Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland 14:45 - May 23 with 7829 viewsBobbychase

It's an utter, utter sh*thole, Off the scale rough and grim.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 14:47 - May 23 with 4637 viewsSpruceMoose

The countryside around however is some of the nicest in England.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 14:50 - May 23 with 4623 viewsfabian_illness

Nicer than Glasgow maybe...
People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:20 - May 23 with 4566 viewsIllinoisblue

like, Chantry grim?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:21 - May 23 with 4556 viewsjpring89

Will suit a Scott then.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:21 - May 23 with 4552 viewsSpruceMoose

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:20 - May 23 by Illinoisblue

like, Chantry grim?

Get the fook out you ingrate. If you're not Chantry, you're not Ipswich.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:23 - May 23 with 4542 viewsclive_baker

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:21 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

Get the fook out you ingrate. If you're not Chantry, you're not Ipswich.

Not sure why Chantry has such a bad rep. Well I do, it's an absolute dive but Ipswich has worse areas IMO that seem to get away a lot lighter than Chantry.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:23 - May 23 with 4532 views12th_Man

And ipswich isn't 🤔

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:24 - May 23 with 4526 viewsSpruceMoose

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:23 - May 23 by clive_baker

Not sure why Chantry has such a bad rep. Well I do, it's an absolute dive but Ipswich has worse areas IMO that seem to get away a lot lighter than Chantry.

Easier for divs to spell than 'Whitton' or 'Maidenhall' I expect.

Login to get fewer ads

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:24 - May 23 with 4521 viewsIllinoisblue

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:23 - May 23 by clive_baker

it's a good point; by any measure, Nacton is worse

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:26 - May 23 with 4505 viewsSpruceMoose

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:23 - May 23 by 12th_Man

And ipswich isn't 🤔

If you think Ipswich is any of those things then you've probably never left Ipswich. Take a trip to literally any similarly sized town. Ipswich stands up well to most.

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:28 - May 23 with 4489 viewsclive_baker

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:23 - May 23 by 12th_Man

And ipswich isn't 🤔

Ipswich is alright. Don't get me wrong, there are nicer Towns out there but there a lot worse too, trust me.

Good people generally speaking, look out for each other. Nice communities. Maybe if people took a bit more pride in their town it would be even better.

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:30 - May 23 with 4476 viewsOxford_Blue

And Ipswich is such a great place of course - a cultural mechha, with a leading university; great shops and restaurants; myriad theatres and galleries which draw thousands from around the world each year; gloruous architecture in such plaves as Nacton and Whitton; and hubdreds of bright graduates who flock to the town for careers.

Glass houses and stones comes to mind.
People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:30 - May 23 with 4474 viewsimsureazzure

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:26 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

If you think Ipswich is any of those things then you've probably never left Ipswich. Take a trip to literally any similarly sized town. Ipswich stands up well to most.

And we have won the top division.
People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:33 - May 23 with 4452 viewsclive_baker

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:30 - May 23 by Oxford_Blue

And Ipswich is such a great place of course - a cultural mechha, with a leading university; great shops and restaurants; myriad theatres and galleries which draw thousands from around the world each year; gloruous architecture in such plaves as Nacton and Whitton; and hubdreds of bright graduates who flock to the town for careers.

Not everyone wants 'thousands from around the world each year' and 'hubdreds of bright graduates who flock to the town for careers' inflating house prices in their town to exorbitant levels.

Oxford is nice to visit for an afternoon but you can get fcked if you think I would want to live there. It might turn me into a bit of a pretentious sounding c0ck.

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:34 - May 23 with 4430 viewsSpruceMoose

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:33 - May 23 by clive_baker

Not everyone wants 'thousands from around the world each year' and 'hubdreds of bright graduates who flock to the town for careers' inflating house prices in their town to exorbitant levels.

Oxford is nice to visit for an afternoon but you can get fcked if you think I would want to live there. It might turn me into a bit of a pretentious sounding c0ck.

Everyone knows it's just the poor man's Cambridge anyway. It's not even as nice as the OTHER Cambridge in Massachusetts.

It's a traffic clogged hell hole. Hawking was right about that place.

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:38 - May 23 with 4403 viewsblueislander

Whereas Paisley is like The Garden of Eden.
People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:47 - May 23 with 4360 viewsGeoffSentence

As grim council estates go, Chantry really isn't very grim.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:51 - May 23 with 4329 viewsSpruceMoose

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:47 - May 23 by GeoffSentence

As grim council estates go, Chantry really isn't very grim.

It doesn't even have a terrifying pub that only psychos go in.

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:51 - May 23 with 4320 views12th_Man

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:26 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

I live in ipswich and I've seen other towns and ipswich is still a sh1thole

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:53 - May 23 with 4314 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

I was travelling through their once and my son was car sick as soon as we entered. Coincidence, I think not.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:53 - May 23 with 4310 viewsSpruceMoose

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:51 - May 23 by 12th_Man

I don't think Felixstowe and Hadleigh count as 'seeing other towns'.

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:56 - May 23 with 4299 viewsconnorscontract

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:30 - May 23 by Oxford_Blue

If you are going to sneer at Ipswich from Oxford's dreaming spires then your case would be strengthened with the correct spellings of:

Mecca
glorious
hundreds
People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 16:05 - May 23 with 4257 viewsclive_baker

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:56 - May 23 by connorscontract

If you are going to sneer at Ipswich from Oxford's dreaming spires then your case would be strengthened with the correct spellings of:

Mecca
glorious
hundreds

Guess he never attended that leading University!

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 16:08 - May 23 with 4233 viewsBryanPlug

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:51 - May 23 by 12th_Man

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 16:26 - May 23 with 4189 viewsSlambo

People are forgetting one important detail about Sunderland on 15:28 - May 23 by clive_baker

Ipswich is alright. Don't get me wrong, there are nicer Towns out there but there a lot worse too, trust me.

Good people generally speaking, look out for each other. Nice communities. Maybe if people took a bit more pride in their town it would be even better.

I consider myself a pretty easy going, don't-take-myself-too-seriously kinda bloke, but one thing i'm utterly humourless about is when people instinctively slag Ipswich off. It's no Venice, but is a decent place to call home - with a few additions/adjustments here and there it could be one of the nicest in England. I find it hard to articulate, but I feel if people talked (and thought) positively about Ipswich - rather than dwell on the few things it lacks - it would generate a bit more of a buzz about the place and thus further stimulate development and improvement...

I also balk a bit when people slag off other cities and towns on here. Those are people's homes, y'know. The OP's comment on Sunderland was a bit harsh and unnecessary in my opinion...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024