Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well strike me down with a damp rag 07:26 - Jan 31 with 6972 viewsjjblue84

If only we had clear talking like this in our own parliament!!
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 07:41 - Jan 31 with 4253 viewsunstableblue

18 months of long detailed and gnarly negotiation between EU and UK. Centred on 3 key topics; one of which Northern Ireland. We - our government - agreed the deal.

And now we want to renegotiate - it’s mental. We fecked up our internal process.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 08:02 - Jan 31 with 4201 viewsCoastalblue

It's so easy to snipe from the sidelines when you have no fear of ever having to actually do anything to contribute.

We should have said to Farage, Boris and the rest of them "you got us to this point, now you can see through the process from here"

Instead they largely all ran away from it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:09 - Jan 31 with 4106 viewsPinewoodblue

Strange how this didn't seem to be worthy of inclusion in the extensive news coverage of yesterday's events.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:12 - Jan 31 with 4093 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:09 - Jan 31 by Pinewoodblue

Strange how this didn't seem to be worthy of inclusion in the extensive news coverage of yesterday's events.

Probably because it’s total bollox

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:13 - Jan 31 with 4095 viewsGuthrum

This 'humiliation' consists of securing a negotiated withdrawal agreement (a thing few thought possible) which respects many of the UK's red lines (e.g. fisheries, Gibraltar, freedom of movement) and allows us to contnue enjoying many of the benefits of EU membership while negotiating favourable trade deals.

It has been rejected on the grounds that a relatively small number of hardliners are terrified of a contingency being triggered due to having failed within two years to negotiate the trade deals which we were assured (by those same people) would be so easy to put together. That and a bunch of Parliamentarians playing party political games.

The only real humiliation is for Farage and his ilk is that the EU are being so reasonable and threatening to stymie their dream of crashing out, cosying up to Trump, having a bonfire of regulations and making lots of money for their hedge funds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:18 - Jan 31 with 4062 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:13 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

This 'humiliation' consists of securing a negotiated withdrawal agreement (a thing few thought possible) which respects many of the UK's red lines (e.g. fisheries, Gibraltar, freedom of movement) and allows us to contnue enjoying many of the benefits of EU membership while negotiating favourable trade deals.

It has been rejected on the grounds that a relatively small number of hardliners are terrified of a contingency being triggered due to having failed within two years to negotiate the trade deals which we were assured (by those same people) would be so easy to put together. That and a bunch of Parliamentarians playing party political games.

The only real humiliation is for Farage and his ilk is that the EU are being so reasonable and threatening to stymie their dream of crashing out, cosying up to Trump, having a bonfire of regulations and making lots of money for their hedge funds.

The only positive about all this mess is that Farage and his ilk will no longer be stealing a wage from the EU and be given a platform to embarrass us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:21 - Jan 31 with 4043 viewsClapham_Junction

If only we had clear talking from journalists like this in our own media!
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:26 - Jan 31 with 4028 viewsLord_Lucan

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 08:02 - Jan 31 by Coastalblue

It's so easy to snipe from the sidelines when you have no fear of ever having to actually do anything to contribute.

We should have said to Farage, Boris and the rest of them "you got us to this point, now you can see through the process from here"

I agree but Farage is in the position he is so that is all he can do. May did appoint Davis but he was forced to resign. They should only have had pro BREXIT MP's in the electoral process for PM.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:38 - Jan 31 with 3989 viewsPinewoodblue

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:13 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

Are there not reasonable concerns that fisheries would have to be given away to get French / Spanish agreement to a trade deal. The prospect of a trade deal are dependent on all 27 countries, plus the Belgian regions agreeing.

2023 year of destiny

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:44 - Jan 31 with 3957 viewsEdwardStone

Farage is a whiney gobsh*te

An utter bellend, endlessly spouting inflammatory nonsense for consumption by the hard of thinking
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:45 - Jan 31 with 3947 viewschicoazul

Can someone aware me of the Article 24 he is talking about, the 2 year thing? It sounds reasonable.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:46 - Jan 31 with 3945 viewsGuthrum

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:38 - Jan 31 by Pinewoodblue

Are there not reasonable concerns that fisheries would have to be given away to get French / Spanish agreement to a trade deal. The prospect of a trade deal are dependent on all 27 countries, plus the Belgian regions agreeing.

Possibly so, but that's not in May's withdrawal agreement and would be the case whatever future deal* we tried to do.

* And we would need one, even if we crash out on 29th March. The EU is our largest and geographically closest trading partner.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:50 - Jan 31 with 3916 viewsLord_Lucan

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:45 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

Can someone aware me of the Article 24 he is talking about, the 2 year thing? It sounds reasonable.

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/region_e/region_art24_e.htm

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:50 - Jan 31 with 3916 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjW9_3q3pfgAhVDgxoKHcXO

2023 year of destiny

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:55 - Jan 31 with 3880 viewsm14_blue

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:38 - Jan 31 by Pinewoodblue

Nah, can't be.

This is going to be the easiest trade deal in history remember, German car companies won't allow anything else.
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:56 - Jan 31 with 3876 viewsDanTheMan

It's all great if we are just talking physical goods.

But our economy is based on the service industry. The elephant in the room that is hard to talk about.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:02 - Jan 31 with 3842 viewsSteve_M

It's bollox though. Another semi-convincing myth from the IEA.

https://uktradeforum.net/2019/01/26/why-claims-about-a-wto-article-24-interim-ag

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:05 - Jan 31 with 3828 viewsGuthrum

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:26 - Jan 31 by Lord_Lucan

I agree but Farage is in the position he is so that is all he can do. May did appoint Davis but he was forced to resign. They should only have had pro BREXIT MP's in the electoral process for PM.

There were no pro-Brexit candidates who could also carry the support of the Party. All the people who potentially could have fulfilled those criteria in late 2016 had either furiously stabbed each other in the back or run away.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:08 - Jan 31 with 3807 viewsEireannach_gorm

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:21 - Jan 31 by Clapham_Junction

If only we had clear talking from journalists like this in our own media!

Claire Byrne IS a very good journalist. Farange is not so assured when challenged.
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:10 - Jan 31 with 3803 viewschicoazul

Thank you boyos for all your answers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:12 - Jan 31 with 3799 viewsLeagueOne

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 08:02 - Jan 31 by Coastalblue

in Farage's defence he's never been elected here but had the Government of the time asked him to be involved as you said, he probably would have but no politician would give him that kind of exposure and firepower as it would be detrimental to them to do so - as for stepping away from UKIP, it just shows his sanity given what they are up to now

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:15 - Jan 31 with 3782 viewsGuthrum

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 09:44 - Jan 31 by EdwardStone

Farage is a whiney gobsh*te

An utter bellend, endlessly spouting inflammatory nonsense for consumption by the hard of thinking

I didn't think you liked him that much.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:22 - Jan 31 with 3765 viewsLord_Lucan

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:05 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

There were no pro-Brexit candidates who could also carry the support of the Party. All the people who potentially could have fulfilled those criteria in late 2016 had either furiously stabbed each other in the back or run away.

But out of the five candidates, apart from May the only remainer was Stephen Crabb and he has always been a bit on the fence.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:38 - Jan 31 with 3720 viewsGuthrum

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:22 - Jan 31 by Lord_Lucan

But out of the five candidates, apart from May the only remainer was Stephen Crabb and he has always been a bit on the fence.

The Party didn't remotely want Fox, Crabb baled out, Gove only had the same small coterie voting for him and Leadsom had to withdraw after stupid comments. But throughout, May was getting by far and away the strongest support, polling 50% in the first round and 60% in the second.

Johnson was probably the only candidate who could have mounted a serious challenge. But he shied away at the critical moment, didn't try to tough his way through the Gove backstabbing incident.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:42 - Jan 31 with 3702 viewsDanTheMan

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:02 - Jan 31 by Steve_M

It's bollox though. Another semi-convincing myth from the IEA.

https://uktradeforum.net/2019/01/26/why-claims-about-a-wto-article-24-interim-ag

Really interesting, thanks for posting.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024