Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection 21:09 - Oct 20 with 4507 viewsoldollie

It always hurts after a humiliating home defeat that leaves you bottom of the league but now is not the time to be making rash decisions about the future of Hurst

I was a Mick remainer at the end of last season and got slaughtered for having that view. Hind sight is a wonderful thing but Mick would not be at the bottom of the league

Everyone needs to relax, let Hurst sort out the current issues, give him the January transfer window and all will be fine

Or to put it more bluntly, grow a pair
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:23 - Oct 20 with 3809 viewsGuthrum

It's not like we've suddenly arrived at the bottom of the division through one unfortunate game. We've been bumping along in the relegation zone for some time now.

Even when there is a hint that Hurst might be able to sort things out (e.g. Brentford second half, Swansea) it all goes to pot the following match. There is no sustained progress, no logical basis for expecting that he will be able to fix the problems. Let alone giving him the benefit of another round of buying players in the vague hope that something might click (and thereby wasting several more valuable weeks of a potential battle for safety).

This idea that if we just hold on, it will all come good is (as things stand) a pure fantasy based on little more than wishful thinking.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:25 - Oct 20 with 3791 viewsDeano69

I can see no clear signs he can pull this off. Happy to be convinced as I am not a hire and fire type.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:26 - Oct 20 with 3781 viewsitfcjoe

Just because you give someone time it won't turn them into the right man

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:27 - Oct 20 with 3775 viewsdavblue

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:25 - Oct 20 by Deano69

I can see no clear signs he can pull this off. Happy to be convinced as I am not a hire and fire type.

I think if we had had these results and performances were getting better, more coherent then I would say yeah, but they aren’t.
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:29 - Oct 20 with 3756 viewsPJH

Good idea, he can then sign some more League One players in January for next seasons promotion push.
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 3741 viewsBenno1960

you are in a very small minority re: Hurst

I just can't see it happening and I think the players are starting to think that too

2-0 down at home and not one tackle to take a booking, get the crowd up etc

They didnt lay a glove on QPR all game
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 3740 viewsDeano69

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:27 - Oct 20 by davblue

I think if we had had these results and performances were getting better, more coherent then I would say yeah, but they aren’t.

That’s my worry. No spine to the team and no progress of any of the players, in fact most have gone backwards. They don’t even seem particularly fit, which I was in the understanding he built the team around.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:38 - Oct 20 with 3657 viewsGeoffSentence

Now is not the right time, 3 games ago would have been better. He's clearly out of his depth. Getting rid of him now would not be rash.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:45 - Oct 20 with 3597 viewsRegencyBlue

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:23 - Oct 20 by Guthrum

It's not like we've suddenly arrived at the bottom of the division through one unfortunate game. We've been bumping along in the relegation zone for some time now.

Even when there is a hint that Hurst might be able to sort things out (e.g. Brentford second half, Swansea) it all goes to pot the following match. There is no sustained progress, no logical basis for expecting that he will be able to fix the problems. Let alone giving him the benefit of another round of buying players in the vague hope that something might click (and thereby wasting several more valuable weeks of a potential battle for safety).

This idea that if we just hold on, it will all come good is (as things stand) a pure fantasy based on little more than wishful thinking.

This!

There is no sign that I can see that Hurst knows how to turn this around. Sticking with him in the hope things might improve at some point in the future looks like a one way ticket to League 1 to me!
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 21:57 - Oct 20 with 3532 viewsPilgrimblue

Good for you! Even MM wouldn't do any better with this mob.

So what you;re saying is give him until January when he could sign more lower league players in the hope it'll all work out! I don;t think so. Let's say we have 10 points by January which would mean that we'd need to get 40 points out of last half of the season. It's not going to happen.

ME needs to act now.
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:00 - Oct 20 with 3522 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

No thanks

We have a centre back playing right back, a right back playing leftback. We have homegrown talent being replaced by loans who are on par or worse than them. Defenders who cannot play from the back. We don't press, our wingers are ineffective and our strikers cannot score.

Tell me what Paul Hurst has done right.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:09 - Oct 20 with 3467 viewsoldollie

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:00 - Oct 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

No thanks

We have a centre back playing right back, a right back playing leftback. We have homegrown talent being replaced by loans who are on par or worse than them. Defenders who cannot play from the back. We don't press, our wingers are ineffective and our strikers cannot score.

Tell me what Paul Hurst has done right.

Fortunately Marcus is keeping a cool head, I think he will stick with hurst until at least January

Ipswich don't sack managers in October
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:13 - Oct 20 with 3440 viewsmagilton

Good thing Evans didn't think the same when Jewell was here, we'd have been in L1 a lot sooner. Granted results under Jewell were a lot worse in terms of goals conceded, but today's performance was as bad as anything under the past few regimes.

I don't like calling for change this early, but we are in total freefall. There are no signs of things getting better.
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:18 - Oct 20 with 3393 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:09 - Oct 20 by oldollie

Fortunately Marcus is keeping a cool head, I think he will stick with hurst until at least January

well we should now

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:19 - Oct 20 with 3385 viewsBlueForYou

‘Ipswich don't sack managers in October’

Well we might have to start thinking about it..!!
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:21 - Oct 20 with 3365 viewslowhouseblue

it's now or relegation. and even if evens acts now the new guy is going to struggle to save us. i'm feeling cool and calm by the way.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:25 - Oct 20 with 3329 viewsericclacton

Your having a laugh.

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:01 - Oct 21 with 3145 viewsEireannach_gorm

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 22:25 - Oct 20 by ericclacton

Your having a laugh.

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:04 - Oct 21 with 3133 viewswallyvincent

I've got a pair but Hurst is out of his depth. He's screwed it. It happens, any decision now would not be rash but realistic and pragmatic.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:05 - Oct 21 with 3132 viewsFramfarmer

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:01 - Oct 21 by Eireannach_gorm

wouldn't be bottom if it wasn't for the alphabetical order......
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:08 - Oct 21 with 3117 viewsSonOfSpock

First time for everything
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:08 - Oct 21 with 3117 viewsEireannach_gorm

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:05 - Oct 21 by Framfarmer

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:24 - Oct 21 with 3063 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 00:05 - Oct 21 by Framfarmer

Fake news......if you click the 'tables' link above you will find that we are 1 point above bottom placed Hull!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 07:44 - Oct 21 with 2873 viewsjimmyvet

Please stop replying to this plank who is clearly a scummer and taking great pleasure in posting ridiculous rubbish and genuine fans on here are taking his bait.
Now is the time for cool and calm reflection on 09:46 - Oct 21 with 2674 viewsRyorry

I have cool-ly and calmly reflected and decided that you are either visually and aurally impaired, or lacking in any footballing nous whatsoever, or winding everyone up, or actually support a team wearing sh1tyellow & green, or a combination of any/all of the above.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024