Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know this climate change girl 14:32 - Apr 24 with 5099 viewschicoazul

that everyone is talking about, and who was in Parliament yesterday. You know how she's from Sweden, right.

How did she get to the UK?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

You know this climate change girl on 14:33 - Apr 24 with 2733 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Trains apparently.

It's all a bit weird, it's like some sort of cult.

MP's fawning over her in order to get on social media.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 14:34]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

You know this climate change girl on 14:36 - Apr 24 with 2737 viewsFixed_It

By train. Although that's not the answer you were hoping for, is it?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

You know this climate change girl on 14:38 - Apr 24 with 2723 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 14:36 - Apr 24 by Fixed_It

By train. Although that's not the answer you were hoping for, is it?

How are trains powered?

EDIT; though please, do tell me what I actually meant.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 14:39]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

You know this climate change girl on 14:40 - Apr 24 with 2717 viewsSteve_M

Are you going to join the likes of Brendan O'Neill and Toby Young in attacking the messenger rather than the message?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

You know this climate change girl on 14:42 - Apr 24 with 2695 viewslowhouseblue

i assume she walked across the north sea.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

You know this climate change girl on 14:43 - Apr 24 with 2687 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know this climate change girl on 14:38 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

How are trains powered?

You really do have a talent when it comes to misjudging things, don't you?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You know this climate change girl on 14:44 - Apr 24 with 2672 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 14:40 - Apr 24 by Steve_M

Are you going to join the likes of Brendan O'Neill and Toby Young in attacking the messenger rather than the message?

Since you seem to know what I think, I will do the same to you; I think the message is excellent. I am a true believer in man made climate change and the urgency of the problem which has, in fact, more or less already happened and is unstoppable. I think it's ridiculous for a person to use fossil fuels to travel many thousands of miles to deliver a lecture she could just as easily have done over Skype or Youtube.

You know this climate change girl on 14:46 - Apr 24 with 2656 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 14:43 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

You really do have a talent when it comes to misjudging things, don't you?

What have I misjudged?

Login to get fewer ads

You know this climate change girl on 14:50 - Apr 24 with 2634 viewsm14_blue

You know this climate change girl on 14:44 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Since you seem to know what I think, I will do the same to you; I think the message is excellent. I am a true believer in man made climate change and the urgency of the problem which has, in fact, more or less already happened and is unstoppable. I think it's ridiculous for a person to use fossil fuels to travel many thousands of miles to deliver a lecture she could just as easily have done over Skype or Youtube.

But you obviously assumed she had flown though yes?

In any case, I think the work she is doing in raising the profile and putting the issue on the political agenda is far more important than any carbon footprint she generates, don’t you?

It seems an incredibly, and uncharacteristically, petty point to make really.
You know this climate change girl on 14:52 - Apr 24 with 2619 viewsBrixtonBlue

It wouldn't have the same effect as actually appearing in parliament though would it?

Also, London to Oslo is about a thousand miles, not "many thousands."

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You know this climate change girl on 14:53 - Apr 24 with 2618 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 14:50 - Apr 24 by m14_blue

But you obviously assumed she had flown though yes?

In any case, I think the work she is doing in raising the profile and putting the issue on the political agenda is far more important than any carbon footprint she generates, don’t you?

It seems an incredibly, and uncharacteristically, petty point to make really.

I didnt assume anything, no. I asked the question. I could have easily found out with a few clicks of Google. The only persons assuming anything are you and others.

Since you're asking, I am very much on the fence about your middle paragraph, but am almost convinced it is a very bad look for any activist nowadays to contribute directly and in a high profile way to the very thing they are campaigning against.

You know this climate change girl on 14:53 - Apr 24 with 2608 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 14:52 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

It wouldn't have the same effect as actually appearing in parliament though would it?

Also, London to Oslo is about a thousand miles, not "many thousands."

I dont know and neither do you.

Is she not going home then?

What have I misjudged?

Oslo is in Norway BTW.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 14:54]

You know this climate change girl on 14:54 - Apr 24 with 2591 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know this climate change girl on 14:53 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

What have I misjudged?

Oslo is in Norway BTW.

Haha, you're getting desperate now.

You made a silly post. Again.

You know this climate change girl on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 2576 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 14:54 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Haha, you're getting desperate now.

You made a silly post. Again.

What, "Oslo is in Norway" is silly now? What are you on about?

You know this climate change girl on 14:58 - Apr 24 with 2557 viewsBrixtonBlue

What have I misjudged?

Oslo is in Norway BTW.

Ok, try Malmo. 800 miles.

The point remains - it's not many thousands of miles.

You know this climate change girl on 15:00 - Apr 24 with 2540 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know this climate change girl on 14:56 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

What, "Oslo is in Norway" is silly now? What are you on about?

Good edit, well played.

No I'm talking about your OP and you doing this girl down for travelling.

I'm done here, I'll let others carry on and you dig your own hole.

You know this climate change girl on 15:03 - Apr 24 with 2520 viewsNo9

Sweden to Rugen by rail & ferry then rail from Rugen to Brussels then tunel All OK until you get to the Uk where nothing works?
You know this climate change girl on 15:20 - Apr 24 with 2409 viewsFixed_It

I didnt assume anything, no. I asked the question. I could have easily found out with a few clicks of Google. The only persons assuming anything are you and others.

Since you're asking, I am very much on the fence about your middle paragraph, but am almost convinced it is a very bad look for any activist nowadays to contribute directly and in a high profile way to the very thing they are campaigning against.

If she chartered the train for her own personal use then you probably have a point. If she didn't, then good on her for avoiding the obvious mode of travel for such a journey knowing that planes cause far more issues.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

You know this climate change girl on 15:25 - Apr 24 with 2384 viewsWeWereZombies

There is another dilemma here, if a train service is scheduled (this also applies to air and sea travel, and coach travel) it will run whether you get on board or not. Is it better to utilise the energy rather than wasting it or do you refuse to travel thereby hoping that the transport provider will eventually discontinue the service as others join your ethical stance?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

You know this climate change girl on 15:29 - Apr 24 with 2358 viewsSpruceMoose

You know this climate change girl on 14:38 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

How are trains powered?

I find it hilarious that you always bang on about how stupid other posters are, despite constantly coming out with dunderheaded guff like this!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

You know this climate change girl on 15:34 - Apr 24 with 2337 viewsStokieBlue

What have I misjudged?

Oslo is in Norway BTW.

You'd have more of a point if you said all the articles written, read and commented on with regards to the trip on the interwebs have produced more CO2 than flying would have.

That would how ignore the fact that those articles have created discussion and momentum behind an obvious issue which must be tackled.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

You know this climate change girl on 15:36 - Apr 24 with 2322 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know this climate change girl on 15:34 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

You'd have more of a point if you said all the articles written, read and commented on with regards to the trip on the interwebs have produced more CO2 than flying would have.

That would how ignore the fact that those articles have created discussion and momentum behind an obvious issue which must be tackled.

SB

As we've seen with drugs, Chickers is unable to see the wider picture.

You know this climate change girl on 15:36 - Apr 24 with 2321 viewsfooters

You know this climate change girl on 15:36 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

As we've seen with drugs, Chickers is unable to see the wider picture.

Chico is just the board's Jeremy Clarkson. Strong opinions? Yes. Does he believe much of what he says? Doubtful.

Just embrace it :)

Luv you, chickers x

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

You know this climate change girl on 15:43 - Apr 24 with 2283 viewsFtnfwest

Surprised she hasn't concentrated on destroying property and disrupting peoples lives which is far more likely to get the publics sympathy
You know this climate change girl on 15:43 - Apr 24 with 2281 viewschicoazul

You know this climate change girl on 15:00 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Good edit, well played.

No I'm talking about your OP and you doing this girl down for travelling.

I'm done here, I'll let others carry on and you dig your own hole.

What edit??? I havent edited that post you're replying to! Jeez luv youve had a shocker today, is the new job not going well or something?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024