Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where has this come from? 14:27 - Aug 8 with 3602 viewsJackADP

R.E 13:19

Swansea City are understood to be facing competition from Championship rivals Ipswich Town for Welsh international Declan John.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/45005396
Where has this come from? on 14:35 - Aug 8 with 3440 viewsfloridaboy

Cant see anything in it surely. Hurst is putting together a rather large squad. If anything too large. Needs to ship a few out, especially the younger ones who will need to play so a loan would suit them.

Surely this puts questions marks over the future of Bishop, Ademayi?, even Huws.

Its safe to assume Dozzell and Downes will be squad players but not sure about Nydam, Folami, Cotter. Would keep Morris and Woolfenden here though
Where has this come from? on 14:37 - Aug 8 with 3375 viewsstewartm

Where has this come from? on 14:35 - Aug 8 by floridaboy

Cant see anything in it surely. Hurst is putting together a rather large squad. If anything too large. Needs to ship a few out, especially the younger ones who will need to play so a loan would suit them.

Surely this puts questions marks over the future of Bishop, Ademayi?, even Huws.

Its safe to assume Dozzell and Downes will be squad players but not sure about Nydam, Folami, Cotter. Would keep Morris and Woolfenden here though

I cant see Adeyemi playing again for Ipswich and IMO Downes is not good enough. If Huws and Bishop cannot come off the sick then surely their futures will be questioned!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Where has this come from? on 14:38 - Aug 8 with 3361 viewsSteve_M

Where has this come from? on 14:37 - Aug 8 by stewartm

I cant see Adeyemi playing again for Ipswich and IMO Downes is not good enough. If Huws and Bishop cannot come off the sick then surely their futures will be questioned!

On what basis do you make Downes not good enough?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Where has this come from? on 14:39 - Aug 8 with 3325 viewsJackADP

Don't get me wrong I'm loving the turnaround at PR and it's refreshing to see us investing, but I can't help but feel our midfield is becoming overrun now and we'll lose out on some potentially brilliant players.

Out of that list, Adeyemi is the only one who I wouldn't regret seeing leave the club - the rest all have the potential to be very very good.
Where has this come from? on 14:39 - Aug 8 with 3320 viewsitfcjoe

Think it is linked with Knudsen's future

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where has this come from? on 14:39 - Aug 8 with 3319 viewsstewartm

Where has this come from? on 14:38 - Aug 8 by Steve_M

Watching him Saturday and he was out of his depth, at best he needs to go out on loan but again comparing him against Chalobah or even the new signing Nolan lets be honest here?

Where has this come from? on 14:40 - Aug 8 with 3277 viewsxrayspecs

Where has this come from? on 14:39 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

Think it is linked with Knudsen's future

Would appear to be that way.
Where has this come from? on 14:42 - Aug 8 with 3240 viewsMrTown

Would fit the mould nicely if Knudsen were to leave.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Where has this come from? on 14:44 - Aug 8 with 3189 viewsGuthrum

Does keep up the Welsh connection.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where has this come from? on 14:45 - Aug 8 with 3187 viewsTrickster

Where has this come from? on 14:39 - Aug 8 by stewartm

Watching him Saturday and he was out of his depth, at best he needs to go out on loan but again comparing him against Chalobah or even the new signing Nolan lets be honest here?

Downes is absolute quality. The midfield was unbalanced at the weekend with 3 CDMs, in a more balanced midfield he would easily be good enough to compete for a spot in our starting line-up.

Poll: Who do you want to be appointed next Town manager?

Where has this come from? on 14:47 - Aug 8 with 3134 viewsstewartm

Where has this come from? on 14:45 - Aug 8 by Trickster

Downes is absolute quality. The midfield was unbalanced at the weekend with 3 CDMs, in a more balanced midfield he would easily be good enough to compete for a spot in our starting line-up.

Yes it was an unbalanced team but with Skuse Chalobah and other midfielders in the shouting I honestly can see Downes going out on loan again, you have made a fair point but I still think Downes not ready for this team as it stands.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 14:48]

Where has this come from? on 14:48 - Aug 8 with 3095 viewsTractorCam

I had 2 Blackburn fans individually picking him out as a great player

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Where has this come from? on 14:49 - Aug 8 with 3053 viewsstewartm

Where has this come from? on 14:48 - Aug 8 by TractorCam

I had 2 Blackburn fans individually picking him out as a great player

If I was a Blackburn fan I would probably say the same

Where has this come from? on 14:50 - Aug 8 with 3023 viewsSteve_M

A young player who made his first team debut a year ago who on Saturday was played further forward than he was used to. I think being out of position is why he looked poor as much as anything else. It's also one match after many promising ones last year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Where has this come from? on 14:52 - Aug 8 with 2972 viewsTrickster

Where has this come from? on 14:47 - Aug 8 by stewartm

Yes it was an unbalanced team but with Skuse Chalobah and other midfielders in the shouting I honestly can see Downes going out on loan again, you have made a fair point but I still think Downes not ready for this team as it stands.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 14:48]

PH's favoured formation of 4-1-4-1 and the 4-3-3 we played on Saturday all require 3 CM. With injuries (Adeymi, Huws, Bish) and rotation we'll need cover a CM. Downes will make a contribution, at least at the start of the season. He really bulked up while he was out on loan last season and I think he's physically ready for the step up to championship football.

Poll: Who do you want to be appointed next Town manager?

Where has this come from? on 15:14 - Aug 8 with 2829 viewsChiefXL

On the basis tjat
Where has this come from? on 15:15 - Aug 8 with 2815 viewsChiefXL

On the basis that someone has to replace Hyam for people to get on the backs of

Do keep up
Where has this come from? on 15:16 - Aug 8 with 2806 viewsclive_baker

If Knudsen goes I expect we'll want John. Would think it'll be 1 in, 1 out from here on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Where has this come from? on 15:21 - Aug 8 with 2754 viewsKieran_Knows

Where has this come from? on 15:16 - Aug 8 by clive_baker

If Knudsen goes I expect we'll want John. Would think it'll be 1 in, 1 out from here on.

I can see that going for Knudsen (John) and Garner (Windass), but would expect a centre back to come in regardless.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Where has this come from? on 15:36 - Aug 8 with 2666 viewschicoazul

Downes not good enough

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Where has this come from? on 15:41 - Aug 8 with 2638 viewsCurrie10

This is why we love football - game of opinions, and we all have a different one.

For what it's worth, Saturday I thought Downes was absolutely quality.

He's a water carrier alongside others of a similar ilk Saturday, and did everything expected of him. Gave it simple, created space, ran himself into the ground.

People waxing lyrical about Chalobah and him CLEARLY being good enough / Downes not - I don't get.

Decent debut but at fault for switching off on a set piece, absolutely nowhere near his man. Did the difficult well but when he had time on the ball made some very bad decisions and will get caught in possession vs a good side if he doesn't quickly adjust to championship football.

However, I'm very pleased to have him on loan and think he'll have a good season for us.

Quite a CM jigsaw though with Nolan arriving and perhaps the Rangers lad.

Assuming -
* Adeyemi = finished.
* Bishop = surely requires a loan before we can do anything?!
* Huws = hopefully back soon then surely part of plans.
* Nydam = if cannot make 18 surely needs a loan. Seems a shame.
* Dozzell = will be eased back however could he do with a loan!?
* Skuse = looked good Sat and still IMO should start.
* Downes = needs a more creative player in CM to get the best out of him.
* Chalobah = decent debut and I think will continue to improve.
* Nolan = hopefully can step up!

Only 3 can play though!
Where has this come from? on 15:52 - Aug 8 with 2607 viewsBluedanW

Even if we did try to sign him I couldn't see him choose Ipswich over Swansea.
Swansea only just coming down would surely seem the better option to a young player especially as wages would be more, plus only up the road from where his family are.
Where has this come from? on 16:45 - Aug 8 with 2526 viewseddiespearitt03

Morris and Woolfy should be close to a team place as they are both good players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024