Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword 17:33 - Oct 5 with 2612 viewsMullet

That is a disgusting and shambolic state of affairs. They barely existed when I was a kid. Even ten years ago they were no different to say Rotherham are now.

Just look what has happened since then.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 17:40 - Oct 5 with 2569 viewsbrogansnose

Hmm, s'nuffin.

Next season Peterboro' will in very possibly be in a league above us.
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 17:42 - Oct 5 with 2563 viewsFtnfwest

and Lincoln
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 17:46 - Oct 5 with 2548 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 17:40 - Oct 5 by brogansnose

Hmm, s'nuffin.

As things stand Accrington Stanley could be in league above us next season too.
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 17:48 - Oct 5 with 2537 viewsgiant_stow

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 17:46 - Oct 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Maybe Rotherham too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 18:06 - Oct 5 with 2480 viewsbrogansnose

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 17:46 - Oct 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Thing is Mach, technically Peterboro' are East Anglian.
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 18:22 - Oct 5 with 2435 viewsMullet

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 17:40 - Oct 5 by brogansnose

Hmm, s'nuffin.

Christ mate. That's an argument for downing a bottle of JD and resurfacing when we're good again.

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 18:49 - Oct 5 with 2382 viewsSwansea_Blue

They had a cracking side in the early 80s. I think it's purely down to our position - had you asked most Swans fans round here at the start of the season they were expecting to struggle.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/alan-curtis-swansea-city-witch-ipswich-town

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 18:50 - Oct 5 with 2376 viewsBenters2

Hmm, s'nuffin.

Jeez!
Login to get fewer ads

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 18:52 - Oct 5 with 2371 viewsbrogansnose

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 18:22 - Oct 5 by Mullet

Christ mate. That's an argument for downing a bottle of JD and resurfacing when we're good again.

I find it incomprehensible that this should happen in any universe, parallel or not, and sad and depressing at the same time. WTF is happening to the World ?

Gin helps and re-runs of Porridge.
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:01 - Oct 5 with 2329 viewsMullet

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 18:52 - Oct 5 by brogansnose

I find it incomprehensible that this should happen in any universe, parallel or not, and sad and depressing at the same time. WTF is happening to the World ?

Gin helps and re-runs of Porridge.

Gin is vile stuff. My dear old nan loved the stuff.

However, it seems to be fuel for hipsters and lunatic divorcees now. A mate makes all kinds of flavoured gins and potions. He gave me a bottle flavoured like Love Hearts or something. It remains uncorked.

I'm going to treat Snr to a stroll down Asda's beer aisle. That'll help.

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:04 - Oct 5 with 2313 viewsstig4532

Prediction for tomorrow..

We're the Tractor foals, gonna score no goals, ole ole....!
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:11 - Oct 5 with 2297 viewsSteve_M

It reflects the number of utterly piss-poor decisions this club has made since the Summer of 2001. In that time, about the only two that have been right were appointing Royle and McCarthy, actually appointing Magilton as well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:12 - Oct 5 with 2291 viewsbrogansnose

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:01 - Oct 5 by Mullet

Gin is vile stuff. My dear old nan loved the stuff.

However, it seems to be fuel for hipsters and lunatic divorcees now. A mate makes all kinds of flavoured gins and potions. He gave me a bottle flavoured like Love Hearts or something. It remains uncorked.

I'm going to treat Snr to a stroll down Asda's beer aisle. That'll help.

Actually, I will spend part of the weekend making Sloe Gin which as well as being extremely tasteful, gets me very fall downy.

£96 for me to get to Swansea. This hipster is staying at home.
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:16 - Oct 5 with 2263 viewsMullet

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:12 - Oct 5 by brogansnose

Actually, I will spend part of the weekend making Sloe Gin which as well as being extremely tasteful, gets me very fall downy.

£96 for me to get to Swansea. This hipster is staying at home.

Ha! I think that's the very reason I don't like it. Leg kryptonite innit.

I'm only going to tick it off the list predominantly now. Start of the season I was all optimistic about it being somewhere we'd have a good game.

Will never top Cardiff for the moment a few TWTDers all walked round a corner to hear the words "There's been a murder" and see white suits milling about in the houses approaching the ground.

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:25 - Oct 5 with 2222 viewsbrogansnose

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:16 - Oct 5 by Mullet

I'm only going to tick it off the list predominantly now. Start of the season I was all optimistic about it being somewhere we'd have a good game.

Will never top Cardiff for the moment a few TWTDers all walked round a corner to hear the words "There's been a murder" and see white suits milling about in the houses approaching the ground.

I'm expecting Manic Street Preachers references in the report.

Anyway, say hello to Snr for me.
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:33 - Oct 5 with 2201 viewsSteve_M

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 19:16 - Oct 5 by Mullet

It was certainly more of a highlight than the match, memorable only for their crap gangling central defender being left unmarked to score a free header. Oh and the pub was good.

Enjoy tomorrow, can't believe Birmingham was only a week ago. Feels like about three given how this season is going.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 22:51 - Oct 5 with 1966 viewsJohnny_Boy

Are you filing them with your hatred of Brighton too?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 22:53]
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 23:30 - Oct 5 with 1891 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 18:49 - Oct 5 by Swansea_Blue

They had a cracking side in the early 80s. I think it's purely down to our position - had you asked most Swans fans round here at the start of the season they were expecting to struggle.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/alan-curtis-swansea-city-witch-ipswich-town

I remember Swansea beating Town 3-1 at Portman Road in 1981. They were top for a bit and finished 6th.

We beat them 2-1 at the Vetch Field on a Saturday afternoon. Think Alan Brazil (or might have been Eric Gates) scored an 88th minute winner. The game was delayed for some reason I can't remember.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 23:39 - Oct 5 with 1874 viewsGarv

Easy to say. Fair play to them. Just so happens they've had their best spell while we've had a particularly bad one.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 23:40 - Oct 5 with 1869 viewsgtsb

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 23:30 - Oct 5 by The_Last_Baron

I remember Swansea beating Town 3-1 at Portman Road in 1981. They were top for a bit and finished 6th.

We beat them 2-1 at the Vetch Field on a Saturday afternoon. Think Alan Brazil (or might have been Eric Gates) scored an 88th minute winner. The game was delayed for some reason I can't remember.

The game was delayed because of one of our supporters buses was involved in a crash. A couple of my mates were on that bus involved. One is adamant that if he hadn't got up and walked a few yards from the back seat he was in he wouldn't be around today. I think it was a lorry that smashed into the back of the coach.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 23:48]
Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 23:43 - Oct 5 with 1862 viewsCoastalblue

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 23:30 - Oct 5 by The_Last_Baron

Wasn't Toshack manager? and signed a load of ex Liverpool players?

Either way, we have no right to be above anybody, make the wrong decisions and pay the price, we will be back though, just not sure when.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Clubs like Swansea regarding us as whipping boys to be put to the sword on 23:44 - Oct 5 with 1857 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Hmm, s'nuffin.

Doncaster could possibly be playing higher level football than Ipswich Town.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024