Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now 08:48 - Jun 26 with 2455 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 08:55 - Jun 26 with 2412 viewsitfcjoe

He needs to just believe in it more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 08:59 - Jun 26 with 2398 viewscaught-in-limbo

#wellInever
#Itwasnevergoingtohappen

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:14 - Jun 26 with 2362 viewsxrayspecs

Not sure how that is betraying Brexit?

He is stating some facts about future trading arrangements and reiterating that the government have a duty to enact the result of the referendum
I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:14 - Jun 26 with 2354 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"Betraying brexit" is not a thing.

It's just another soundbite.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:16 - Jun 26 with 2350 viewsWeWereZombies

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:14 - Jun 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

"Betraying brexit" is not a thing.

It's just another soundbite.

Brextray means Brextray?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:20 - Jun 26 with 2339 viewsSteve_M

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:14 - Jun 26 by xrayspecs

He is stating some facts about future trading arrangements and reiterating that the government have a duty to enact the result of the referendum

Because Article 24 is the zealots soundbite of choice and anything less than the maximum Brexit position is seen as betraying Brexit. See also May's deal and Tory MPs who voted for it but refuse to accept crashing out without a deal.

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:24 - Jun 26 with 2329 viewsxrayspecs

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:20 - Jun 26 by Steve_M

Because Article 24 is the zealots soundbite of choice and anything less than the maximum Brexit position is seen as betraying Brexit. See also May's deal and Tory MPs who voted for it but refuse to accept crashing out without a deal.

That is one view. There are plenty of others that support Brexit. The majority of Brexiteers want to leave with a deal.

Liam Fox is undermining Boris as he supports Hunt for PM.
I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:43 - Jun 26 with 2275 viewschicoazul

I wonder what's happened between Fox and "Boris". They used to be mates.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:46 - Jun 26 with 2271 viewsGuthrum

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:24 - Jun 26 by xrayspecs

That is one view. There are plenty of others that support Brexit. The majority of Brexiteers want to leave with a deal.

It's just a shame that the zealots* have managed to sieze the media and control the debate, that people like Farage and Rees-Mogg have been allowed to claim they represent "all Brexiteers".

Such is often the way with revolutionary movements, when moderates become afraid to question the zealots, lest their own dedication to the cause is called into doubt. There is often, eventually, a moderate backlash, tho frequently only after much bloodshed, with many fine people cut down as "traitors" or forced into exile.

* An excellent term, as describing a blind, ideological fanatic who, shunning all reason and compromise, is prepared to sacrifice everything - including their own and others' lives - for the cause.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:58 - Jun 26 with 2238 viewsGuthrum

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:43 - Jun 26 by chicoazul

I wonder what's happened between Fox and "Boris". They used to be mates.

Often happens, where two revolutionary fellow-travellers will fall out when one considers the other to have gone beyond reason. Think Desmoulins and Robespierre.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 10:09 - Jun 26 with 2207 viewsSteve_M

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:24 - Jun 26 by xrayspecs

And as soon as deal is written down, it's inherent weaknesses compared to the fantasy Brexit become apparent and the whole process starts again. We would have left the EU by now if not for the ERG.

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 10:13 - Jun 26 with 2192 viewschicoazul

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:58 - Jun 26 by Guthrum

Often happens, where two revolutionary fellow-travellers will fall out when one considers the other to have gone beyond reason. Think Desmoulins and Robespierre.

Was thinking more Trotsky and Stalin and wondering who is going to end up with the ice pick in their head.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 11:13 - Jun 26 with 2098 viewsfactual_blue

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 10:09 - Jun 26 by Steve_M

And as soon as deal is written down, it's inherent weaknesses compared to the fantasy Brexit become apparent and the whole process starts again. We would have left the EU by now if not for the ERG.

The problem is the erg have to trace the shapes of each letter in the deal with their fingers and mouth the word sounds.

It takes them a long time....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 11:22 - Jun 26 with 2077 viewsxrayspecs

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 10:09 - Jun 26 by Steve_M

While I agree with you about the ERG, I suspect the same charge can also be levelled at those MPs - across all parties - who simply do not want to support the referendum result or want to oppose Brexit for purely political reasons.
I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 12:00 - Jun 26 with 2034 viewsfactual_blue

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:46 - Jun 26 by Guthrum

It's just a shame that the zealots* have managed to sieze the media and control the debate, that people like Farage and Rees-Mogg have been allowed to claim they represent "all Brexiteers".

Such is often the way with revolutionary movements, when moderates become afraid to question the zealots, lest their own dedication to the cause is called into doubt. There is often, eventually, a moderate backlash, tho frequently only after much bloodshed, with many fine people cut down as "traitors" or forced into exile.

* An excellent term, as describing a blind, ideological fanatic who, shunning all reason and compromise, is prepared to sacrifice everything - including their own and others' lives - for the cause.

The original Zealots were Jewish terrorists.

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 12:46 - Jun 26 with 1974 viewsjontysnut

If Liam Fox is the voice of reason we really are in the clarts.
I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 12:54 - Jun 26 with 1961 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:14 - Jun 26 by xrayspecs

You know that, I know that, most of the people on here know that.

But I imagine the zealots (borrowing Guther's term) will see it as a massive betrayal as it doesn't fit to their fantasy view.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 13:46 - Jun 26 with 1914 viewsfactual_blue

The question to ask in such circumstances is 'What Would Adam Werritty Think?'

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 14:46 - Jun 26 with 1877 viewsBlueBadger

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 09:58 - Jun 26 by Guthrum

This is more Cannon and Ball though, is n't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 15:20 - Jun 26 with 1827 viewsHerbivore

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 11:22 - Jun 26 by xrayspecs

While I agree with you about the ERG, I suspect the same charge can also be levelled at those MPs - across all parties - who simply do not want to support the referendum result or want to oppose Brexit for purely political reasons.

I think a lot of people, including some MPs, remain opposed to Brexit because it's a terrible idea.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 15:26 - Jun 26 with 1814 viewsitfcjoe

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 15:20 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

I think a lot of people, including some MPs, remain opposed to Brexit because it's a terrible idea.

When a no deal Brexit goes tit up, the Brexiteers will still blame ‘Remoaners’. We may as well just cancel it and blame Remoaners for that so we don’t all suffer too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 15:28 - Jun 26 with 1809 viewsHerbivore

I see Liam Fox is betraying Brexit now on 15:26 - Jun 26 by itfcjoe

When a no deal Brexit goes tit up, the Brexiteers will still blame ‘Remoaners’. We may as well just cancel it and blame Remoaners for that so we don’t all suffer too

Yep. It's incredible really, they say with a straight face that the reason we haven't left is because of Remoaners not backing Brexit, and yet it was the hard Brexit supporters in the ERG who voted against us leaving in March. If they won't accept responsibility for that you can guarantee they won't accept responsibility for anything.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024