Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club 09:39 - Feb 12 with 2626 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

12 years’ worth of evidence corroborates that we have been poorly managed in just about every aspect of the club.

We could easily list 4 of the 5 managers Evans has appointed as the worst 4 in ITFC history. Even Mick, a success results wise, largely at the detriment to all of things that make supporters want to support their team, saw the second half of his tenure as somewhat of a joke, as he was thrown under the bus by Evans before Mick caused his own problems.

It is quite clear that under Evans we are highly likely to fall further and further away from the Championship and more importantly from the proud club that we rightly became over many, many years.

People will say what can we do, but there are plenty of examples of supporters making it quite clear they do not want the owners around anymore. Only recently Charlton fans succeeded in removing an owner they had a long running dispute with. Blackpool fans eventually wrestled back control of their club. We have to stop being so frightened that Evans is going to liquidate the club. He isn’t going to destroy his entire reputation and other business opportunities sticking it to an entire town, a town which — anywhere else — would have constantly been on his back over the past decade.

WE are complicit in this. Through allowing Evans to slowly destroy the club through poor footballing decisions, we are allowing this to happen to our club. It has to be time for us to come together and show him that we will not tolerate this any longer and set the wheels in motion for him to sell the club and move on with other ventures.

We also have to stop being so bloody afraid of another owner coming in and making the club worse. There are good owners and bad owners but it seems to me Evans is a 2 and there’s a whole dice worth of 3, 4, 5 and 6’s that can be rolled.

I don’t think Evans has been malicious in his decisions, he just has a certain way of running the club, seemingly on the cheap side and this seems to have slowly rotted away all that was good about the club.

Prior to joining us Jewell was a manager with a couple of promotions, Keane had got promoted at Sunderland, Lambert was seen as a coup for a club in our position and Hurst was one of the up and coming young managers who had been successful at all of his other clubs. There is one common factor. All of these managers made mistakes, some absolute clangers, but they were also in a position to make these mistakes. Perhaps the reason they’d succeeded elsewhere was because they operated under a different remit from those above?

We took an age to decide to break away from McCarthy and it is abundantly clear that Lambert is not the right manager and Evans is not the right owner. For 10 years he remained silent and we didn’t know his intentions but he’s shot himself in the foot, twice coming out to define his 5 point plan and his intentions, because it’s quite clear we are a million miles off this.

The fact he rewarded Lambert with a shocking 5 year deal suggests that it is not Lambert deviating from the plan, but that Evans is content with where the club is, losing less money than it was in the Championship whilst we meander along hoping for a slice of luck.

Lambert only has a remnant of good will left with the fans because the relationship was so poor between the club and the fans before he arrived, that he got a massive amount of credit in the bank through just doing what is normal at any other club. Without this, being analysed on results alone, we'd be hearing chants of Lambert Out regularly.

Yesterday, we travelled to one of the worse, smallest clubs in the divisions and played 8 defensive players in a vital game, having slipped out of the top 6 for the first time basically all season. This sort of thing is admired by Evans?

We have to start making it clear to Evans that we have had enough of his tenure. The club isn’t going to die, it will be sold and we will move on with someone else having a better than even chance of improving in my opinion.

The time to act is now.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 9:43]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:41 - Feb 12 with 2173 viewsPecker

I am pretty sure that anybody with a slight knowledge of football management would get more out of what we have than PL currently is. Yes we need investment, but we should still be better than we currently are.
Go on then, what are you going to do? (n/t) on 09:41 - Feb 12 with 2170 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:42 - Feb 12 with 2165 viewsartsbossbeard

If you collate a list of potential owner, I'll organise the mailshot.

Tip: Narrow your search to Russian Oligarchs, Saudi Oil gazillionaires and chuck in Scrooge McDuck also.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This sounds ridiculous, but.... on 09:42 - Feb 12 with 2162 viewsBloots

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:41 - Feb 12 by Pecker

I am pretty sure that anybody with a slight knowledge of football management would get more out of what we have than PL currently is. Yes we need investment, but we should still be better than we currently are.

....I genuinely think I could do better than Lambert.

I'm being serious.

Go on then, what are you going to do? (n/t) on 09:45 - Feb 12 with 2129 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Go on then, what are you going to do? (n/t) on 09:41 - Feb 12 by Bloots

Well a start would be for the Supporters Club to write to Evans listing all of the evidence as to why the club has gone backwards under his tenure and looks set to do so further. But we all know why they wont.

So it's really for the fans now to call for Evans to go. Consistent chanting before and after matches (not during) will get significant media attention and should make him at least consider hurrying up the process of looking at potential offers. It will also alert potential buyers that the fans are interested in a change and that Evans may willing to sell as a result.

It's what happens at every other club.

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:47 - Feb 12 with 2114 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:42 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

If you collate a list of potential owner, I'll organise the mailshot.

Tip: Narrow your search to Russian Oligarchs, Saudi Oil gazillionaires and chuck in Scrooge McDuck also.

Why?

Evans loses £6-7m per year currently.

Somebody buying the club off him for a quid is saving him £6-7m in the next year immediately.

If an interested party were to bid £10m, he'd bite their hand off. He is not capable of getting us back into a position where he will ever see a profit, so the best he can do now is to hope someone else has the ability, finances and expertise to do so, to sell the club and to agree to recoup some of the debt if we make it back to the PL within however many years.

This sounds ridiculous, but.... on 09:47 - Feb 12 with 2115 viewschicoazul

This sounds ridiculous, but.... on 09:42 - Feb 12 by Bloots

....I genuinely think I could do better than Lambert.

I'm being serious.

It's very weird because Lambo had seemed to accidentally settle on a way to beat most teams in this league in the first couple of months, kept it simple with 2 up front and a strong defence with the midfield occasionally chipping in with moments of quality. Then KVY got injured and Lambo for some reason slowly went insane. Not that we will ever get to hear a proper post-mortem but I would be interested in what his thinking was/is (if he has any).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This sounds ridiculous, but.... on 09:50 - Feb 12 with 2097 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

This sounds ridiculous, but.... on 09:47 - Feb 12 by chicoazul

It's very weird because Lambo had seemed to accidentally settle on a way to beat most teams in this league in the first couple of months, kept it simple with 2 up front and a strong defence with the midfield occasionally chipping in with moments of quality. Then KVY got injured and Lambo for some reason slowly went insane. Not that we will ever get to hear a proper post-mortem but I would be interested in what his thinking was/is (if he has any).

I think we benefitted from a fear factor initially.

We were this massive club that teams sat back against and we picked up 8 wins and 3 draws in the first 11, with quite a few 1-0's in there against teams who'd have been happy to take 0-0.

Accrington and Rotherham proved in 3 days that we couldn't handle teams coming at us and being physical, we were worked out and Lambert hasn't been able to respond in half a season.

Login to get fewer ads

Organise it then..... on 09:50 - Feb 12 with 2098 viewsBloots

Go on then, what are you going to do? (n/t) on 09:45 - Feb 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Well a start would be for the Supporters Club to write to Evans listing all of the evidence as to why the club has gone backwards under his tenure and looks set to do so further. But we all know why they wont.

So it's really for the fans now to call for Evans to go. Consistent chanting before and after matches (not during) will get significant media attention and should make him at least consider hurrying up the process of looking at potential offers. It will also alert potential buyers that the fans are interested in a change and that Evans may willing to sell as a result.

....have a word with Liz, and as you say, when she tells you to sod off get a fans group going.

Get Blue Action to change their "Lambo" tribute banner to "Shambo"

Organise it then..... on 09:51 - Feb 12 with 2082 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Organise it then..... on 09:50 - Feb 12 by Bloots

....have a word with Liz, and as you say, when she tells you to sod off get a fans group going.

Get Blue Action to change their "Lambo" tribute banner to "Shambo"

We have literally no other choice but to make it clear to Evans that he is not wanted.

We have no power to do anything else. That's the only way to expedite the process of him selling and someone else buying.

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:54 - Feb 12 with 2065 viewsartsbossbeard

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:47 - Feb 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Why?

Evans loses £6-7m per year currently.

Somebody buying the club off him for a quid is saving him £6-7m in the next year immediately.

If an interested party were to bid £10m, he'd bite their hand off. He is not capable of getting us back into a position where he will ever see a profit, so the best he can do now is to hope someone else has the ability, finances and expertise to do so, to sell the club and to agree to recoup some of the debt if we make it back to the PL within however many years.

What are the new owners actually buying?

An inflated/inflating wage bill, no ground and no guarantee that the gate receipts will be anywhere near where they've been this year.

What's attractive to a potential new owner? It was a "making a quick buck" sale based on impending promotion to the PL for Evans, which made it a worthwhile gamble.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Go on then, what are you going to do? (n/t) on 09:55 - Feb 12 with 2049 viewsartsbossbeard

Go on then, what are you going to do? (n/t) on 09:45 - Feb 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

"with just a handful of men, we'll start all over agaaaiinnn!

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:55 - Feb 12 with 2039 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's become abundantly clear that football is f*cked!

Even so called good owners like Steve Gibson, Peter Coates and Mel Morris struggle, and they have invested massively.

Yes, Evans is out of his depth and does have football expertise, but most clubs are struggling and not living up to fans expectations.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Organise it then..... on 09:56 - Feb 12 with 2028 viewschicoazul

Organise it then..... on 09:51 - Feb 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We have literally no other choice but to make it clear to Evans that he is not wanted.

We have no power to do anything else. That's the only way to expedite the process of him selling and someone else buying.

He doesnt care. Havent you figured it out yet? He doesnt care about what you think, or what anyone else thinks. He runs an enormous worldwide business and comes to very few games, and definitely wouldnt bother if there was a chance of anything like the protest you want. ITFC is a tiny loss-making part of his business.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:59 - Feb 12 with 1990 viewsSwansea_Blue

It'#s been abundantly clear for about 8 years!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:03 - Feb 12 with 1962 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 09:54 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

What are the new owners actually buying?

An inflated/inflating wage bill, no ground and no guarantee that the gate receipts will be anywhere near where they've been this year.

What's attractive to a potential new owner? It was a "making a quick buck" sale based on impending promotion to the PL for Evans, which made it a worthwhile gamble.

No ground is not true.

Coventry have no ground.

We have a ground on a long lease and a low rent.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:07 - Feb 12 with 1943 viewsartsbossbeard

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:03 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

No ground is not true.

Coventry have no ground.

We have a ground on a long lease and a low rent.

So no ground then.

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:12 - Feb 12 with 1905 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:07 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

So no ground then.

Lol, I'm not sure what it is that you don't understand.

It's really very simple.

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:13 - Feb 12 with 1898 viewsartsbossbeard

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:12 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lol, I'm not sure what it is that you don't understand.

It's really very simple.

Potential New Owner: "So, do you own the football Ground?"
ME: "No"

I'm not sure why you're arguing on this, it's basic stuff.

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:14 - Feb 12 with 1889 viewsitfcjoe

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:13 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

We do actually own the ground......just not the land it is on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:15 - Feb 12 with 1870 viewschicoazul

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:13 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

MEG do own the ground.

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:17 - Feb 12 with 1862 viewsartsbossbeard

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:14 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

We do actually own the ground......just not the land it is on

Exactly.

So if any potential new owner wanted to sell the town centre land to developers, build The Copdock Interchange Stadium and trouser the profits, it's a no-go.

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:17 - Feb 12 with 1852 viewsitfc48

Evans may have made some poor decisions however without him we could and probably would be in a far worse position. I find it bizarre that supporters think we have some kind of right to his wealth. As things stand, there's very little chance he'll see any return on his money in the next few years, if ever.

The problems started well before Evans. We never fully recovered after administration and unfortunately, that meant we were skint at the time serious money really started to take hold of Football.

If Evans walks away we're screwed as right now there are plenty more clubs more attractive to purchase than us and there aren't exactly many rich people that bleed Ipswich blue.
It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 1836 viewsRegencyBlue

Couldn't agree more!

Evans mindset was clear from the start when he appointed Clegg. Now I know Clegg has become something of a joke among Town fans but the rational behind his appointment, nothing to do with his ability to run a football club and everything to do with Evans getting his hands on London 2012 tickets, showed exactly where the Club stood in Evans interests.

He obviously thought he could make money out of Town without a great deal of effort and once he realised that wasn't going to happen he lost interest. I have no idea what he is still doing here but he is slowly killing the Club, even his most ardent supporter cannot argue the last twelve years have been anything other than relentless decline.

It is time for the fans to show him what they think of him but I doubt it will happen. Too many on here seem to think he is the new Messiah and any criticism of him means you are not a true fan.
It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 1830 viewsitfcjoe

It has become abundantly clear that Evans is main problem with this club on 10:17 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Exactly.

So if any potential new owner wanted to sell the town centre land to developers, build The Copdock Interchange Stadium and trouser the profits, it's a no-go.

Well then that should keep away the sort of owner that we don't want

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024