely. It’s also more of an incentive to resell back to the club, than giving your ticket to the person who sits next you/work colleague/acquaintance.

It’s a healthy position for the club to be in, to be selling out almost every home game and being able to offer the resell option to ST holders in the likelihood the ticket will be resold. It’s also more of an incentive for ST holders to renew, knowing they’ll be able to sell their tickets to games they can’t make.

www.turfgame.com

Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:02 - Mar 10 with 1524 viewsNeedhamChris

I'd expect that if taken forward, this will be alongside more thorough checks of ID where required.

Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:05 - Mar 10 with 1514 viewsTrequartista

If there is one guarantee in life, its that the question I have is never in Frequently Asked Questions.

Where does it say how much the ticket goes on sale for? Is it the same as the sale price?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:09 - Mar 10 with 1480 viewsNeedhamChris

Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:05 - Mar 10 by Trequartista

If there is one guarantee in life, its that the question I have is never in Frequently Asked Questions.

Where does it say how much the ticket goes on sale for? Is it the same as the sale price?

I think that's a given, otherwise the club would potentially be undercutting its own ticket prices.

Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:11 - Mar 10 with 1466 viewsTractorWood

Great move. Will really help me as I can rarely make Tuesdays.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:17 - Mar 10 with 1435 viewsTrequartista

Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:09 - Mar 10 by NeedhamChris

I think that's a given, otherwise the club would potentially be undercutting its own ticket prices.

Yeah I was imagining some fastest finger first thing for the cheap resale tickets.

I think its just me, i always see the FAQs as the givens and have some weird angle on things.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ticket resale platform launched… on 14:29 - Mar 10 with 1366 viewshoppy

I’ve had my people have a word with their people.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ticket resale platform launched… on 16:27 - Mar 10 with 1186 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

This is brilliant news for me.

I live 130 miles away, so struggle to make midweek fixtures and don't have anyone to pass my ticket onto.

Everyone wins. I get a 1/23 refund, the club get the full matchday price along with food/drink sales etc. And my seat is occupied to back the team.

Ticket resale platform launched… on 08:41 - Mar 11 with 832 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"...who also have Club memberships"

That's annoying, why add that stipulation?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Ticket resale platform launched… on 08:55 - Mar 11 with 808 viewsBuhrer

I can see this is useful for some, if I'm not there I'd rather just gift them to local fans that couldn't afford them normally.
Ticket resale platform launched… on 09:09 - Mar 11 with 789 viewsNeedhamChris

Ticket resale platform launched… on 08:41 - Mar 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

"...who also have Club memberships"

That's annoying, why add that stipulation?

Not a permanent stipulation, it's a pilot so probably one of the only ways to pick a slightly reduced test group.

Hopefully it goes well - will make it more accessible to many.

Ticket resale platform launched… on 10:00 - Mar 11 with 719 viewsxrayspecs

It will be interesting to see how Town use the resale platform. I know other clubs only turn this option on once a match is sold out.

While as others have pointed out in the thread the club make a profit by refunding 1/23 of the ST price and then selling the ticket at full price, they will make more money by not having the refund option and selling unsold tickets at full price.

Fans who believe they will be able to get refunds for all the games they are unable/choose not to attend my be disappointed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024