Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. 15:53 - Feb 13 with 2493 viewseddiespearitt03

Possibly the most accurate post on this forum for many years !!! The one significant link that puts together this abysmal mess is the lack of refreshing the squad. The one big failure of Evans. Evans has allowed this comfortable culture to ferment and become part of this club. Ridiculous decisions to reward failure with a longer contract. I agree that time is up on these senior pro,s who have their claws firmly dug in.
Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:07 - Feb 13 with 2439 viewsMrTown

There is no doubt there is a comfort culture at the club, was set by MM, not going up, not going down. Play your games, collect your cheque, no ambition.

To be fair to Hurst he tried to rattle that, probably didn't go how it should have.

The club would be in a better position now if he had been here for the same time as Lambert in my opinion.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:09 - Feb 13 with 2428 viewsHerbivore

Erm, we turned a load of players over in the summer of 2018 and ended up getting relegated. There's a lot of revisionism on this board of late.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:21 - Feb 13 with 2400 viewsmadmouse1959

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:07 - Feb 13 by MrTown

There is no doubt there is a comfort culture at the club, was set by MM, not going up, not going down. Play your games, collect your cheque, no ambition.

To be fair to Hurst he tried to rattle that, probably didn't go how it should have.

The club would be in a better position now if he had been here for the same time as Lambert in my opinion.

I felt Hurst would of eventually got his own squad of players the winning mentality. He had no chance of that at this club though. . If the players stop playing for you then there is only one outcome and consequently he was fired..That defeat @ Exeter was a turning point.,

shampoo dave

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:53 - Feb 13 with 2358 viewsjaykay

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:09 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

Erm, we turned a load of players over in the summer of 2018 and ended up getting relegated. There's a lot of revisionism on this board of late.

those who went were going anyway, webster and waghon were going on to better things and would have gone who was ever in charge. most wanted mcgoldrick of the payroll as for some reason he was always injured. he must have visited lourdes before signing for sheffield. i think people are saying right or wrong the one constant is skuse and chambers

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 17:00 - Feb 13 with 2328 viewsHerbivore

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:53 - Feb 13 by jaykay

those who went were going anyway, webster and waghon were going on to better things and would have gone who was ever in charge. most wanted mcgoldrick of the payroll as for some reason he was always injured. he must have visited lourdes before signing for sheffield. i think people are saying right or wrong the one constant is skuse and chambers

Yeah, those people are talking guff though. They're what Mick would have referred to as numbskulls and they're still numbskulling two years down the line.

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 17:55 - Feb 13 with 2239 viewsBlueBadger

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:53 - Feb 13 by jaykay

Waghorn, by all accounts, was happy to stay until he realised what Hurst was like.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 17:57 - Feb 13 with 2231 viewsBlueBadger

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:07 - Feb 13 by MrTown

How is consistently finishing higher than the average ability of your players might suggest suggestive of complacency?

Last season and this season are what complacency truly looks like.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 18:01 - Feb 13 with 2225 viewsSomethingBlue

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:09 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

I'd add that in any case there is not a single club on earth where the senior players don't wield a degree of influence.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 18:08 - Feb 13 with 2193 viewsBlueBadger

I like how Mick's players were both rubbish players who over-performed to achieve consistent top-half finishes and also massively complacent wasters who are the main reason we got relegated.

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 18:11 - Feb 13 with 2182 viewsBlueBadger

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 16:21 - Feb 13 by madmouse1959

I felt Hurst would of eventually got his own squad of players the winning mentality. He had no chance of that at this club though. . If the players stop playing for you then there is only one outcome and consequently he was fired..That defeat @ Exeter was a turning point.,

LOL

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 18:21 - Feb 13 with 2159 viewsjaykay

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 17:55 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

Waghorn, by all accounts, was happy to stay until he realised what Hurst was like.

link or is was it a rumour

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 18:24 - Feb 13 with 2152 viewsjaykay

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 18:08 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

I like how Mick's players were both rubbish players who over-performed to achieve consistent top-half finishes and also massively complacent wasters who are the main reason we got relegated.

who said micks players were rubbish when he was here. you beginning to sound like trump and boris with all these stories

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 18:26 - Feb 13 with 2144 viewsBlueBadger

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 18:24 - Feb 13 by jaykay

who said micks players were rubbish when he was here. you beginning to sound like trump and boris with all these stories

Lots of people did, and still do. Skuse and Chambers, in particular.

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 09:28 - Feb 14 with 1946 viewsurbanblue

Thank you Sir. The main gist of my post was to generate the debate on whether this was going on. It was an aspect that no one had seemed to have looked at on here. Some seemed to think that I was claiming that this was actually the case. I wasn't ... I don't know any more then anyone else.

What I do know is that Chambers is the Senior Pro and captain of a failing team that doesn't seem to know how it wants to play. He has made so many errors over the past two seasons that anyone else would have been long gone (Step forward Emmanual, Spence, N'siala et al). He just seems to be bullet proof to criticism or being dropped. Harrison made a mug of him in the Portsmouth game. it was indicated that there may have been an issue between them ... Is that more evidence? Is that why Harrison didn't fit in?

I really, really, would love to see how the club and team would be without him. Harsh I know but there it is!
Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 09:35 - Feb 14 with 1903 viewsHerbivore

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 09:28 - Feb 14 by urbanblue

Thank you Sir. The main gist of my post was to generate the debate on whether this was going on. It was an aspect that no one had seemed to have looked at on here. Some seemed to think that I was claiming that this was actually the case. I wasn't ... I don't know any more then anyone else.

What I do know is that Chambers is the Senior Pro and captain of a failing team that doesn't seem to know how it wants to play. He has made so many errors over the past two seasons that anyone else would have been long gone (Step forward Emmanual, Spence, N'siala et al). He just seems to be bullet proof to criticism or being dropped. Harrison made a mug of him in the Portsmouth game. it was indicated that there may have been an issue between them ... Is that more evidence? Is that why Harrison didn't fit in?

I really, really, would love to see how the club and team would be without him. Harsh I know but there it is!

Comparing him to Spence, Emmanuel and Nsiala? Blimey.

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 09:39 - Feb 14 with 1892 viewshype313

It stems from the top, when Mick's remit was to just make sure he kept us in the championship, then you can see why apathy runs through the club.

Chambers is a great bloke, talks eloquently about the club, the area etc, but let's not get this twisted, he has been on easy street for a number of years, if he was at any other club with ambition then he would have been culled a long time back.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 09:45 - Feb 14 with 1865 viewsPecker

Not sure that is player power? Poor management is what I would put that down to.
Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 10:56 - Feb 14 with 1793 viewsJakeITFC

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 17:55 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

I don’t think this is true about Waghorn, but Hurst certainly didn’t endear himself to anybody early on.
Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 11:02 - Feb 14 with 1782 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. We've had a ridiculous churn of players in the past couple of years.

Arguably it's the lack of a player culture since Mick was here that's seen us slide towards midtable in the league below despite spending more and supposedly "refreshing" the squad.

Pronouns: He/Him

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 13:11 - Feb 14 with 1725 viewsHerbivore

Urban Blues post. Ref: Player power at this club. on 11:02 - Feb 14 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. We've had a ridiculous churn of players in the past couple of years.

Arguably it's the lack of a player culture since Mick was here that's seen us slide towards midtable in the league below despite spending more and supposedly "refreshing" the squad.

When people talk about refreshing the squad what they really mean is that they're unhappy about two of 'Mick's boys' still being here, depsite those players being more or less ever present in sides that regularly finished in the top half of the Championship. What we really needed was to get rid of them as well and bring in another Nsiala and Nolan, obviously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024