Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School's out for the summer 14:43 - Mar 18 with 2287 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well, until the end of Easter. Wales and Scotland leading the way again.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51928400

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

School's out for the summer on 14:46 - Mar 18 with 2272 viewshype313

Regardless of what we do in England, today is my sons last day in school.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

School's out for the summer on 14:51 - Mar 18 with 2230 viewsFtnfwest

yeah why hasn't the English parliament announc.... oh wait
School's out for the summer on 14:52 - Mar 18 with 2226 viewsclive_baker

Down to the bare bones in Wales & Scotland apparently with regards to teachers.

England and NI to follow suit very soon.

4 week lockdown. Let's hope it helps stop this fecker spreading too much further.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

School's out for the summer on 14:54 - Mar 18 with 2212 viewsSwansea_Blue

School's out for the summer on 14:46 - Mar 18 by hype313

That's been very much the case here, schools have only been about a quarter to a third full for all of this week. Shows how people are making decisions based on the picture globally, which is why we need international cooperation at least, if not similar responses (allowing for local issues of course).

School's out for the summer on 14:58 - Mar 18 with 2191 viewsSwansea_Blue

School's out for the summer on 14:51 - Mar 18 by Ftnfwest

yeah why hasn't the English parliament announc.... oh wait

Wales and Scotland are trailblazers in governmental interventions. Smoking ban, plastic bag charges. We're on roll now - no stopping them

School's out for the summer on 14:58 - Mar 18 with 2189 viewsPinewoodblue

Nicola has said there is no guarantee schools will reopen before the summer holidays.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

School's out for the summer on 15:03 - Mar 18 with 2164 viewsmonytowbray

School's out for the summer on 14:58 - Mar 18 by Pinewoodblue

Nicola has said there is no guarantee schools will reopen before the summer holidays.

What are estimates for these measures in other countries? Are they looking at similar lengths?

Is it based on Wuhan measures?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

School's out for the summer on 15:32 - Mar 18 with 2132 viewshomer_123

School's out for the summer on 14:54 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

That's been very much the case here, schools have only been about a quarter to a third full for all of this week. Shows how people are making decisions based on the picture globally, which is why we need international cooperation at least, if not similar responses (allowing for local issues of course).

Not really, the UK are using nudge tactics to get people to take this seriously, it's working, which is why you are finding that the Gov doesn't need to say close this, close that - it's happening as decisions are being made my individuals to do the right thing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

School's out for the summer on 15:36 - Mar 18 with 2119 viewsStokieBlue

School's out for the summer on 14:58 - Mar 18 by Pinewoodblue

That's a disaster if true.

Some kids will have 6 months of their education taken away (not all parents will bother educating them at home) and some parents just won't be able to look after them for that long with work etc.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

School's out for the summer on 15:39 - Mar 18 with 2103 viewsSwansea_Blue

School's out for the summer on 15:32 - Mar 18 by homer_123

Not really, the UK are using nudge tactics to get people to take this seriously, it's working, which is why you are finding that the Gov doesn't need to say close this, close that - it's happening as decisions are being made my individuals to do the right thing.

Maybe happening slowly. But it took a change of strategy 2 days ago to get things moving (and they're still not moving as quickly as other countries who've had more direct instruction).

School's out for the summer on 15:43 - Mar 18 with 2097 viewsjudespiveyg

I'm at school and am supposedly sitting my A-levels this summer. I hate the current situation, as students we've been left in the dark as to if and when the exams are taking place. And what's the case if they're pushed into the summer, regarding university applications? Do we go off predicted grades? Difficult given there are more offers than places. There's just no clarity to the whole situation.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

School's out for the summer on 15:55 - Mar 18 with 2063 viewsStokieBlue

School's out for the summer on 15:43 - Mar 18 by judespiveyg

I'm at school and am supposedly sitting my A-levels this summer. I hate the current situation, as students we've been left in the dark as to if and when the exams are taking place. And what's the case if they're pushed into the summer, regarding university applications? Do we go off predicted grades? Difficult given there are more offers than places. There's just no clarity to the whole situation.

Unfortunately I don't think they can give you answers at the moment and if they did they would be pure guesses. Nobody really knows how things will be in a few months so how can they provide clarity?

I understand it must be horrible though and you must be worried :(.

SB

School's out for the summer on 15:57 - Mar 18 with 2055 viewsRadlett_blue

School's out for the summer on 15:43 - Mar 18 by judespiveyg

I have sympathy for you, but how could the situation be "clarified" as no-one knows when people can take A levels or when existing University students can complete their degrees, allowing the next generation to take their places?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

School's out for the summer on 16:15 - Mar 18 with 2028 viewsSouperJim

School's out for the summer on 15:36 - Mar 18 by StokieBlue

Some kids will have 6 months of their education taken away (not all parents will bother educating them at home) and some parents just won't be able to look after them for that long with work etc.

SB

We've spent the week ramping up preparation for distance learning (FE), my eldest's school (middle) are also doing the same and will be delivering learning through google. It's far from ideal, but might actually push through some much needed progress in this area.

We know exams will have to be pushed back and it's hugely frustrating for our students who are in the middle of their final major projects having spent 2 years studying.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

School's out for the summer on 16:22 - Mar 18 with 2007 viewsStokieBlue

School's out for the summer on 16:15 - Mar 18 by SouperJim

We've spent the week ramping up preparation for distance learning (FE), my eldest's school (middle) are also doing the same and will be delivering learning through google. It's far from ideal, but might actually push through some much needed progress in this area.

We know exams will have to be pushed back and it's hugely frustrating for our students who are in the middle of their final major projects having spent 2 years studying.

Hard for some younger kids as well, for instance how are the 11+ going to be handled? Getting a good mark in those and into a good school can really setup a child's future.

It's a mess but it's also nobody's fault.

SB

School's out for the summer on 16:30 - Mar 18 with 1977 viewsjudespiveyg

School's out for the summer on 15:57 - Mar 18 by Radlett_blue

I have sympathy for you, but how could the situation be "clarified" as no-one knows when people can take A levels or when existing University students can complete their degrees, allowing the next generation to take their places?

Thanks and yeah I know. It's just massively frustrating and I wanted to vent a bit.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

School's out for the summer on 16:31 - Mar 18 with 1974 viewsPinewoodblue

School's out for the summer on 15:36 - Mar 18 by StokieBlue

SB

More worryingly it suggests the examination season with be postponed, or at the very least significantly disrupted.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

School's out for the summer on 16:34 - Mar 18 with 1959 viewsclive_baker

School's out for the summer on 16:30 - Mar 18 by judespiveyg

Thanks and yeah I know. It's just massively frustrating and I wanted to vent a bit.

Nothing wrong with that, vent away chap.

My advice to you is to try not to worry. What will be will be, and your peers are all in the same boat, so it's all relative. It's hard to give direction on something when there are so many unknowns, but keep following the advice and put yourself in the best position to kick on when the future is a little clearer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

School's out for the summer on 16:37 - Mar 18 with 1940 viewsmanchego

School's out for the summer on 14:46 - Mar 18 by hype313

It's absurd.
Private schools shut last week along with most Universities.
My school sent Y9 and Y10 home because no staff.
Others are just teaching y11 and 13.
Hundreds of parents deciding to keep kids at home.
Just now, Scottish and Welsh school closed.

Govt : "school closure is on the table".
Well don't worry yourself because everyone is dealing with it themselves.

Just when you need leadership.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024