Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln 15:45 - Jul 31 with 12456 viewsgibbsm1

Seems a lot of people seem to forget that Lincoln beat Burnley away after they knocked us out.........

We played poorly in that game with a much changed team, but didn't get out thought. We simply didn't (and don't) prioritise cup competitions.
Lincoln on 15:48 - Jul 31 with 8075 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We had a strong team for the draw at Portman Road. As usual Lawrence got us out of jail.

The line up was a bit weaker at Sincil Bank, but should still have been capable of putting in a performance.

We were truly abject v Lincoln, there are no excuses.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lincoln on 15:48 - Jul 31 with 8076 viewsSarge

It wasn't a much changed team, it was largely the first team.

And we played as badly as we did on any other week of last season, and it got us beaten by a non league side. That's what was so galling about it. We didn't have an off day, it was business as usual.
Lincoln on 15:49 - Jul 31 with 8068 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lincoln on 15:48 - Jul 31 by Sarge

And we played as badly as we did on any other week of last season, and it got us beaten by a non league side. That's what was so galling about it. We didn't have an off day, it was business as usual.

Indeed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lincoln on 16:48 - Jul 31 with 7946 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lincoln on 15:48 - Jul 31 by Sarge

Lincoln away and Rotherham away were the two worst performances of last season by a country mile

Both were weakened teams but that's no excuse at all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lincoln on 17:30 - Jul 31 with 7859 viewsClausThomsen

Burnley and Brighton both had bigger fish to fry, we didn't.

We lost to them over 2 legs and were comprehensively outplayed by a team coached by PE teachers.

There's no excuse - unless your boss is ME.
Lincoln on 17:43 - Jul 31 with 7815 viewsjas0999

Our performance - on prime time BBC ONE - was a complete shambles, embarrassment and completely indefensible.
Lincoln on 17:52 - Jul 31 with 7792 viewsLankHenners

Not sure what your point is here. Yes we were awful, but anyone falling over themselves screaming that Mick should have gone then is deluded: we go out early in the cups every year - neither Mick nor Evans value it highly and thus the latter doesn't judge the former on it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lincoln on 17:57 - Jul 31 with 7775 viewsSarge

Lincoln on 17:52 - Jul 31 by LankHenners

Not sure what your point is here. Yes we were awful, but anyone falling over themselves screaming that Mick should have gone then is deluded: we go out early in the cups every year - neither Mick nor Evans value it highly and thus the latter doesn't judge the former on it.

Being crap for 2 years and capping it off by being deservedly beaten on national television by a non league side is usually a sackable offence at a football club. Nothing deluded about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln on 17:59 - Jul 31 with 7762 viewschicoazul

Great film.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lincoln on 17:59 - Jul 31 with 7759 viewsClausThomsen

Lincoln on 17:52 - Jul 31 by LankHenners

Fair enough if we're chasing the playoffs or have something to play for, then the cups are the lowest priority.

But our season was over as far as playoffs or relegation were concerned when we played Lincoln.

Mick should have gone then, it was quite clear then (as it is now) that he has failed to build on the playoff team and that the squad aren't running through walls for him anymore.

All things come to an end, Mick's end should have been after Lincoln which just compounded our league form and ultimately became our worst season for decades.

PS I bet you disagree, then I'll disagree, then you'll disagree etc etc etc
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 18:01]
Lincoln on 18:00 - Jul 31 with 7756 viewsLankHenners

Lincoln on 17:57 - Jul 31 by Sarge

Being crap for 2 years and capping it off by being deservedly beaten on national television by a non league side is usually a sackable offence at a football club. Nothing deluded about it.

You can cut out 'and capping it off by being deservedly beaten on national television by a non league side', and have a point, and many felt he should have gone at the end of last season.

Mick isn't judged on cups under Evans. Never has, never will.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 18:00]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lincoln on 18:02 - Jul 31 with 7745 viewsClausThomsen

Lincoln on 18:00 - Jul 31 by LankHenners

You can cut out 'and capping it off by being deservedly beaten on national television by a non league side', and have a point, and many felt he should have gone at the end of last season.

He isn't judged on league placings either.
Lincoln on 18:05 - Jul 31 with 7725 viewsSarge

Lincoln on 18:00 - Jul 31 by LankHenners

This is an owner that decided the best thing to do after beating Norwich at home was to sack the manager.

I genuinely don't think there is anything Mick could do that would put him in danger. He's already done everything that would have invoked a P45 from any other owner.
Lincoln on 18:05 - Jul 31 with 7722 viewsSwn98

Shouldn't we be worrying more about this season rather than keep trawling up the calamities of last!.
Lincoln on 18:25 - Jul 31 with 7678 viewssundaze

Lincoln on 18:05 - Jul 31 by Swn98

Shouldn't we be worrying more about this season rather than keep trawling up the calamities of last!.

Very good point, however this season is going to be an extension of last season if everything stays the same. Same lack of investment, same manager with the same negative ideas and the same upset supporters, at least the ones that are still going to support. We have to start trying to build momentum this season, this includes naming a strong team to try and win cup games. We have never benefited from resting players, we usually fail to win our next league games. MM must be on borrowed time, now is the time to try a different approach, he has nothing to lose.
Lincoln on 18:45 - Jul 31 with 7641 viewstextbackup

Guess what, what Burnley do is no interest to me as I'm an ITFC fan

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lincoln on 19:38 - Jul 31 with 7574 viewsITFC_Forever

I don't care, I'm not a Burnley fan.

I'm an Ipswich fan and we were dreadful in the first game and appalling in the second.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lincoln on 19:56 - Jul 31 with 7559 viewsitfcjoe

They also knocked out Brighton, but too many fans live in a bubble where they don't look at anything outside ITFC

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lincoln on 20:00 - Jul 31 with 7545 viewswkj

Lincoln was a funny one - I think what was irritating most was the certain players, (Leon Best particularly) didn't seem to give a hoot. As usual the club's PR handling of the result was terrible and Mick's post match comments rankled. Lincoln did play well, they played to win and not only against us, however, we played like we didn't care- which given the warning shot they fired at us at home, you'd have though and expected the team to have had rockets strapped to them on the replay
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 20:03]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lincoln on 20:09 - Jul 31 with 7513 viewsBenters

balls

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Lincoln on 21:15 - Jul 31 with 7443 viewsITFC_Forever

Lincoln on 19:56 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

They also knocked out Brighton, but too many fans live in a bubble where they don't look at anything outside ITFC

Didn't Brighton make a large number of changes as they (and Burnley come to mention it) had some thing better to play for?

Lincoln on 21:19 - Jul 31 with 7432 viewsitfcjoe

Lincoln on 21:15 - Jul 31 by ITFC_Forever

Didn't Brighton make a large number of changes as they (and Burnley come to mention it) had some thing better to play for?

So did we in reality though.

We've never taken cups seriously under ME and MMc so to sack him for a competition that has previously been disregarded would be unfair - there were plenty of more worthy times to do so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lincoln on 21:25 - Jul 31 with 7402 viewsITFC_Forever

Lincoln on 21:19 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

We've never taken cups seriously under ME and MMc so to sack him for a competition that has previously been disregarded would be unfair - there were plenty of more worthy times to do so

It wasn't just the defeat, but the manner of it... often when a club are the victim of a "giant-killing", they have invariably have numerous chances, hit the bar, keeper makes great saves etc.
We were a shambles, especially in the second leg and thoroughly deserved to lose.

And us having something to play for was another, different mess of our own making.

Lincoln on 06:10 - Aug 1 with 7294 viewsBenters

We should show a interest in the cup games though.

Those two divs you mention should be bloody ashamed .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Lincoln on 06:20 - Aug 1 with 7266 viewsbluesym

McCarthy may have never taken the cups seriously,but,come on Joe,this was a disgraceful showing even by our standards!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024