Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Field a strong team surely? 19:34 - Dec 5 with 1248 viewsTown_Boy

Very close to Wembley just go for it!?

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Field a strong team surely? on 19:52 - Dec 5 with 1226 viewsitfcjoe

No chance, would have been a stronger team if we were at home - almost anyone who will be in the 18 for the weekend league game will likely not travel

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Field a strong team surely? on 20:43 - Dec 5 with 1173 viewsPinewoodblue

Field a strong team surely? on 19:52 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

No chance, would have been a stronger team if we were at home - almost anyone who will be in the 18 for the weekend league game will likely not travel

Saturday before with either be FACup or no game at all.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Field a strong team surely? on 21:24 - Dec 5 with 1133 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Very close to Wembley"?

Last 16 so would need to win 3 matches. You suggest lumping everything on each of those 3 matches and presumably then the final too? Not sure how many league points that might cost but there is no way Lambert is about to change tack for Exeter away in a meaningless competition.

The more interesting thing would be, were we to get to the final, which of the many young fringe players who would have taken us there would get the chance to play on the hallowed turf.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Field a strong team surely? on 21:32 - Dec 5 with 1120 viewsPJH

Field a strong team surely? on 21:24 - Dec 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

"Very close to Wembley"?

Last 16 so would need to win 3 matches. You suggest lumping everything on each of those 3 matches and presumably then the final too? Not sure how many league points that might cost but there is no way Lambert is about to change tack for Exeter away in a meaningless competition.

The more interesting thing would be, were we to get to the final, which of the many young fringe players who would have taken us there would get the chance to play on the hallowed turf.

I agree that PL will not and should not play any of our more important players at Exeter.
We have six league games and possibly two F.A. Cup games before that Exeter game so even with PL's rotation policy most of our better players will be in need of a rest.
Field a strong team surely? on 22:25 - Dec 5 with 1063 viewsYallop

Definitely go for it. It's 20 years since we got to Wemburley and was another 20 before that.

Life's too short I want to see us back there before I peg it so we can't afford to miss this opportunity
Field a strong team surely? on 22:33 - Dec 5 with 1054 viewsActionMan

"Very close to Wembley"?

How many points has Lambert cost us by not playing strong teams for cup games during the long breaks since after both periods we lost against Accrington and Rotherham and failed to beat Wycombe and Blackpool at home. The results are proving that the resting has cost us points, not the other way round.

As for this "meaningless competition" guff, we've not won a domestic cup since 1978, we're in the third division as it is, what does that make us as a club? When would the next time we'd ever win a cup or play at Wembley without this competition? I'd say probably never. It's not 1981 anymore. Beggars cannot be choosers.
Field a strong team surely? on 22:35 - Dec 5 with 1052 viewsActionMan

Field a strong team surely? on 22:25 - Dec 5 by Yallop

Definitely go for it. It's 20 years since we got to Wemburley and was another 20 before that.

Life's too short I want to see us back there before I peg it so we can't afford to miss this opportunity

Careful....... suggesting we try to win a competition we qualify for is almost heresy these days! Remember everything we don't win is "mickey mouse" and because we won stuff over 30 years ago it makes us above this stuff ....
Field a strong team surely? on 22:46 - Dec 5 with 1039 viewsYallop

Field a strong team surely? on 22:35 - Dec 5 by ActionMan

Careful....... suggesting we try to win a competition we qualify for is almost heresy these days! Remember everything we don't win is "mickey mouse" and because we won stuff over 30 years ago it makes us above this stuff ....

Apart from the birth of my kids Wembley 2000 was the best day of my life. Experiencing that day with family and friends will live with me forever.

20 years on if I can have the opportunity to take my boy to see his beloved team at the home of football then surely this is what footy is all about. It certainly is for me!
Login to get fewer ads

Field a strong team surely? on 01:19 - Dec 6 with 962 viewstextbackup

Field a strong team surely? on 22:46 - Dec 5 by Yallop

Apart from the birth of my kids Wembley 2000 was the best day of my life. Experiencing that day with family and friends will live with me forever.

20 years on if I can have the opportunity to take my boy to see his beloved team at the home of football then surely this is what footy is all about. It certainly is for me!

i mean, kids being born is amazing, I've had it twice...... but its no Reeeeuserrrrrr is it.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Field a strong team surely? on 04:53 - Dec 6 with 915 viewsharlingblue

Just go for the League, but also go for the cups, with our squad we should be capable doing this?
Field a strong team surely? on 08:24 - Dec 6 with 835 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

"Very close to Wembley"?

If we got to Wembley surely Skuse and Chambo would play, for the service they have given us they deserve a trip to Wembley.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Field a strong team surely? on 08:26 - Dec 6 with 830 viewschicoazul

Field a strong team surely? on 22:25 - Dec 5 by Yallop

1000000% yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Field a strong team surely? on 08:30 - Dec 6 with 825 viewschicoazul

Field a strong team surely? on 08:24 - Dec 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

If we got to Wembley surely Skuse and Chambo would play, for the service they have given us they deserve a trip to Wembley.

Pretty sure if we get through the next game then the big dogs will play from the QFs onwards.
I am so sick of people slagging off the idea of us having a go in this competition. Alright, it's a mendacious tournament run as most things are nowadays for the benefit of the Premier League but as several other posters have already said, it's possible trip to Wembley to see us compete for a trophy. It's been so long since we had anything so exciting happen. So please, and I say this as one of the most cynical care-worn posters on here, park the care-worn cynicism and get a bit excited!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Field a strong team surely? on 08:45 - Dec 6 with 811 viewsBigManBlue

Hope so! The goodwill from a Wembley trip would be worth the extra game alone I'd think.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Field a strong team surely? on 09:07 - Dec 6 with 784 viewsElephantintheRoom

This absurd competition is one that no club is trying in. What is a wembley trip about in this competition other than celebrating farce and devaluing previous achievments?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Field a strong team surely? on 09:15 - Dec 6 with 773 viewsKeaneish

Why? We’ve been progressing without it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024