Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... 11:29 - Aug 7 with 2023 viewsThatMuhrenCross

1) Reading between the lines, Luke Garbutt looks to be here for the long term.

He said: "We have added Luke Garbutt from Everton. He is in the last year of his contract and could be looking for a new club next year. So there is a long-term plan behind some of our loans."
One of the big frustrations in recent years has been the number of loans that we'd never have a chance of making permanent. As nice as it was to have Lawrence, Celina and Fraser, they were not a long-term option in the slightest.

2) The love affair with Bart isn't over yet...
He said: "Will Norris has also joined us on loan from Wolves, which has freed up Bart to go out on loan to the Championship. He remains an Ipswich player though and will return to Portman Road at the end of the season."
I admit, his return is likely to be massively dependant on us going back up due to his wages, but I'm confident of that. In Holy and Bart we'd have two Championship quality goalkeepers, no doubt.

3) Lambert will be given time, and so will the kids.
He said: "I have asked Paul, along with his coaching staff to accept the challenge of developing a team, not just for this year... but for the years ahead as well. He will be giving our younger players a chance and they will need time and support along the way.
We've got some fantastic young players at the moment - Downes, Dozzell, Lancaster, Nydam, Crowe, Woolfenden - even Bishop if you can still include him in that category. Regular playing time at this level could be just the tonic they need.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:31 - Aug 7 with 1985 viewsdavblue

soundbites, that's all they are at the moment.
Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:32 - Aug 7 with 1977 viewsKieran_Knows

Have to say, I'm not arsed whether Bart comes back, but the rest I agree with.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 1948 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:31 - Aug 7 by davblue

soundbites, that's all they are at the moment.

This.

As encouraging as the statement sounds in principle, its very easy to say that improvements to infrastructure or the team are being planned.

I might tell the wife that I'm taking her for a meal tonight. Doesn't mean anything if it doesn't actually happen. (** Disclaimer: I am NOT taking her for a meal)

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:41 - Aug 7 with 1905 viewsFreddies_Ears

Right now, we are nowhere near championship level. I've been fascinated and horrified to see how much quicker and better Championship sides are, based on tv games (a bit of a horror flick), with the benefit of not being invested in the outcome.

But. We do have potential. And being in a much, much easier league gives us a chance to learn, get some momentum, build confidence and iron out errors without them being as costly. (Burton's shooting, crossing and dead-ball-taking was terrible, for example).

I'm quite critical of many decisions in recent years, but I'm broadly positive for this season.

Oh, and the ticket office does look a lot smarter... it'll be doing a lot of business if we do well!
Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:47 - Aug 7 with 1861 viewsBobbychase

I'd add El Mizouni into the list of promising youngsters. Dozzell needs to be careful that Mizouni doesn't pass him by. Seems to have the same range of skills and a bit more physicality and drive

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:51 - Aug 7 with 1830 viewsBarneycurley

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:47 - Aug 7 by Bobbychase

I'd add El Mizouni into the list of promising youngsters. Dozzell needs to be careful that Mizouni doesn't pass him by. Seems to have the same range of skills and a bit more physicality and drive

Agree re El Miz. I haven't seen enough of either though but I do sometimes wonder if Dozzell Jr is hyped a bit because of the name and the desperate wish to bring another through like his dad?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:52 - Aug 7 with 1822 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not really sure the Garbutt comments indicate he’ll be here next year anymore than already known. If we really wanted to I’m sure we could get a deal done for him now, but as it stands there’s as much chance he becomes the next Will Keane (or countless others before him) as there is being here next season

Bart won’t be here next season, unless we get promoted and Holy turns out to be sh*t

Last comment is encouraging although it will be interesting to see what happens if we’re firmly in mid table come Jan/Feb - hopefully not something we’ll get to find out

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:58 - Aug 7 with 1798 viewsrosseden

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:47 - Aug 7 by Bobbychase

the way he got away from the 2 burton defenders in the corner on Saturday was something i cant see Dozy doing.....

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Login to get fewer ads

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 11:59 - Aug 7 with 1788 viewsWD19

I think lots of things, Garbutt included, are likely dependent on us going up.

The overriding sense I got from the whole piece was that ME is properly narked at the abuse he gets for propping us up each and every year.

Yes he could probably ease that by talking more, but it is clearly something that doesn’t come naturally.

Overall it read like a checklist of stuff taken from off TWTD, so he clearly has staff with their ear to the ground.
Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 12:06 - Aug 7 with 1732 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"That said we do have funds available for a further two or three new players the manager and I would like to secure before the end of the window, to bring that bit extra to the squad and I hope that those we are targeting can be secured on terms that work for Ipswich."

Sounds promising but until the players come in the door that is just a soundbite.

If we get 3 players who significantly improve the squad - be that short term, free or whatever - great. Worse would be players who are no better than what we have just to add numbers and block the progress of the younger ones ME says himself need to be given a chance.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 16:16 - Aug 7 with 1516 viewssolemio

I have given you an uppie, partly because I agree with much of what you say, but also because you got the apostrophe in the right place in your thread title.
Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 16:32 - Aug 7 with 1463 viewsbraveblue

All nonsense I’m afraid.

If Garbutt does well he can go anywhere. We cannot compete.

Bart. Who knows?

Youngsters. Anyone having a great season and attracting Premier league interest will be sold straight away. No long term team building.

Sorry, but as usual with this guy his actual actions do not reflect the spin.
Three Encouraging Soundbites from Evans' Article... on 21:30 - Aug 7 with 1107 views3_5_2

Agree ive been impressed with him, he seems to play without fear

much as I would love AD to succeed with us (for his dad as much as anything else) I am not convinced he will with us, it just doesn't seem to happen for him and that injury was just so badly timed

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024