Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... 17:45 - Oct 9 with 3885 viewsbackwaywhen

Hong Kong based business consortium, why can’t Evans sort out a deal for us and cut his losses !
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 17:50 - Oct 9 with 3864 viewsGeoffSentence

Because he wants more than £22M?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 17:51 - Oct 9 with 3866 viewsSimonds92

Recent Premier League team and recent FA cup winners you mean? Who probably have very little debt compared to ourselves (I've not bothered to look at this moment in time). Much more attractive than a stagnant club that may well be relegated this season.
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:00 - Oct 9 with 3833 viewsJ2BLUE

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 17:51 - Oct 9 by Simonds92

Recent Premier League team and recent FA cup winners you mean? Who probably have very little debt compared to ourselves (I've not bothered to look at this moment in time). Much more attractive than a stagnant club that may well be relegated this season.

Any takeover would have to involve debt being written off. If finances were similar we have way more upside than Wigan. We're stagnant and uncompetitive because of lack of investment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:04 - Oct 9 with 3813 viewsSimonds92

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:00 - Oct 9 by J2BLUE

Any takeover would have to involve debt being written off. If finances were similar we have way more upside than Wigan. We're stagnant and uncompetitive because of lack of investment.

Someone had ought to tell the businessmen that keep investing in numerous teams that aren't us then. Our attendances must now be on a par with Wigans!
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:23 - Oct 9 with 3751 viewsJ2BLUE

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:04 - Oct 9 by Simonds92

Someone had ought to tell the businessmen that keep investing in numerous teams that aren't us then. Our attendances must now be on a par with Wigans!

You're comparing them at a relatively high point and us at our lowest for decades. Hardly a reflection of potential. We've been far higher than this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:27 - Oct 9 with 3736 viewsIllinoisblue

attractive in some ways, yes. but not in terms of potential. Wigan will always be a rugby town.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:49 - Oct 9 with 3681 viewsm14_blue

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:27 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

attractive in some ways, yes. but not in terms of potential. Wigan will always be a rugby town.

And are in an area absolutely saturated with much bigger clubs.

Wigan have achieved remarkable things recently but can't see them ever being a 'big' club or even reinventing themselves like a Brighton or Bournemouth.
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 19:14 - Oct 9 with 3595 viewsIllinoisblue

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:49 - Oct 9 by m14_blue

And are in an area absolutely saturated with much bigger clubs.

Wigan have achieved remarkable things recently but can't see them ever being a 'big' club or even reinventing themselves like a Brighton or Bournemouth.

that's a good point; they likely have had their peak years. I thought Bournemouth might have increased the size of their poxy stadium by now, or built a new one. Maybe they're being cautious and not rushing it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 19:41 - Oct 9 with 3529 viewsbournemouthblue

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 19:14 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

that's a good point; they likely have had their peak years. I thought Bournemouth might have increased the size of their poxy stadium by now, or built a new one. Maybe they're being cautious and not rushing it.

They have a little bit but probably around 20k is what they need currently

I think they'd need to be in the Prem for a decade or more to really develop that fanbase to a 30k sized club

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 19:50 - Oct 9 with 3494 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hong Kong based business consortium?!

Sounds fool proof. Not.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 20:19 - Oct 9 with 3421 viewsm14_blue

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 19:14 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

I think they have one in the pipeline.

Might be wrong about that though and no idea of proposed size etc
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 22:01 - Oct 9 with 3269 viewsClapham_Junction

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 19:50 - Oct 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hong Kong based business consortium?!

Sounds fool proof. Not.

Yeah, I really don't get why people are so keen for us to be taken over by someone who will splurge a lot of cash (often acquired in rather dubious fashion), especially someone who has no link to the area or genuine interest in the club.

This sort of thing isn't what Town are about as far as I'm concerned.
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 01:58 - Oct 10 with 3092 viewsBlueBadger

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 22:01 - Oct 9 by Clapham_Junction

Yeah, I really don't get why people are so keen for us to be taken over by someone who will splurge a lot of cash (often acquired in rather dubious fashion), especially someone who has no link to the area or genuine interest in the club.

This sort of thing isn't what Town are about as far as I'm concerned.

They'll probably employ a manager who is Very Famous as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 06:19 - Oct 10 with 3040 viewsEly_Blue

Maybe Evans doesn’t want to sell the club!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 12:15 - Oct 10 with 2873 viewsSwansea_Blue

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 18:00 - Oct 9 by J2BLUE

This is exactly why the debt does matter, despite many on here arguing for years that it doesn't. We may be able to carry it while ME is the owner, but it will end up coming into play during any discussions to sell the club.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 12:21]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 13:32 - Oct 10 with 2771 viewsElephantintheRoom

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 12:15 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

This is exactly why the debt does matter, despite many on here arguing for years that it doesn't. We may be able to carry it while ME is the owner, but it will end up coming into play during any discussions to sell the club.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 12:21]

The debt can be a major selling point. Given the lack of substance to Town's accounts in recent years it seems unbelievably inept to lose so much money to achieve so little. Any genuine businessman will think they can do much better with very little effort. The main problem is geographical. Ipswich is a dead end in a remote part of the country. Realistically Cambridge Utd are now East Anglia's next biggest club - after Norwich. But again that hardly matters spectators are not even necessary any more in 'projects' whilst so much cash is swilling around with so little regulation. Town has very little going for it as a 'project' which is why Evans also sent his fax to Southampton, Forest, Coventry amongst others. Only one club was daft enough to bite.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 13:51 - Oct 10 with 2743 viewsNo9

Would Towns supportrs be happy with a Communist owner?
Or any F.E. Owner who may one day decide enough is enough?
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 14:01 - Oct 10 with 2716 viewsGeoffSentence

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 13:51 - Oct 10 by No9

Would Towns supportrs be happy with a Communist owner?
Or any F.E. Owner who may one day decide enough is enough?

How could a communist own the club and still be a communist?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 14:03 - Oct 10 with 2714 viewsNo9

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 14:01 - Oct 10 by GeoffSentence

How could a communist own the club and still be a communist?

If he is a Chinaman?
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 14:47 - Oct 10 with 2681 viewsBloomBlue

Precisely; in the Prem/FA CUP winners 5 years ago versus 15/40 and most foreign investors probably won't look beyond the last 10 years. Plus they have a new'ish ground which they probably own any investor will want to own the ground
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 17:07 - Oct 10 with 2628 viewsstevieg

The problem is our debt and the fact that we don’t own our ground either so that doesn’t make it very attractive does it
If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 17:12 - Oct 10 with 2620 viewsClapham_Junction

If little ol Wigan can be taken over by ......... on 17:07 - Oct 10 by stevieg

The problem is our debt and the fact that we don’t own our ground either so that doesn’t make it very attractive does it

The fact that we don't own the ground (or at least the land - we do own the stands) is probably a very good thing in terms of making us unattractive to the wrong kind of people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024