Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... 17:21 - May 24 with 4854 viewsBLUEBEAT

“When I arrived, I was really struggling with my injury. The work I was able to do and the help I received was fantastic.

“I’m now fully confident in my ability to make a full recovery from this injury. I have also been given tools that will help me sustain this progress long-term so I am really pleased with how it all went.”

––––

Out for pretty much the full season and now he goes to the magic fixing place?

I do wonder how the club’s injury list will increase/decrease with Liddell gone...

[Post edited 24 May 2018 17:30]

Poll: W or W

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 17:24 - May 24 with 4804 viewsclive_baker

You are aware that Andy Liddell is a fitness coach? Vastly different skill set and responsibilities to a club doctor and physio. I would be surprised if any professional opinion could substantiate that Adeyemi's injury is a result of sub standard physical fitness.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 17:29 - May 24 with 4753 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 17:24 - May 24 by clive_baker

You are aware that Andy Liddell is a fitness coach? Vastly different skill set and responsibilities to a club doctor and physio. I would be surprised if any professional opinion could substantiate that Adeyemi's injury is a result of sub standard physical fitness.

Yes but he does every other thing at the club too, like booking friendlies.

Adeyemi kept breaking down during Liddell’s sessions, btw.

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 19:53 - May 24 with 4415 viewsPhilTWTD

By 'arrived' I think he means arrived in Qatar rather than at Town!
Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:09 - May 24 with 4309 viewsNo9

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 17:24 - May 24 by clive_baker

BUT- have a look at his playing record; certainly points to a lot of injury time out of the game
Huw's isn't that much better
Why has it taken this long (again) to deal with injuries?
Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:15 - May 24 with 4265 viewschicoazul

Would love them to be fit, I struggle to think of 3 players we could buy now who would be as good as these guys.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 20:15]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:19 - May 24 with 4225 viewsBrixtonBlue

I like the idea of the Magic Fixing Place. They should call it that!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:28 - May 24 with 4154 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 19:53 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

By 'arrived' I think he means arrived in Qatar rather than at Town!

Yes but why did it take him so long to get booked in there if he’s been struggling here?

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:29 - May 24 with 4138 viewsLeoMuff

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:09 - May 24 by No9

BUT- have a look at his playing record; certainly points to a lot of injury time out of the game
Huw's isn't that much better
Why has it taken this long (again) to deal with injuries?

because to try and be competitive on a tiny budget we had to take risks on players that could be top level championship if fit, reason we get them for £200k is their patchy injury record. If they were consistently playing to their potential for season after season we couldn’t afford them.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:31 - May 24 with 4120 viewsbefxblue

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:28 - May 24 by BLUEBEAT

Yes but why did it take him so long to get booked in there if he’s been struggling here?

He has been waiting for Darren Andertons bed.
Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:47 - May 24 with 4041 viewschicoazul

Only a guess but if I ran that centre you bet I would gouge a premium from English Championship clubs if they sent players over during the season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 06:33 - May 25 with 3519 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Because it has just appeared by MAGIC!

and if it had MG would have been a permanent fixture and used up all our budget.
Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 06:36 - May 25 with 3511 viewsBurwell_Blue

Same reason that Teddy shelled out £25k of his own cash to be treated?
Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 08:51 - May 25 with 3298 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 06:36 - May 25 by Burwell_Blue

I’m surprised to read that.

You’d think responsibilities for such things would fall in the lap of the employer and be covered in contracts.

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 08:54 - May 25 with 3273 viewsartsbossbeard

Interesting, isn't it?

Huws' comment seem to suggest that there's not this type of facility available in the UK, so it looks like Bish took matters into his own hands to get his career back on track. Hence my question on the other thread as to whether the other 3 players visits where self or club funded.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 09:06 - May 25 with 3220 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 08:51 - May 25 by BLUEBEAT

I’m surprised to read that.

You’d think responsibilities for such things would fall in the lap of the employer and be covered in contracts.

Especially as it would be cheaper overall. How much have we spend on Teddy's wages and replacements for him while he's been out injured for much of the last couple of years. A lot more than £25k I'd imagine.

Seems a bit of strange way of doing things when the physical condition of your players is number 1 priority.

I wonder if it's standard practice for players having to take matters into their own hands? No idea what happens at other clubs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 09:10 - May 25 with 3201 viewsSuperblue95

Crazy to think that a young footballer playing for a middling cash strapped championship and has hardly played a match for 3 years has a spare 25K lying about

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 09:26 - May 25 with 3161 viewsconnorscontract

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 09:06 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Especially as it would be cheaper overall. How much have we spend on Teddy's wages and replacements for him while he's been out injured for much of the last couple of years. A lot more than £25k I'd imagine.

Seems a bit of strange way of doing things when the physical condition of your players is number 1 priority.

I wonder if it's standard practice for players having to take matters into their own hands? No idea what happens at other clubs.

Not quite the same thing, but Mings used to pay himself to go to Michael Johnson's sprint camps during off-season.
Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 09:35 - May 25 with 3128 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 08:54 - May 25 by artsbossbeard

Interesting, isn't it?

Huws' comment seem to suggest that there's not this type of facility available in the UK, so it looks like Bish took matters into his own hands to get his career back on track. Hence my question on the other thread as to whether the other 3 players visits where self or club funded.

England will pay for a big chunk of Dozzell's, potentially FAW with Huws too.

Doz spent a lot of time up at SGP, from what I've heard we just have to supply the physio who goes up full time with him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 09:38 - May 25 with 3112 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 09:26 - May 25 by connorscontract

Not quite the same thing, but Mings used to pay himself to go to Michael Johnson's sprint camps during off-season.

That's more personal development though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 10:55 - May 25 with 3008 viewsNo9

Tom Adeyemi’s rehab comments... on 20:29 - May 24 by LeoMuff

because to try and be competitive on a tiny budget we had to take risks on players that could be top level championship if fit, reason we get them for £200k is their patchy injury record. If they were consistently playing to their potential for season after season we couldn’t afford them.

But bringing in players who have a questionable fitness record only adds to the risk doesn't it?
You have a wage bill (unless the insurers pay) that is not comensurate with playing time e.g expensive relative to peprfomers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024