Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition 14:38 - Apr 20 with 3833 viewsArcher4721

by the other parties to stop them.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/19/coalition-collaboration-ta
Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:40 - Apr 20 with 1857 viewsGlasgowBlue

Arf!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:43 - Apr 20 with 1862 viewsArcher4721

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:40 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

Arf!

Yeah I can still hear Zac Goldsmith blubbing about it.

Arf.

#keepthetoriesout
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 14:45]
Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:45 - Apr 20 with 1835 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:43 - Apr 20 by Archer4721

Yeah I can still hear Zac Goldsmith blubbing about it.

Arf.

#keepthetoriesout
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 14:45]

Fancy a charity bet on this? £100 says the Tories will win the election.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 14:46]

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:45 - Apr 20 with 1852 viewsDarth_Koont

I think a Lab/LibDem/SNP/Greenish coalition could be very good. And hardly more divided and disorganised than the Tory party as it attempts to keep a whole swathe of different people happy many of whom can't comprehend the 21st Century let alone know how to live and thrive in it.

Sturgeon for PM ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:47 - Apr 20 with 1821 viewsStokieBlue

I don't want to nitpick but did you read the article?

There is not a single quote from the various party leaders saying they are going to do this.

It's an opinion piece by someone who used to be a very decent journalist.

SB
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 14:49]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:47 - Apr 20 with 1813 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:47 - Apr 20 by StokieBlue

There is not a single quote from the various party leaders saying they are going to do this.

SB

Paul Mason seems to have lost the plot recently.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:48 - Apr 20 with 1818 viewsGeoffSentence

That is one bloke saying he would like there to be one, that's all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:50 - Apr 20 with 1795 viewsGeoffSentence

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:45 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

By win do you mean have the most seats or form the next government?

In all honesty it is likely to be both, but hey-ho, best to clarify it in advance in case of arguments.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:52 - Apr 20 with 1775 viewshype313

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:47 - Apr 20 by StokieBlue

SB

Even Corbyn has dismissed it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:53 - Apr 20 with 1759 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:48 - Apr 20 by GeoffSentence

That is one bloke saying he would like there to be one, that's all.

Paul Mason lives in a Labour constituency, is a Labour member but says he will vote tactically.

He's completely lost it.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:53 - Apr 20 with 1757 viewsArcher4721

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:45 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

That's brave of you.

Go to your local bookie and get 1-16 odds!
Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:54 - Apr 20 with 1743 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:50 - Apr 20 by GeoffSentence

By win do you mean have the most seats or form the next government?

In all honesty it is likely to be both, but hey-ho, best to clarify it in advance in case of arguments.

That the Tories will win a majority. Archer says there is going to be a rainbow coalition. Let's see if he will put his money where his mouth is?

All for charity of course.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:55 - Apr 20 with 1729 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:53 - Apr 20 by Archer4721

That's brave of you.

Go to your local bookie and get 1-16 odds!

But you said there is going to be an anti Tory coalition. Put your money where your mouth is.

Your charity of choice against mine.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:56 - Apr 20 with 1726 viewsArcher4721

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:55 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

But you said there is going to be an anti Tory coalition. Put your money where your mouth is.

Your charity of choice against mine.

Oh bless . You really don't understand how betting works do you.
Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:59 - Apr 20 with 1692 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:56 - Apr 20 by Archer4721

Oh bless . You really don't understand how betting works do you.

I know how a bet between two people with different opinions works.

Now are you putting your money where your mouth is or not?

Tories win you pay £100 to the charity of my choice. Of there is an anti Tory coalition then I pay £100 to a charity of your choice.

Well?

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:59 - Apr 20 with 1700 viewsFtnfwest

and there'll be no 'lying', just 'changing minds'
Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:00 - Apr 20 with 1690 viewsArcher4721

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:59 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

I know how a bet between two people with different opinions works.

Now are you putting your money where your mouth is or not?

Tories win you pay £100 to the charity of my choice. Of there is an anti Tory coalition then I pay £100 to a charity of your choice.

Well?

give me 33-1
Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:05 - Apr 20 with 1662 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:00 - Apr 20 by Archer4721

give me 33-1

Stop running away. I'm not a bookmaker. I don't give odds.

I offered you a charity bet on equal terms. You chickened out.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:08 - Apr 20 with 1641 viewsArcher4721

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:05 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

Then don't ask me for stupid bets at ridiculously stupid odds.
Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:08 - Apr 20 with 1635 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 14:45 - Apr 20 by Darth_Koont

I think a Lab/LibDem/SNP/Greenish coalition could be very good. And hardly more divided and disorganised than the Tory party as it attempts to keep a whole swathe of different people happy many of whom can't comprehend the 21st Century let alone know how to live and thrive in it.

Sturgeon for PM ...

The problem is Labour won't do this, unless they get there hard-left candidate in they won't step aside.

In the Richmond by-election it was suggested by things like More united, Progressive Alliance etc that labour step aside and campaign for Sarah Olney but they wouldn't do it. Olney and the LDs won by just under 2k votes but the 1,500 that went to Labour could have caused the result to be different had it been narrow the other way.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:14 - Apr 20 with 1619 viewsJ2BLUE

It would need to be able to beat the Tories, DUP or whatever the pro Brexit party in NI is called, Carswell and any UKIP MPs. I assume UKIP won't have any but there's a slim outside chance if Farage chooses to stand.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:17 - Apr 20 with 1597 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:08 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

The problem is Labour won't do this, unless they get there hard-left candidate in they won't step aside.

In the Richmond by-election it was suggested by things like More united, Progressive Alliance etc that labour step aside and campaign for Sarah Olney but they wouldn't do it. Olney and the LDs won by just under 2k votes but the 1,500 that went to Labour could have caused the result to be different had it been narrow the other way.

I don't disagree. Again another of the huge problems with FPTP - in PR you get people voting and parties campaigning as they want and you form the coalition either before or after the vote - with a clear understanding of how much power each coalition party should get in government.

If it's all about playing games at a local party level and effectively handicapping local parties then it's a non-starter.

I'd laugh at our system if it wasn't deeply tragic at the same time. It's just mind-numbingly undemocratic and unwieldy in this day and age.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 15:18]

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:20 - Apr 20 with 1576 viewsmonytowbray

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:05 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

Have you been taking argument lessons from Taxers!?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:23 - Apr 20 with 1557 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:08 - Apr 20 by Archer4721

Then don't ask me for stupid bets at ridiculously stupid odds.

I haven't offered you any odds. I offered you a gentleman's charity bet on equal terms.

Either my charity of choice or yours would have benefited on June 9th if you had a pair of balls.

Cluck cluck.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:23 - Apr 20 with 1549 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like there's going to be an anti Tory coalition on 15:20 - Apr 20 by monytowbray

Have you been taking argument lessons from Taxers!?

Who's arguing?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024