Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No January budget set 00:07 - Dec 5 with 4452 viewscobbler

Is it because we are going to spend bigger than normal?
I think the 10 million is about right and maybe a bit a bit more because I think we need two strikers,a decent experience ball playing midfielder.and three defenders so 5 maybe 6 players in total and loan out the lesser players Nolan,Roberts,Nsila,Harrison,Spence,to name 5 but I’m sure Lambert knows who he is keeping and who he isn’t.
No January budget set on 03:26 - Dec 5 with 4379 viewsIllinoisblue

No way on gods earth that Evans will cough up that sort of cash. It’s laughable to even think that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

No January budget set on 04:42 - Dec 5 with 4360 viewsBenters2

Christ on a bike you dont really believe we are going to spend all that money do you?

Apparently it was only reported in 'The Sun' that Lambert had a £10m warchest to spend on players in January,and it was quickly put down on here that it was bolox.

Yes i know there are plenty of points still available,but will Evans gamble all that money on staying in this league?

I cant see it myself,would love to see it though of course!
No January budget set on 06:40 - Dec 5 with 4288 viewsHarry_Palmer

Absolutely no chance.
No January budget set on 07:20 - Dec 5 with 4214 viewsFtnfwest

Indeed I've no idea why we aren't telling the rest of the football world what we're going to spend
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 7:21]
No January budget set on 07:34 - Dec 5 with 4180 viewsVaughan8

A few threads on this and people getting angry about it.

Surely with just A little thought, it could be because we don't want to announce to the footballing world there has been a budget set.

Ok, they could ha e said "yes we have but we aren't telling you how mich" and then loads of speculation starts.

I cannot believe they don't have a general idea. Or maybe that didn't a budget, we will spend whatever is needed? (Ok maybe not haha)
No January budget set on 07:36 - Dec 5 with 4168 viewsOxford_Blue

No January budget set on 03:26 - Dec 5 by Illinoisblue

No way on gods earth that Evans will cough up that sort of cash. It’s laughable to even think that.

He did for Keane and PJ.

I think he will make funds available for loan players.
No January budget set on 08:44 - Dec 5 with 4078 viewsBlueBadger

No January budget set on 07:36 - Dec 5 by Oxford_Blue

He did for Keane and PJ.

I think he will make funds available for loan players.

Coughing up cash to Keane and Jewell is the main reason we are in this mess now. Those two incompetents squandered the cash and made him him decided 'this is wasting too much money'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No January budget set on 09:06 - Dec 5 with 4051 viewsBenters2

No January budget set on 08:44 - Dec 5 by BlueBadger

Coughing up cash to Keane and Jewell is the main reason we are in this mess now. Those two incompetents squandered the cash and made him him decided 'this is wasting too much money'.

So in Jan 2015 when we were second, why didnt he bung Mick Mac a big wedge and tell him to go for it?

That was a bigger mistake.
Login to get fewer ads

No January budget set on 09:09 - Dec 5 with 4040 viewsbraveblue

No chance. He won’t spend the £5m profit he had from the summer!!
No January budget set on 09:09 - Dec 5 with 4040 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I imagine it's because we will need to see who is available and the majority of loans. There will be a budget somewhere but the moment you make public the figures, the players prices go up, the fans start complaining if he said we had £5m but only spent £3m etc.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

No January budget set on 09:42 - Dec 5 with 3976 viewsBlueBadger

No January budget set on 09:09 - Dec 5 by JammyDodgerrr

I imagine it's because we will need to see who is available and the majority of loans. There will be a budget somewhere but the moment you make public the figures, the players prices go up, the fans start complaining if he said we had £5m but only spent £3m etc.

...and probably waiting to see where we are actually placed in the table. If we're in a similar or worse position there'll be no money and we'll be 'preparing for next season rather than making short-term signings'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No January budget set on 10:07 - Dec 5 with 3939 viewsNorthern_Blue81

No budget set as there isn't one going to be issued more than likely.

If we are 12 or more points behind we will be left to go down and watch.
No January budget set on 10:09 - Dec 5 with 3929 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don't panic! Marcus has got his accountant looking into it now

It'll be very interesting to see what happens.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No January budget set on 12:59 - Dec 5 with 3834 viewsLeagueOne

No January budget set on 07:34 - Dec 5 by Vaughan8

A few threads on this and people getting angry about it.

Surely with just A little thought, it could be because we don't want to announce to the footballing world there has been a budget set.

Ok, they could ha e said "yes we have but we aren't telling you how mich" and then loads of speculation starts.

I cannot believe they don't have a general idea. Or maybe that didn't a budget, we will spend whatever is needed? (Ok maybe not haha)

I do admire the optimism that the club would be smart enough not to shout about the club willing to spend big, but they can't expect the fans to react positively to a statement of no January budget, in December, when the club is rock bottom of the league. The majority of fans believe there is no plan and this kind of confirms it to them, whether it is true or not.

However, form is everything and based on Evans track record - no budget for January sounds bang on. I mean when we were looking at automatic promotion he spent nothing, and now he's looking at a loss of 5 million for TV, huge losses on gate, and whatnot he's probably thinking he's better off waiting until the summer when he can release/sell the remaining players on big wages and cut the budget down to one he is willing to afford for the third division.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

No January budget set on 13:05 - Dec 5 with 3809 viewsJammyDodgerrr

No January budget set on 12:59 - Dec 5 by LeagueOne

I do admire the optimism that the club would be smart enough not to shout about the club willing to spend big, but they can't expect the fans to react positively to a statement of no January budget, in December, when the club is rock bottom of the league. The majority of fans believe there is no plan and this kind of confirms it to them, whether it is true or not.

However, form is everything and based on Evans track record - no budget for January sounds bang on. I mean when we were looking at automatic promotion he spent nothing, and now he's looking at a loss of 5 million for TV, huge losses on gate, and whatnot he's probably thinking he's better off waiting until the summer when he can release/sell the remaining players on big wages and cut the budget down to one he is willing to afford for the third division.

Whether fans believe it is true or not, i would hope that the majority of people understand that as a smart man who is one of the richest in the world - there is always a plan. It's been noted that Evans is meticulous with statistics and this will be no different. He will have a budget in mind, but it is likely to be flexible.

He will also know that any potential spend needed to stay in this division and keep Lambert will far, far outweigh all the issues of being relegated. In no way will he be accepting relegation - it wouldn't make any financial sense.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

There's a valid argument that.... on 13:10 - Dec 5 with 3802 viewsBloots

...we should spend very little in January.

There is an incredibly low chance that we will stay up, even with a noticeable investment in January.

If we had a different owner I would say it's wiser to retain any available funds and use them to address the huge deficiencies in the summer.

But of course Evans probably won't make the money available in the summer once we are formally relegated.

Any money we spend in January will just add to the financial burden for a 3rd Division team.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

There's a valid argument that.... on 13:11 - Dec 5 with 3795 viewsReuser_is_God

There's a valid argument that.... on 13:10 - Dec 5 by Bloots

There is an incredibly low chance that we will stay up, even with a noticeable investment in January.

If we had a different owner I would say it's wiser to retain any available funds and use them to address the huge deficiencies in the summer.

But of course Evans probably won't make the money available in the summer once we are formally relegated.

Any money we spend in January will just add to the financial burden for a 3rd Division team.

I tend to agree, I'm of the opinion that if the gap is double figures then we shouldn't bother.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

With 5 rounds of fixtures before.... on 13:13 - Dec 5 with 3774 viewsBloots

There's a valid argument that.... on 13:11 - Dec 5 by Reuser_is_God

I tend to agree, I'm of the opinion that if the gap is double figures then we shouldn't bother.

...the window opens, I suspect that the gap will be 11 or 12 points come 1st Jan.

It's just "throwing good money after bad".

Waste of time.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

No January budget set on 14:27 - Dec 5 with 3729 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Was because the press were present, a budget of course will be set.

My ideology surrounding January budget will be £5m, we have made the loss for the year, but the Waghorn/Garner sale came after that so really ME won't be too concerned with the loss, the sale of Waghorn/Garner in a normal season would have gone towards sustaining wages and a little bit rightly so going into ME's pocket. But to keep us in the league he is now going to have to release all them funds.

Also think we will see the back of Bart/Knudsen/Spence

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

No January budget set on 13:02 - Dec 6 with 3600 viewsBlueBlood90

Even if Lambert was given £10m, who would want to come to a team 7 points adrift at the bottom of the Championship? Realistically it'll be Premier League loanees coming in as they're only a short term option. We have enough young players from the lower leagues as it is and one GOOD championship player will cost you £5m-£10m anyway.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

There's a valid argument that.... on 13:26 - Dec 6 with 3560 viewssouthnorfolkblue

There's a valid argument that.... on 13:10 - Dec 5 by Bloots

There are 2 good reasons why he should spend big in January. The first is the obvious one ie giving us the best chance possible to survive. There is also good reason to do this even if we are looking at relegation.

As I understand it, if we go down we are only allowed a player wage bill that is 60% of turnover. Our turnover is likely to be half in League 1 what it is at present. Our wage bill currently exceeds turnover, which means a fire sale of monumental proportions to comply.

I read somewhere though that any players signed after September 1st in the relegation season are excluded from the 60% calculation, so if we sign some decent players on 18 month contracts that will bolster the squad ahead of some fairly major cuts that will be needed to the playing staff.

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024