Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetically Speaking... 11:49 - Dec 3 with 2463 viewsLuke40885

Say we do pull of a place in the play offs and/or promotion, do you think MM would actually like to stay at our club and do you think he’d actually be offered another contract if he did pull it off?

Iᴘsᴡɪᴄʜ Tᴏᴡɴ Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Cʟᴜʙ
Poll: Will you be renewing?

Hypothetically Speaking... on 11:59 - Dec 3 with 2425 viewspatrickswell

He’d be offered the contract, no question. Whether he would accept, it I don’t know. I’m sure he would love to manage in the Premier League again, but would the thought of getting dogs abuse were we to get gubbed on the opening day by Manchester City, give him pause for thought? I suspect it would come down to budget - will he have enough to give us a crack at staying up or do they play a long game and ensure that if we came down he would be able to buy top players in the Championship a la Burnley.
Hypothetically Speaking... on 11:59 - Dec 3 with 2424 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We could finish 20 points off the playoffs and Evans will offer him a new contract.

I think unless he took us up, he will probably walk. Hopefully to rapturous applause after a really fun final season with Texters leading the chants of 'Mick McCarthy we want you to stay'.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 12:00]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hypothetically Speaking... on 12:14 - Dec 3 with 2393 viewsLuke40885

Hypothetically Speaking... on 11:59 - Dec 3 by patrickswell

He’d be offered the contract, no question. Whether he would accept, it I don’t know. I’m sure he would love to manage in the Premier League again, but would the thought of getting dogs abuse were we to get gubbed on the opening day by Manchester City, give him pause for thought? I suspect it would come down to budget - will he have enough to give us a crack at staying up or do they play a long game and ensure that if we came down he would be able to buy top players in the Championship a la Burnley.

See his little jibe yesterday makes me wonder if would actually accept, promotion or not. I think he’s had enough of the fickle fans .. its only a matter of time before those chants start changing but Mick is one stubborn bastard

Iᴘsᴡɪᴄʜ Tᴏᴡɴ Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Cʟᴜʙ
Poll: Will you be renewing?

Hypothetically Speaking... on 12:19 - Dec 3 with 2380 viewsPendejo

Hypothetically Speaking... on 12:14 - Dec 3 by Luke40885

See his little jibe yesterday makes me wonder if would actually accept, promotion or not. I think he’s had enough of the fickle fans .. its only a matter of time before those chants start changing but Mick is one stubborn bastard

He'd like another crack at Prem, his best opportunity remains ITFC, unless Mansour sees thru the false God that is Pep

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Hypothetically Speaking... on 12:20 - Dec 3 with 2378 viewspointofblue

Though let’s be honest, we fans are quite stubborn too. A defeat to Villa thanks to two individual errors and people were calling for his head.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hypothetically Speaking... on 12:45 - Dec 3 with 2348 viewsJ2BLUE

Either way he would get the offer.

If we get to the play offs and fail, I think he might walk.

If we get to the play offs and go up, I think he would stay.

MM himself has said his relationship with the vast majority of fans is very good so there's no real reason for him to even think about it before he signs the deal. We're already seeing stances soften towards MM from the strongest outers. If we went up it should be a true reset. I'm sure MM would have a little dig at his most vocal critics but it would be up to them to take it and move on IMO. MM knows football better than most. He will know we could start away to Man City and lose 1-0 in the 89th minute and he'd still get criticism from a minority.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hypothetically Speaking... on 12:53 - Dec 3 with 2325 viewsSomethingBlue

Hypothetically Speaking... on 12:45 - Dec 3 by J2BLUE

Either way he would get the offer.

If we get to the play offs and fail, I think he might walk.

If we get to the play offs and go up, I think he would stay.

MM himself has said his relationship with the vast majority of fans is very good so there's no real reason for him to even think about it before he signs the deal. We're already seeing stances soften towards MM from the strongest outers. If we went up it should be a true reset. I'm sure MM would have a little dig at his most vocal critics but it would be up to them to take it and move on IMO. MM knows football better than most. He will know we could start away to Man City and lose 1-0 in the 89th minute and he'd still get criticism from a minority.

He'll be off unless we go up, I think. Promotion would mean he deserves the chance to lead us in the Prem but I think the last 18 months has really hurt him — just as it has hurt everyone else, but in slightly different ways — and it would take something huge for him to carry on.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hypothetically Speaking... on 13:00 - Dec 3 with 2306 viewsHerbivore

Hypothetically Speaking... on 12:53 - Dec 3 by SomethingBlue

He'll be off unless we go up, I think. Promotion would mean he deserves the chance to lead us in the Prem but I think the last 18 months has really hurt him — just as it has hurt everyone else, but in slightly different ways — and it would take something huge for him to carry on.

Yep, agree with this. Some of the vitriol that has been aimed at him has been over the top imo and I think only promotion would convince him to stick around.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetically Speaking... on 13:11 - Dec 3 with 2286 viewsBent_double

He's going to get fickle fans wherever he goes, it comes with the territory nowadays with 24/7 football and all fans demanding their team plays like Barcelona.

If he leaves, it'll be because he's been offered a bigger/better role elsewhere, higher salary, guaranteed transfer kitty and a really good chance of promotion to the PL.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Hypothetically Speaking... on 13:12 - Dec 3 with 2279 viewsNo9

Somethings run their course.
MM & ITFC is one of those things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024