Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 days til new fines system for speeders 09:46 - Apr 21 with 850 viewsbluelagos

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/18773/speeding-fines-to-rise-in-april-2017-what-it-cou

3 bands of speeding. Fines dependent on earnings.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:50 - Apr 21 with 826 viewsMJallday

this isnt as much news as you'd think

the fine for speeding has been UP TO £1000 (for any road except motorway) and £2500 for motorway and UP to 100% of your income - for literally years. it was certainly the case in 2011

its only going UP to £2500 and UP TO 150%. whist this means fines will go up, dont think everyone will get that. they wont.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:51 - Apr 21 with 821 viewsGeoffSentence

Didn't they try this earnings related fines malarkey before and then dumped it due to people getting massive fines for relatively trivial offences?

Also, this weekly wage malarkey, is that before or after tax? If it is taken out of your gross wage then higher rate tax payers will be hit disproportionately since any percentage of their gross pay will be a higher portion of their take home than those who are on a lower rate.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:52 - Apr 21 with 814 viewshype313

From the comments...

This article is incredibly inaccurate. There is no minimum £100 fine. That's something he made up and the author can't spell the word licence. The important point, apparently completely missed, is that the new guidelines only apply if court proceedings are instituted.

The 36/30 example is ridiculous. 36/30 is a speed awareness course or otherwise a £100 fixed penalty and 3 points endorsement. 36/30 doesn't involve court proceedings and an income based fine - and it won't in future. The only reason 36/30 would go to court is if the accused didn't pay the £100 fixed penalty or wasn't eligible for a fixed penalty - because he has 9 or more points within 3 years of the latest offence.

The new guidelines are near identical to the existing guidelines - but only the highest category changes from Band B to Band C.

Drive at speeds up to and incuding 95/70 and the police will offer you the chance to pay a fixed penalty. Absolutely nothing to do with your income. The same applies to speeds up to and including 49/30. This is not changing.

Also, mobile phone "fines" are not increasing to £200. The fixed penalty will increase from £100 to £200.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:54 - Apr 21 with 811 viewshoppy

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:51 - Apr 21 by GeoffSentence

Didn't they try this earnings related fines malarkey before and then dumped it due to people getting massive fines for relatively trivial offences?

Also, this weekly wage malarkey, is that before or after tax? If it is taken out of your gross wage then higher rate tax payers will be hit disproportionately since any percentage of their gross pay will be a higher portion of their take home than those who are on a lower rate.

What about those that have an inconsistent income - freelancers etc that depends how much they've been able to work?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:58 - Apr 21 with 791 viewsGeoffSentence

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:54 - Apr 21 by hoppy

What about those that have an inconsistent income - freelancers etc that depends how much they've been able to work?

It's full of holes Hoppy, full of holes.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:22 - Apr 21 with 731 viewsfactual_blue

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:54 - Apr 21 by hoppy

So a system that favours the workshy graphic designer then?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:22 - Apr 21 with 732 viewsMJallday

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:58 - Apr 21 by GeoffSentence

It's full of holes Hoppy, full of holes.

as i said, the fine was "up to 1000, and up to 2500 on a motorway" when i got done (on an a road) - i got £300...

this article is just people stiring it.

im also wondering how theyve snuck this in before purdah too...

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:36 - Apr 21 with 728 viewshoppy

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:22 - Apr 21 by factual_blue

If you read my post, I used an example of freelancers. I didn't mention graphic designers, workshy or otherwise.

Login to get fewer ads

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:47 - Apr 21 with 704 viewsbluelagos

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:22 - Apr 21 by factual_blue

Or the recently retired?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:48 - Apr 21 with 698 viewsRyorry

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 09:52 - Apr 21 by hype313

From the comments...

This article is incredibly inaccurate. There is no minimum £100 fine. That's something he made up and the author can't spell the word licence. The important point, apparently completely missed, is that the new guidelines only apply if court proceedings are instituted.

The 36/30 example is ridiculous. 36/30 is a speed awareness course or otherwise a £100 fixed penalty and 3 points endorsement. 36/30 doesn't involve court proceedings and an income based fine - and it won't in future. The only reason 36/30 would go to court is if the accused didn't pay the £100 fixed penalty or wasn't eligible for a fixed penalty - because he has 9 or more points within 3 years of the latest offence.

The new guidelines are near identical to the existing guidelines - but only the highest category changes from Band B to Band C.

Drive at speeds up to and incuding 95/70 and the police will offer you the chance to pay a fixed penalty. Absolutely nothing to do with your income. The same applies to speeds up to and including 49/30. This is not changing.

Also, mobile phone "fines" are not increasing to £200. The fixed penalty will increase from £100 to £200.

The word "licence" is actually spelled perfectly correctly (where used as a noun) there - eg driving licence.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 11:24 - Apr 21 with 649 viewsPinewoodblue

Majority of offenders will still be offered a driver awareness course or the opportunity to pay a fixed penalty. Very few get tsken to court for speeding especially at the lower levels.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 11:33 - Apr 21 with 622 viewsfactual_blue

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:47 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

Or the recently retired?

How did you find out I'm retired?

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 11:38 - Apr 21 with 612 viewsfactual_blue

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 10:36 - Apr 21 by hoppy

If you read my post, I used an example of freelancers. I didn't mention graphic designers, workshy or otherwise.

I misread that as ' freeloaders', and understandably thought immediately of graphic designers

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 11:41 - Apr 21 with 606 viewsNo9

I thought it was only bikers who got prosecuted for speeding?
3 days til new fines system for speeders on 11:48 - Apr 21 with 589 viewshoppy

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 11:33 - Apr 21 by factual_blue

How did you find out I'm retired?

I think you mentioned it once when you let slip that you were also going off on holiday. Don't think anyone really noticed though.

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 12:07 - Apr 21 with 571 viewsgiant_stow

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 11:38 - Apr 21 by factual_blue

I misread that as ' freeloaders', and understandably thought immediately of graphic designers

Its those retired-at-50-on-110%-of-final-salary-civil-service-manager-types that would be first up against the wall in any decent society.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 12:41 - Apr 21 with 535 viewsfactual_blue

3 days til new fines system for speeders on 12:07 - Apr 21 by giant_stow

Its those retired-at-50-on-110%-of-final-salary-civil-service-manager-types that would be first up against the wall in any decent society.

I was 58 actually.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024