Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So hows he doing... 22:25 - Aug 24 with 3908 viewsTranmerefan

Mr Norwood?

I see hes missed a penalty but also scored 4?

Whats his all round game been like?

Have you lot taken to him?

From the highlights of your game ive just watched, he scored two and also managed two assists? Not bad. We played Bolton last week and also managed a 5-0 win. Obviously they are terrible but you can only beat whats put infront of you. I must say though, after our rivalry with Bolton from years ago it was still highly amusing, especially given their fans giving us dogs abuse on social media after we dropped into non league!

All the best.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 22:27]
So hows he doing... on 22:28 - Aug 24 with 3432 viewsIllinoisblue

Become a cult hero in just a few weeks. Warrior on the field, A+ Twitter game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So hows he doing... on 22:29 - Aug 24 with 3441 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Was it highly amusing? If we drew Norwich under 21s in the Checkatrade Trophy (or whatever it’s called now), and won 5-0, I certainly wouldn’t be using it as a stick to beat them with. Let alone smashing a bunch of youngsters where half of them won’t even become footballers in their actual careers after this season. Also, as much as I hate the Scum, I wouldn’t be glloating if they were going bust. Reflects badly on your fans from what I’ve heard about Tranmere enjoying the demise of Bolton.

As for Norwood, I’m still p**sing myself that he let his contract run down at your club so we nabbed him for free. Probably the best bit of business from any club in the league this summer.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So hows he doing... on 22:31 - Aug 24 with 3400 viewsSomethingBlue

So far pretty much as promised — missing a few but scoring goals and never shirking anything from first whistle to last. Already something of a cult figure to the fans; engages really well away from the pitch, as you'll know, which means he has a lot of credit built up. The sort of character we've needed in our squad really, both on and off the field, and the signs are that he will do well here.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So hows he doing... on 22:34 - Aug 24 with 3347 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So hows he doing... on 22:29 - Aug 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Was it highly amusing? If we drew Norwich under 21s in the Checkatrade Trophy (or whatever it’s called now), and won 5-0, I certainly wouldn’t be using it as a stick to beat them with. Let alone smashing a bunch of youngsters where half of them won’t even become footballers in their actual careers after this season. Also, as much as I hate the Scum, I wouldn’t be glloating if they were going bust. Reflects badly on your fans from what I’ve heard about Tranmere enjoying the demise of Bolton.

As for Norwood, I’m still p**sing myself that he let his contract run down at your club so we nabbed him for free. Probably the best bit of business from any club in the league this summer.

I was going to cancel out Sitters' downvote until I read your last paragraph. Feel more like adding to it instead now.

Every club has players that run down their contracts. It is nice we have benefitted this time but not one to rub their noses in.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So hows he doing... on 22:38 - Aug 24 with 3310 viewsFunge

He scores goals, likes wrestling, and has annoyed a few budgies. All within a 2 month period.

As such, and as far as I'm concerned, he has completed his probation period.

Check his time-wasting against Wimbledon the other night. Excellent stuff.
So hows he doing... on 22:45 - Aug 24 with 3220 viewsSitfcB

So hows he doing... on 22:34 - Aug 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was going to cancel out Sitters' downvote until I read your last paragraph. Feel more like adding to it instead now.

Every club has players that run down their contracts. It is nice we have benefitted this time but not one to rub their noses in.

Ha.

I was giving a downvote before I got to the last paragraph but that confirmed it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So hows he doing... on 22:45 - Aug 24 with 3220 viewsxrayspecs

He has made a really good first impression.

His movement and combative nature are first class. He is prepared to put in the hard yards too, which fans really appreciate.

I think he is still getting up to speed at L1 level and has missed chances that Champ forwards would bury.

Genuinely interested to see how he progresses over the course of the season.
So hows he doing... on 22:50 - Aug 24 with 3161 viewslinhdi

He misses more than he scores, but he is forever seeking to create chances. All-round play is a revelation, he works so hard and to good effect. His personality seems to have gone down well with players and fans alike.

If he keeps clear of injury, he'll score 30 for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

So hows he doing... on 22:52 - Aug 24 with 3150 viewsTranmerefan

Romford blue, yes its highly amusing to me and many TRFC fans. You obviously see it differently to me but when you've had countless Bolton fans (I get there are decent ones too) taunting you and taking the piss at your demise into non league and struggling money wise ourselves, you don't really feel sorry for them. Also if you had seen the behaviour of their fans last week at our place, rioting under the stand (plenty of arrests), throwing objects from their away end and driving past the Tesco after the game seeing a large group outside the Tesco slapping women and children round the back of the head on their way out of the shop. Maybe they shouldn't have lived beyond their means budget wise for all those Premiership 'glory years' too. Good at the time of course but when you've gotta pay back the wages of Anelka, Okocha and co it all catches up. 190 million I believe they borrowed. Its the same with Bury really, whlist I feel sorry for their fans, maybe they shouldn't of been paying wages of 4-5-6k a week to players? Basically borrowing money (basically cheating) to get another promotion, then dancing on other clubs pitches (ironically it was ours, twice in 2015 and last year) celebrating it. Obviously it caught them out too.

Anyway back to Norwood. I knew you lot would take to him. Sometimes (not often these days) hes frustrating. But he always dies for the team etc. He will score (if he stays fit) at least 20 goals for you this season. I also feel if you went up he would do well in the Championship too. Hes a right menace. Love the guy.
So hows he doing... on 22:55 - Aug 24 with 3126 viewsGarv

He's offside a lot. He's also on the large side, he clearly enjoyed a few pies on non league benches.

....on the other hand, he's always looking to make things happen by trying to get in behind and run onto things. And he's got great physicality, he'll challenge for everything even if he knows he won't win it (and he does win his fair share), if he can rough up the centre half in the process he will. Full of beans, gets back and doesn't mind defending. He's not the most cultured footballer, but no one said he was, his link play is good enough.

His goal against Wimbledon showed his desire to score, his goal against Peterborough showed his composure in front of goal, albeit an open one. I'm just about to enjoy watching his goals today.

As a side note, Luke Chambers was gagging to welcome a proper character to the club. Other than Skuse, there wasn't much I don't think to get the younger lads going. This opinion is sort of stolen from Stuart Watson, but Chambo seemed to be carrying that responsibility all on his own. You can definitely tell he's happy to have him around.

To clarify, my first comment was a joke.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 22:58]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So hows he doing... on 22:55 - Aug 24 with 3104 viewsElderGrizzly

Rommy’s on the sun and cider today
So hows he doing... on 23:00 - Aug 24 with 3051 viewsStewart27

Christ you look like a tit mate 😂
So hows he doing... on 23:02 - Aug 24 with 3037 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not rubbing their noses in it as such but it’s hilarious that we’ve managed to sign such a good striker on a free.

Why he chose us over the three championship clubs that were in for him I honestly don’t know.

So hows he doing... on 23:07 - Aug 24 with 2984 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So hows he doing... on 22:52 - Aug 24 by Tranmerefan

Romford blue, yes its highly amusing to me and many TRFC fans. You obviously see it differently to me but when you've had countless Bolton fans (I get there are decent ones too) taunting you and taking the piss at your demise into non league and struggling money wise ourselves, you don't really feel sorry for them. Also if you had seen the behaviour of their fans last week at our place, rioting under the stand (plenty of arrests), throwing objects from their away end and driving past the Tesco after the game seeing a large group outside the Tesco slapping women and children round the back of the head on their way out of the shop. Maybe they shouldn't have lived beyond their means budget wise for all those Premiership 'glory years' too. Good at the time of course but when you've gotta pay back the wages of Anelka, Okocha and co it all catches up. 190 million I believe they borrowed. Its the same with Bury really, whlist I feel sorry for their fans, maybe they shouldn't of been paying wages of 4-5-6k a week to players? Basically borrowing money (basically cheating) to get another promotion, then dancing on other clubs pitches (ironically it was ours, twice in 2015 and last year) celebrating it. Obviously it caught them out too.

Anyway back to Norwood. I knew you lot would take to him. Sometimes (not often these days) hes frustrating. But he always dies for the team etc. He will score (if he stays fit) at least 20 goals for you this season. I also feel if you went up he would do well in the Championship too. Hes a right menace. Love the guy.

Explained like that, it’s a much better argument than just it being ‘highly amusing’ that you battered a load of under 18s.

That being said, I still was pleased to see us win today, I just wouldn’t rub their noses in it personally. Feel sorry for any set of fans who might lose their club.

I agree about Norwood in the championship. I don’t understand why he chose us over the three Championship offers cos there’s no way we are paying a higher wage than he’d have got at those three clubs. Also, that first reply of mine wasn’t meant to be taken as rubbing your nose in it. Reading it back, it does look like that but that wasn’t the point I was trying to make. More that it’s laughable that Ipswich got him for free than yous losing him. Apologies.

So hows he doing... on 23:12 - Aug 24 with 2950 viewsTranmerefan

So hows he doing... on 22:55 - Aug 24 by Garv

He's offside a lot. He's also on the large side, he clearly enjoyed a few pies on non league benches.

....on the other hand, he's always looking to make things happen by trying to get in behind and run onto things. And he's got great physicality, he'll challenge for everything even if he knows he won't win it (and he does win his fair share), if he can rough up the centre half in the process he will. Full of beans, gets back and doesn't mind defending. He's not the most cultured footballer, but no one said he was, his link play is good enough.

His goal against Wimbledon showed his desire to score, his goal against Peterborough showed his composure in front of goal, albeit an open one. I'm just about to enjoy watching his goals today.

As a side note, Luke Chambers was gagging to welcome a proper character to the club. Other than Skuse, there wasn't much I don't think to get the younger lads going. This opinion is sort of stolen from Stuart Watson, but Chambo seemed to be carrying that responsibility all on his own. You can definitely tell he's happy to have him around.

To clarify, my first comment was a joke.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 22:58]

Yep, Norwood will always die trying. Hes not perfect but because hes always interested and trying to get involved he will normally have some impact, even if he doesn't score.

I remember a few years back we played Wrexham in our local derby away. We won 1-0 at their place and even though Nors didn't score their fans still were praising him after the game. Saying hes such a handful, didn't give their back line a seconds peace etc. Always challenging for everything, chasing every lost cause. Hes an absolute nightmare to play against and I already know hes going to score against us when we play you.

Hes a real character though and a great lad. Hes done a lot for TRFC and even though the poster Romford Blue is 'bragging' getting him for free it doesn't bother me. He deserves his chance to play for a bigger club and earn more. Also us Rovers fans are used to losing players for nothing. So its nothing new really.
So hows he doing... on 23:17 - Aug 24 with 2906 viewsFunge

So hows he doing... on 23:12 - Aug 24 by Tranmerefan

Yep, Norwood will always die trying. Hes not perfect but because hes always interested and trying to get involved he will normally have some impact, even if he doesn't score.

I remember a few years back we played Wrexham in our local derby away. We won 1-0 at their place and even though Nors didn't score their fans still were praising him after the game. Saying hes such a handful, didn't give their back line a seconds peace etc. Always challenging for everything, chasing every lost cause. Hes an absolute nightmare to play against and I already know hes going to score against us when we play you.

Hes a real character though and a great lad. Hes done a lot for TRFC and even though the poster Romford Blue is 'bragging' getting him for free it doesn't bother me. He deserves his chance to play for a bigger club and earn more. Also us Rovers fans are used to losing players for nothing. So its nothing new really.

He did a Youtube interview a couple of weeks back; one of our lot asked if he'd celebrate if he scored against Tranmere. His reply was succinct - he wouldn't.

I'm very pleased he's here. He will be key to us this year.

Good to see your lot back, by the way. I still got love for McGreal.
So hows he doing... on 23:23 - Aug 24 with 2857 viewsPJH

So hows he doing... on 22:50 - Aug 24 by linhdi

He misses more than he scores, but he is forever seeking to create chances. All-round play is a revelation, he works so hard and to good effect. His personality seems to have gone down well with players and fans alike.

If he keeps clear of injury, he'll score 30 for sure.

Yes, he does miss more than he scores-scoring at a rate of one goal every five or six chances at the moment I reckon.
He will get a load of goals but hopefully one of these games when he misses four or five will not cost us points.
So hows he doing... on 23:23 - Aug 24 with 2848 viewsTranmerefan

So hows he doing... on 23:07 - Aug 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Explained like that, it’s a much better argument than just it being ‘highly amusing’ that you battered a load of under 18s.

That being said, I still was pleased to see us win today, I just wouldn’t rub their noses in it personally. Feel sorry for any set of fans who might lose their club.

I agree about Norwood in the championship. I don’t understand why he chose us over the three Championship offers cos there’s no way we are paying a higher wage than he’d have got at those three clubs. Also, that first reply of mine wasn’t meant to be taken as rubbing your nose in it. Reading it back, it does look like that but that wasn’t the point I was trying to make. More that it’s laughable that Ipswich got him for free than yous losing him. Apologies.

Romford Blue its fine, no need for an apology. Us Rovers fans are used to losing good players for free anyway. Alan Mahon (Sporting Lisbon) fooked off and we didn't even get compo (overseas club etc) when he was easily a player of 1-2 million (mega money that for us). Plenty of others too, most recently Norwood of course but also 12 months earlier Andy Cook who had out scored Norwood previous two years. It felt like a giant wet fish slapping us across the face, then the same giant fish (extra wet) returning to hit us again (extra hard) when Norwood departed. We would have easily achieved 750k (at least) for Norwood had he been still under contract. Personally I don't blame him for running his contract down. Its what we would all do in jobs, jump ship etc and keep your options open. My current job pays me 'okay' but for triple (how much you paying him?) my wages id be gone too.

For the record though I think Nors made the correct decision joining you lot. Maybe if he had joined one of those Championship clubs he may of thought it would of been a step up too far? But joining you, a big club in League One its more development time then take you and himself to the next level and have more success. Hes a smart guy on and off the pitch.
So hows he doing... on 23:31 - Aug 24 with 2808 viewsTranmerefan

So hows he doing... on 23:17 - Aug 24 by Funge

He did a Youtube interview a couple of weeks back; one of our lot asked if he'd celebrate if he scored against Tranmere. His reply was succinct - he wouldn't.

I'm very pleased he's here. He will be key to us this year.

Good to see your lot back, by the way. I still got love for McGreal.

Cheers Funge.

Yeah McGreal was ace. Great player for us. I remember we sold Kenny Irons to Huddersfield for 750k then McGreal to you lot a week after maybe (not sure what that fee was?). Those to transfers out saved us from going under pretty much. The next year we somehow finished mid table in the old Division One (now Championship of course) and got to the League Cup final against Leicester which also gave us plenty of £ to keep us going. We also made the FA Cup quarters that year. Selling Jason Koumas to WBA for £2.25 million also helped few years after that. Things started going down hill though after that and money/ budget dried up.

Its horrible being a small selling club at times!!
So hows he doing... on 23:36 - Aug 24 with 2772 viewsFunge

So hows he doing... on 23:31 - Aug 24 by Tranmerefan

Cheers Funge.

Yeah McGreal was ace. Great player for us. I remember we sold Kenny Irons to Huddersfield for 750k then McGreal to you lot a week after maybe (not sure what that fee was?). Those to transfers out saved us from going under pretty much. The next year we somehow finished mid table in the old Division One (now Championship of course) and got to the League Cup final against Leicester which also gave us plenty of £ to keep us going. We also made the FA Cup quarters that year. Selling Jason Koumas to WBA for £2.25 million also helped few years after that. Things started going down hill though after that and money/ budget dried up.

Its horrible being a small selling club at times!!

Didn't realise you had the rivalry with Wrexham in full effect; that Bootlegger dude has obviously put a load of stuff on YT about Wrexham, and I assumed their big rivalry was with Chester....

(Bootlegger is a very funny man)

What was rhe chant you lot had - 'Do not be mistaken, do not be misled, we are not Scousers, we're from Birkenhead...'? Or similar....

Mate of mine is 'udders, and talks highly of Irons. Koumas was brilliant, or, at least, when he felt like it....
So hows he doing... on 23:49 - Aug 24 with 2717 viewsTranmerefan

So hows he doing... on 23:36 - Aug 24 by Funge

Didn't realise you had the rivalry with Wrexham in full effect; that Bootlegger dude has obviously put a load of stuff on YT about Wrexham, and I assumed their big rivalry was with Chester....

What was rhe chant you lot had - 'Do not be mistaken, do not be misled, we are not Scousers, we're from Birkenhead...'? Or similar....

Mate of mine is 'udders, and talks highly of Irons. Koumas was brilliant, or, at least, when he felt like it....

Yeah you've pretty much got the chant there. I don't really get offended when we are labelled as scousers. Scousers themselves call us 'plastic scousers' and trust me if you heard me talk next to a proper Liverpool born scouser you would notice the big difference. I actually sound 'posh' compared to them.

Koumas didn't realise his potential and should have been a Premiership footballer for much longer. Easily the most talented player ive seen in my time following Rovers. He was great for us but then didn't seem bothered making much of his career higher up. Very much a laid back attitude and spent a lot of time in the bookies wasting the fortune he earned. Even Steven Gerrard said Koumas was better than him in their age group when they were 17-18, streets ahead. But the attitude wasn't there and he ended up getting released and that's how we got him. If we weren't a Championship club back then though maybe we wouldn't have bagged him.

As for Wrexham their rivalry probably is bigger with Chester but maybe that's because we didn't play them for quite a few years. The games with them in the National League were always intense and big crowds. I would actually prefer them to come back up to the EFL though as id prefer 2,000 Wrexham fans in our away end than 200 Fleetwood etc.
So hows he doing... on 00:12 - Aug 25 with 2611 viewsSpruceMoose

I'd be gloating if it happened to Norwich. Maybe you have to be from here to really appreciate the rivalry though, I dunno. It's about more than just football. Looking at Bolton and Bury should make any town fan appreciate Evans to be honest. We might not be buying titles and promotions, but we have a club that's safe.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So hows he doing... on 00:43 - Aug 25 with 2496 viewsTranmerefan

So hows he doing... on 23:36 - Aug 24 by Funge

Forgot to add about Kenny Irons, I played against him in a charity match in 2007. I used to play for the Tranmere supporters side and we played Tranmere legends for charity etc. Irons turned up late, 15 mins into the game, stinking of Whiskey. He still took the p1ss though, still a great player even at 40 years old (?). Just ran the midfield even against lads with much better legs. His feet were still fast though and I suppose the proper professionals never really lose that. Played against the comedian John Bishop in that game too (came on as sub), his older brother Eddie played for us so he came along. He was marking me on a corner and because I was quite a distance taller than him, he resorted to trying to pull my shorts down instead obviously making the 400-500 crowd laugh. He didn't pull them all the way though and I called him a few things afterwards!
So hows he doing... on 00:52 - Aug 25 with 2459 viewsWacko

Spoken like a true 15-year-old

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

So hows he doing... on 01:20 - Aug 25 with 2411 viewsBlue_Moses

Missed 4-5 one-on-ones, possibly more - did he have that issue with you?

Overall play is good and he's started firing but he needs to work on that aspect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024