Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the event that Lambert was to walk away 13:58 - Jan 7 with 6979 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Who on earth would we turn to for next season, assuming we are in League One and there is no significant money available?

We'd have to go for someone performing well in League One without much funding and known for playing decent football in an ideal world.

Can't really think of too many candidates. I suppose John McGreal would be about the level we'd be at, someone on the rise, who would see it as a big job and not just passing through another club.

In reality we'd probably struggle to attract someone like Nathan Jones if Luton didn't go up as he'd likely see them as a better bet for promotion than us!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:16 - Jan 7 with 6719 viewsronnyblue

How about Paul Hurst ?
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:17 - Jan 7 with 6714 viewswkj

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:16 - Jan 7 by ronnyblue

How about Paul Hurst ?

We need to aim higher... so Doig

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:19 - Jan 7 with 6703 viewsNoBru

Maurice Steijn
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:20 - Jan 7 with 6693 viewsKieran_Knows

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:19 - Jan 7 by NoBru

Maurice Steijn

Eredivisie to League 1? His stock will be a lot higher than us considering he was linked with a fairly decent job in Holland last summer (Heerenveen).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:23 - Jan 7 with 6665 viewsITFC_Forever

Steve Cotterill, Steve Evans or some other failed charlatan.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:25 - Jan 7 with 6648 viewsNoBru

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:20 - Jan 7 by Kieran_Knows

Eredivisie to League 1? His stock will be a lot higher than us considering he was linked with a fairly decent job in Holland last summer (Heerenveen).

Agreed, perhaps he should have been the man for the job in the summer?
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:32 - Jan 7 with 6618 viewsBluesquid

Kenny Jackett
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:33 - Jan 7 with 6612 viewsdavblue

Gareth Ainsworth deserves a chance but he's very direct manager in terms of style.

Worked on a very limited budget at Wycombe, tends to get players on a free transfer and develop them along with signing experienced pro's.
Login to get fewer ads

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:33 - Jan 7 with 6610 viewsSuperfrans

You'd hope* that Evans would learn from his experiences this season and go with someone with experience, but who would see us as a project, for a rebuilding job, potentially including a new structure etc.

I always liked the idea of Warburton, but whether he would come to us in League 1 is a big question. We'd be able to get Grayson, I would have thought, also McGreal.

But I'm constantly amazed/shocked at how quickly managers' fortunes can turn and they go out of favour. It was only a year ago that people were talking about Darrell Clarke at Bristol Rovers - then he gets canned just before Xmas. The same could easily happen to McGreal too. And Grayson is out of work too.

It's horrible to even consider who we might end up with...

*"hope" being a key word here...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:33 - Jan 7 with 6603 viewsITFC_Forever

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:32 - Jan 7 by Bluesquid

Kenny Jackett

Why would he leave Portsmouth, who are likely to pass us in the opposite direction?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:34 - Jan 7 with 6598 viewsIpswichKnight

Shefti Kuqi, was at PR recently as well.
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:35 - Jan 7 with 6586 viewsPJH

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:34 - Jan 7 by IpswichKnight

Shefti Kuqi, was at PR recently as well.

So was I.
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:38 - Jan 7 with 6576 viewsBluesquid

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:33 - Jan 7 by ITFC_Forever

Why would he leave Portsmouth, who are likely to pass us in the opposite direction?

I don't know tbh but i think he would be good to stabilize us, find our feet and build from that.
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:43 - Jan 7 with 6559 viewsHarry_Palmer

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:38 - Jan 7 by Bluesquid

I don't know tbh but i think he would be good to stabilize us, find our feet and build from that.

So would Mourinho, but he's not going to come either...
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:49 - Jan 7 with 6528 viewsIpswichKnight

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:35 - Jan 7 by PJH

So was I.

You'd be an upgrade on Hurst and Doig!
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:51 - Jan 7 with 6516 viewsNo9

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:33 - Jan 7 by Superfrans

You'd hope* that Evans would learn from his experiences this season and go with someone with experience, but who would see us as a project, for a rebuilding job, potentially including a new structure etc.

I always liked the idea of Warburton, but whether he would come to us in League 1 is a big question. We'd be able to get Grayson, I would have thought, also McGreal.

But I'm constantly amazed/shocked at how quickly managers' fortunes can turn and they go out of favour. It was only a year ago that people were talking about Darrell Clarke at Bristol Rovers - then he gets canned just before Xmas. The same could easily happen to McGreal too. And Grayson is out of work too.

It's horrible to even consider who we might end up with...

*"hope" being a key word here...

So, where do you rate Paul Lambert in that?
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 16:55 - Jan 7 with 6411 viewsSuperfrans

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 14:51 - Jan 7 by No9

So, where do you rate Paul Lambert in that?

Retaining Lambert would be my personal priority.

A. for galvanising the team/squad again.
B. because we need an experienced head if a full rebuild is necessary.

I'm aware that his talk hasn't yet been matched by results. But he is working with someone else's players, who we all can see aren't good enough for this level.

Of course, we may have a better idea after this window. But even then, he'll do amazing well to bring in the quality of players he wants (and we need), given our current position and form.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 17:12 - Jan 7 with 6382 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 19:04 - Jan 7 with 6317 viewsBluesquid

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 17:12 - Jan 7 by BryanPlug

lol

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 19:14 - Jan 7 with 6275 viewsbournemouthblue

Butcher and Burley for sentimental value
Gerrard Nash with an established Director of Football
McGreal
Who else is about?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 19:43 - Jan 7 with 6216 viewsstig4532

Manager: George Burley
Assistant: Marcus Stewart
DoF: Terry Butcher
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 19:51 - Jan 7 with 6199 viewsPecker

Mark Cooper. What he doesn't know about the lower leagues isn't worth knowing.
In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 20:56 - Jan 7 with 6131 viewsBryanPlug

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 19:43 - Jan 7 by stig4532

Manager: George Burley
Assistant: Marcus Stewart
DoF: Terry Butcher

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 21:01 - Jan 7 with 6113 viewspositivity

darren currie player manager! inject some pace, pitman as assistant player manager...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

In the event that Lambert was to walk away on 21:04 - Jan 7 with 6100 viewsSnedders

Michael Appleton
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024