Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses 22:55 - Apr 13 with 2079 viewssparks

Both immigrants.

Now- lets get Brexit done and stop these leeches getting in.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 23:41 - Apr 13 with 1600 viewsLord_Lucan

As a remainer myself that sort of comment is why I find fellow remainers a bit stooopid

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:22 - Apr 14 with 1499 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Embarrassing post

A tiny minority of actual racist nuts aside, any Brexiteer pointing to immigration is against free movement of labour, not restricting skilled labour that we actually need such as those supporting the NHS

It’s posts like this that make any kind of reasoned debate on the subject impossible

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:36 - Apr 14 with 1459 viewsm14_blue

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:22 - Apr 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Embarrassing post

A tiny minority of actual racist nuts aside, any Brexiteer pointing to immigration is against free movement of labour, not restricting skilled labour that we actually need such as those supporting the NHS

It’s posts like this that make any kind of reasoned debate on the subject impossible

Whilst I’m sure you’re right, there’s also no denying that we as a country have made people like those nurses feel incredibly unwelcome. There’s a reason they are leaving in droves and arriving in far fewer numbers.

The rhetoric around the referendum didn’t contain that nuance and there was some utterly shameful posturing around immigration.

Saying we don’t want people like you but we don’t mind you personally because you have skills we need is hardly a welcoming message.
Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:52 - Apr 14 with 1404 viewsHerbivore

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:36 - Apr 14 by m14_blue

Whilst I’m sure you’re right, there’s also no denying that we as a country have made people like those nurses feel incredibly unwelcome. There’s a reason they are leaving in droves and arriving in far fewer numbers.

The rhetoric around the referendum didn’t contain that nuance and there was some utterly shameful posturing around immigration.

Saying we don’t want people like you but we don’t mind you personally because you have skills we need is hardly a welcoming message.

Agreed. Sparks' post is rather simplistic and a little dim witted, but it's incredibly naive to suggest that we've always been clear that nurses are welcome here despite Brexit. The rhetoric of the leave campaign certainly didn't create that impression and this government recently set a wage threshold to define 'skilled' workers that is above the average wage of a nurse. Again, that's not really sending out a 'you're still welcome here' kind of vibe.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:59 - Apr 14 with 1384 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Did you get that bottle of wine then Sparks?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:28 - Apr 14 with 1311 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:36 - Apr 14 by m14_blue

I agree to a point - although I think that in part goes back to being unable to have a nuanced debate which means only the most extreme views get heard

I don’t agree with the last paragraph at all though - to me that kind of view is simply common sense

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:29 - Apr 14 with 1316 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

ignore that uppy meant to a down vote

Nothing wrong with skilled labour being here its the non skilled eastern Europeans that are the issue
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 10:41]
Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:31 - Apr 14 with 1302 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:29 - Apr 14 by Cotton_eyed_joe

Nothing wrong with skilled labour being here its the non skilled eastern Europeans that are the issue

Unfortunately this is also the sort of post which is incredibly unhelpful, even if what I think you’re getting at is in line with my post above

Login to get fewer ads

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:35 - Apr 14 with 1291 viewsDanTheMan

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:31 - Apr 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Unfortunately this is also the sort of post which is incredibly unhelpful, even if what I think you’re getting at is in line with my post above

So you're saying that doesn't add to the reasoned debate?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:38 - Apr 14 with 1276 viewsHerbivore

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:29 - Apr 14 by Cotton_eyed_joe

Jesus wept.

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:38 - Apr 14 with 1280 viewsLord_Lucan

The Eastern Europeans are brilliant workers and are amongst those that are exactly the type of people we should be encouraging.

Your post is as stoopid as the OP

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:39 - Apr 14 with 1274 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:35 - Apr 14 by DanTheMan

So you're saying that doesn't add to the reasoned debate?

Not really, no

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:43 - Apr 14 with 1254 viewsgiant_stow

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:52 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

Agreed. Sparks' post is rather simplistic and a little dim witted, but it's incredibly naive to suggest that we've always been clear that nurses are welcome here despite Brexit. The rhetoric of the leave campaign certainly didn't create that impression and this government recently set a wage threshold to define 'skilled' workers that is above the average wage of a nurse. Again, that's not really sending out a 'you're still welcome here' kind of vibe.

'Sparks' post is rather simplistic and a little dim witted'

Bully's not going to like that!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:49 - Apr 14 with 1227 viewsbritbiker

Waits for the standard 'hilarious' response of a sentance deliberately spelt by a supposedly racist idiot who voted for brexit.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 8:50]
Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:50 - Apr 14 with 1213 viewsHerbivore

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:31 - Apr 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Weird that you're more charitable to this xenophobic nonsense than to the OP. Each to their own I guess.

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:53 - Apr 14 with 1195 viewsartsbossbeard

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:49 - Apr 14 by britbiker

Waits for the standard 'hilarious' response of a sentance deliberately spelt by a supposedly racist idiot who voted for brexit.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 8:50]

Even after you've edited it, I'm still lost.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 09:10 - Apr 14 with 1145 viewsm14_blue

This is the sort of view that you’re aligning with.

And you don’t see how that could make EU migrants feel unwelcome?
Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 09:11 - Apr 14 with 1140 viewssparks

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:43 - Apr 14 by giant_stow

'Sparks' post is rather simplistic and a little dim witted'

Bully's not going to like that!

Sparks hasnt read Herbivore's vitriolic abuse and OCDish downvoting for many years. I'd prefer if you didn't re-type it in a post I can read!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 09:19 - Apr 14 with 1122 viewsHerbivore

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 09:11 - Apr 14 by sparks

Sparks hasnt read Herbivore's vitriolic abuse and OCDish downvoting for many years. I'd prefer if you didn't re-type it in a post I can read!

That's not true, you took me off ignore a while ago but put me back on again when I showed you up for the thousandth time. You don't like being challenged and have a poor grasp of what constitutes vitriol.

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 09:19 - Apr 14 with 1119 viewsm14_blue

He was pretty much agreeing with you tbf.
Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 09:29 - Apr 14 with 1081 viewsgiant_stow

Oops! And noted.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 09:37 - Apr 14 with 1052 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 09:10 - Apr 14 by m14_blue

This is the sort of view that you’re aligning with.

And you don’t see how that could make EU migrants feel unwelcome?

No, I agree it isn’t helpful and I certainly don’t align with any view that Eastern European’s aren’t welcome

What I perhaps rather charitably thought the poster may have been getting at was that there have been subsets of those communities that have emigrated to areas of the UK such as Ipswich and caused a number of problems, which in my view makes it easy to understand why your average Ipswich resident may see that type of immigration as being an issue

Having re-read those posts though I was probably being too generous and you and Herbivore were right to comment on it
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 9:37]

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 10:03 - Apr 14 with 1010 viewsBlueBadger

Recruitment of skilled labour of the sort Boris has been praising has been essentially zero since January 2017.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 10:04 - Apr 14 with 1005 viewsBlueBadger

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 08:38 - Apr 14 by Lord_Lucan

The Eastern Europeans are brilliant workers and are amongst those that are exactly the type of people we should be encouraging.

Your post is as stoopid as the OP

Sadly, this is exactly the kind of recruitment that's almost completely dried up since we decided that we preferred blue passports to economic stability, workers rights and staffed hospitals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 10:05 - Apr 14 with 998 viewsBlueBadger

Lovely to see Boris praising the two nurses on 07:22 - Apr 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Embarrassing post

Trouble is, it's the skilled labour that's dried up in the vote of 2016. Recruitment of nurses(and others) from the EU is basically zero and has been since January 2017.

https://www.grunberg.co.uk/european-workers-appear-disinterested-uk-jobs-accordi
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 10:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024