Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h 21:38 - Dec 18 with 6683 viewsLord_Lucan

also struggled with. He questions the purpose of a washing up bowl within a sink. Now I remember my Nan had one because the plug was perished but aside from that what is the purpose of a plastic inner sink?

To make it more baffling to me when we had an extension and new kitchen, Lady Lucan absolutely insisted on a butler sink because they are bigger and look good - yet she still immediately inserted a standard sized plastic bowl within it.

To make the mind boggle further we have a dishwasher and the sink (and inner plastic sink) is only really ever used for bleaching dish cloths or pouring out dregs of unwanted tea and coffee.

Explain this please women of TWTD.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2017 21:44]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 21:42 - Dec 18 with 5090 views_

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:44 - Dec 18 with 5084 viewsClapham_Junction

My Mum has one because she thinks the sink is too dirty to do washing up in.

TBF this excuse had some validity when she still lived with my Dad on the farm as he'd wash his hands in the kitchen sink after dealing with animals, manure or repairing machinery. However, she kept doing it even after she'd moved out and couldn't be convinced that non-farm sinks were probably reasonably clean.
I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:49 - Dec 18 with 5065 viewsFootballpete

I posed the same question to my new girlfriend having just ruined mine cleaning paintbrushes. Apparently they keep the washing up water hotter for longer, which despite my scepticism I have begun to notice.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:53 - Dec 18 with 5046 viewsslump

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:49 - Dec 18 by Footballpete

I posed the same question to my new girlfriend having just ruined mine cleaning paintbrushes. Apparently they keep the washing up water hotter for longer, which despite my scepticism I have begun to notice.

Yeah but there's less room for the dishes so the washing up takes longer and the water cooler

And they're stupid (you can take your pick here)

UTT

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:55 - Dec 18 with 5041 viewsLord_Lucan

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:49 - Dec 18 by Footballpete

Mmm. Can I suggest you counter that half logical advice with “Why not make the sink a bit smaller with a plastic membrane”

She what she has to say about that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:56 - Dec 18 with 5038 viewsDubtractor

I finally persuaded Mrs Dubbers to discard our bowl about a year ago.

I rank it among my greater achievements in life.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:01 - Dec 18 with 5017 viewsLord_Lucan

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:56 - Dec 18 by Dubtractor

I finally persuaded Mrs Dubbers to discard our bowl about a year ago.

I rank it among my greater achievements in life.

Good for you Dub. The more I think about it in confirms my belief that women are a little bit simple.

This might be the time to tell my joke that my kids are thoroughly bored with after all these years.

Me to kids, “I filled the dishwasher up last night - or make love as she likes to call it”

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:11 - Dec 18 with 4997 viewsFootballpete

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 21:53 - Dec 18 by slump

Yeah but there's less room for the dishes so the washing up takes longer and the water cooler

And they're stupid (you can take your pick here)

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I ruined mine and it's gone. They're rubbish, almost as annoying as those odd glass chopping board things that have no function but you have to wipe clean along with the surface underneath it. Now what are they about??

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Login to get fewer ads

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:15 - Dec 18 with 4985 viewsBackToRussia

I will never have a bowl. It's one of those fundamental opinions for me.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:22 - Dec 18 with 4965 viewsFtnfwest

You can rinse plates and stuff without messing up the washing up water. If you want to strain veggies or whatever at the same time you can lift the bowl out and back 8n again afterwards.
I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:35 - Dec 18 with 4933 viewsslump

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:11 - Dec 18 by Footballpete

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I ruined mine and it's gone. They're rubbish, almost as annoying as those odd glass chopping board things that have no function but you have to wipe clean along with the surface underneath it. Now what are they about??

Great bit of kit for blunting a knife

UTT

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:49 - Dec 18 with 4908 viewsMelford

I finished that a couple of weeks ago. I got it last year, only just got round to reading it.

I'm not a woman but I have a washing-up bowl. I stick all the dirty stuff in it until there's a bowl full to wash up. I can lift it all out when I need to drain pasta or rice in the sink.

And if you are really lazy (stoned) or bladderated and your bog is upstairs next to your bedroom and your mrs is asleep and you know if she sees you in this state you're going to be in trouble and it best not risking going upstairs and making a racket, you can lift the bowl up and piss in the kitchen sink without it going all over the dishes.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:54 - Dec 18 with 4902 viewsBlueinBrum

I'm a bit of a germaphobe and tend to wash up under a running tap because I don't like the idea of reusing water. That's a bit weird isn't it?

Not a plastic bowl in sight though, in my defence.
I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:57 - Dec 18 with 4893 viewsLord_Lucan

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:49 - Dec 18 by Melford

I finished that a couple of weeks ago. I got it last year, only just got round to reading it.

I'm not a woman but I have a washing-up bowl. I stick all the dirty stuff in it until there's a bowl full to wash up. I can lift it all out when I need to drain pasta or rice in the sink.

And if you are really lazy (stoned) or bladderated and your bog is upstairs next to your bedroom and your mrs is asleep and you know if she sees you in this state you're going to be in trouble and it best not risking going upstairs and making a racket, you can lift the bowl up and piss in the kitchen sink without it going all over the dishes.

I fully appreciate your last paragraph but do you not have a downstairs tradesman toilet for drug pissing? Failing that you must have an outside.

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:57 - Dec 18 with 4886 viewsColin_Viljoen

I see the brainwashing is working, women are good at getting men to "see it their way"
I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 23:14 - Dec 18 with 4863 viewsMelford

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:57 - Dec 18 by Lord_Lucan

I fully appreciate your last paragraph but do you not have a downstairs tradesman toilet for drug pissing? Failing that you must have an outside.

That place I was living in had no downstairs bog and the back door was a bastard to open without making a noise. I even tried pissing through the front door letterbox once but the inside flap came down a bit quick and nearly guillotined my chopper.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

on 23:22 - Dec 18 with 4840 views_

on 21:42 - Dec 18 by _

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 23:46 - Dec 18 with 4810 viewsBlueBadger

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 23:14 - Dec 18 by Melford

That place I was living in had no downstairs bog and the back door was a bastard to open without making a noise. I even tried pissing through the front door letterbox once but the inside flap came down a bit quick and nearly guillotined my chopper.

A late contender for post of the year, here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 23:58 - Dec 18 with 4802 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:22 - Dec 18 by Ftnfwest

You can rinse plates and stuff without messing up the washing up water. If you want to strain veggies or whatever at the same time you can lift the bowl out and back 8n again afterwards.

Exactly. And if you get caught short you can wazz down the side and not into your washing up.

I thought everyone knew this stuff

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 00:11 - Dec 19 with 4787 viewsIllinoisblue

yanks don't do washing up bowls. Any food dregs straight down the waste disposal, plates and bowls straight into the dishwasher.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 06:54 - Dec 19 with 4649 viewsFtnfwest

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 23:58 - Dec 18 by Swansea_Blue

Exactly. And if you get caught short you can wazz down the side and not into your washing up.

I thought everyone knew this stuff

And there’s still enough room to squat etc....
I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 07:38 - Dec 19 with 4599 viewsBinner

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 22:49 - Dec 18 by Melford

Is it humanly possible having read something to then unread it and not know it was ever written?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 07:54 - Dec 19 with 4586 viewsGlasgowBlue

I can answer that as we had a kitchen redurb last month which left us with one sink in the utility room for two weeks and no dishwasher.

It’s so you can pour the dregs out of your tea cups or cereal bowlsdown the sink before putting it in the bowl to wash. If you didn’t have a bowl you’d hsve to open the bs k door and throw it out into the garden.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 8:53]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 08:40 - Dec 19 with 4522 viewsNewcyBlue

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 07:54 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

I can answer that as we had a kitchen redurb last month which left us with one sink in the utility room for two weeks and no dishwasher.

It’s so you can pour the dregs out of your tea cups or cereal bowlsdown the sink before putting it in the bowl to wash. If you didn’t have a bowl you’d hsve to open the bs k door and throw it out into the garden.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 8:53]

Our dishwasher went wrong the other week.

That’s Induction Hob, Tumble Dryer, and Dishwasher. I managed to fix the dishwasher by taking it apart, removing the anti flooding device, drying the bottom of the dishwasher out, and refitting the anti flooding device.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I’m just reading Partridge’s book Nomad and he has posed a question that I h on 09:14 - Dec 19 with 4485 viewschicoazul

on 21:42 - Dec 18 by _

The bit where he talks about scratching his arse is probably the funniest thing I have ever read.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024