Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowley Or Gerrard? 11:11 - Apr 23 with 5647 viewssuffolkpoker

If you could only pick one.

Cowley, i just fear of getting a young version of MM and have another 3 or 4 of dross football being served up

Gerrard for me, i know we haven't had the nest results with 'good players', but he may be the double six of the dice we need..

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:13 - Apr 23 with 5634 viewsDubtractor

Gerrard over Cowley without a doubt.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:18 - Apr 23 with 5618 viewsKieran_Knows

Gerrard.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:27 - Apr 23 with 5601 viewsCurrie10

Cowley all day long.

Remind me how Gerrard has done for other clubs? Oh that's right, he hasn't done the job before.

Instead of ' jobs for the boys ' I'd rather appoint someone who has achieved something in the game before.

That's not to say Gerrard couldn't do a good job - perhaps he would be the double 6. Or perhaps he'd be double 1.

Gerrard I guess would have a lot of contacts etc. Be interested to see how he'd get on elsewhere first.
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:32 - Apr 23 with 5584 viewsHerbivore

Gerrard. You know what you get with the Cowleys and I don't want what they offer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:35 - Apr 23 with 5581 viewsBlueBadger

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:27 - Apr 23 by Currie10

Cowley all day long.

Remind me how Gerrard has done for other clubs? Oh that's right, he hasn't done the job before.

Instead of ' jobs for the boys ' I'd rather appoint someone who has achieved something in the game before.

That's not to say Gerrard couldn't do a good job - perhaps he would be the double 6. Or perhaps he'd be double 1.

Gerrard I guess would have a lot of contacts etc. Be interested to see how he'd get on elsewhere first.

Why would Gerrard have a 'lot of contacts? Bar a year in the states he's only ever played and coached at Liverpool.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:04 - Apr 23 with 5539 viewsPJH

Difficult one.

Only one of them would involve the club changing it's name again though.
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:14 - Apr 23 with 5509 viewsfactual_blue

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:27 - Apr 23 by Currie10

Cowley all day long.

It's a good job then that Bobby Robson was a tried and tested manager when Town appointed him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:22 - Apr 23 with 5478 viewsBrixtonBlue

i think Gerrard with an older, safer, more experienced manager backing him up could work.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:23 - Apr 23 with 5477 viewsSaigonTractor

I don't want another Roy Keane-esque media circus coming to Town for the next few seasons. We'd be "Steven Gerrard's Ipswich". I also don't want to be Gerrard's first management job. We saw how Neville did at Valencia. Just because he talks sense doesn't make him a good manager.

If I had to pick it'd be Cowley, but I'm not hugely keen on either.
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:25 - Apr 23 with 5467 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Warburton

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 17:25 - Apr 23 with 5310 viewsIncublue

Gerrard - just think of the players he'll be able to attract. Young players at Liverpool. Could still play in this league too!
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 18:23 - Apr 23 with 5238 viewsbenno1uk

Cowley. He’s a winning manager. Not a famous ex player.
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 18:39 - Apr 23 with 5215 viewsCurrie10

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:14 - Apr 23 by factual_blue

It's a good job then that Bobby Robson was a tried and tested manager when Town appointed him.

Still done a job before us though hadn't he................

Gerrard of course could be fantastic and the answer I guess is no one will know what he's like until he's given a go.

I'd be amazed if a novice manager were to want to come to us though.

Yes, they'd get time from the board. The fans were VERY patient with Keane 09/10 when many would have been desperate for him to go.

However, backing. Needing to change a bucket load of players, likely to be little back = chances of success first time around being high? Very slim.

One horrific job on debut may make it incredibly difficult to get another job at this level.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 18:40]
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 19:05 - Apr 23 with 5172 viewsmanchego

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:22 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

i think Gerrard with an older, safer, more experienced manager backing him up could work.

You mean get a proper manager and let SG hang around a bit.
I wouldn't object to that.
To give SG the actual job would be a lottery. One we can't afford to lose.
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 21:47 - Apr 23 with 5080 viewsKesgrave_Exile

Cowley is relocating his family from Chelmsford to Lincoln so I assume he is not going anywhere. He has already turned down two jobs for next season as well.
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 21:58 - Apr 23 with 5054 viewsBlueBadger

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 19:05 - Apr 23 by manchego

You mean get a proper manager and let SG hang around a bit.
I wouldn't object to that.
To give SG the actual job would be a lottery. One we can't afford to lose.

We totally should have done that with Keane. Let him handle the pressers and sign autographs whilst a proper manager does the real work.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 10:45 - Apr 24 with 4916 viewsbenno1uk

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:22 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

What’s the point of that? Have an older experienced manager doing the work and Gerrard doing what exactly? ME isn’t going to pay £1m a year for a glamorous poster boy.
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:48 - Apr 24 with 4885 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 10:45 - Apr 24 by benno1uk

What’s the point of that? Have an older experienced manager doing the work and Gerrard doing what exactly? ME isn’t going to pay £1m a year for a glamorous poster boy.

Literally EVERYONE has an assistant.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:14 - Apr 24 with 4858 viewsmanchego

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:48 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Literally EVERYONE has an assistant.

Like Robson had Mourinho at barca.
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 15:55 - Apr 24 with 4805 viewsbenno1uk

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 12:14 - Apr 24 by manchego

Like Robson had Mourinho at barca.

Wasn’t Mourinho his translator? I guess Stevie G would need one of those!
Cowley Or Gerrard? on 16:02 - Apr 24 with 4791 viewsDarth_Koont

Gerrard.

We're looking to raise our players to the next level. No offence to the Cowleys but they're not exactly au fait with the one or two levels below where we currently are.

I'd add that Gerrard should come with a wise old head to help him out. Either as a second-in-command or Director of Football. Unrealistic to parachute him from a purely coaching setup into the gaping chasm between the academy management and the off-field world of Evans and Milne.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 16:02]

Pronouns: He/Him

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 16:07 - Apr 24 with 4779 viewsSpruceMoose

Cowley Or Gerrard? on 11:32 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

Gerrard. You know what you get with the Cowleys and I don't want what they offer.

You mean you've had enough of hearing cries of 'Get it long!' and 'Punt it!' from the dug out?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 16:08]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024