Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together 08:58 - Apr 26 with 1472 viewsGlasgowBlue

I know this is really short notice but I’ve just woken up to see on the news something about the 2.6 challenge.

Today was supposed to be the London Marathon but for obvious reasons it’s been cancelled, depriving charities of much needed funds.

The 2.6 challenge is based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and takes place up and down the country today when the London Marathon would have taken place.

I’ve decided to do 26 half miles (13 miles). I’m not particularly fit at the moment and have put on a fair bit of weight since lockdown. I’ve done no training for this other than my normal two or three runs each week, although I've managed a couple of 10 mile runs recently so what’s another 3 miles on top? It’s also bloody scorching up here today. Aa I said, I wasn’t aware of this event until this morning.

I’ll upload my run to Strava when done so that you know I’ve done it.

So if you feel like chucking a few quid in my virtual charity tin then please donate.

Thanks
Glassers

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martin-s-2-6-challenge111
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 8:59]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 09:21 - Apr 26 with 1401 viewsbluelagos

Good luck, and don't be worrying about the imaginary 1 hour time limit :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 09:25 - Apr 26 with 1389 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 09:21 - Apr 26 by bluelagos

Good luck, and don't be worrying about the imaginary 1 hour time limit :-)

Cheers mate. I should add that I had a skinfull last night so feel a little worse for wear today.

Will do the run around lunchtime.

Iron Lion Zion

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 09:59 - Apr 26 with 1349 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ll open my laptop this morning and chuck some money that way.

I know Laggers said the time doesn’t matter. But it does.....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 10:14 - Apr 26 with 1322 viewsDubtractor

2 things.

1 - will lob some money your way, and having seen the clip this morning was thinking that I'll lob some money towards deserving charities myself. Anyone got some good suggestions of charities to support at this time?

2 - I've got an image of you as Alan Partridge after a toblerone binge now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 10:24 - Apr 26 with 1307 viewsKeno

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 10:14 - Apr 26 by Dubtractor

2 things.

1 - will lob some money your way, and having seen the clip this morning was thinking that I'll lob some money towards deserving charities myself. Anyone got some good suggestions of charities to support at this time?

2 - I've got an image of you as Alan Partridge after a toblerone binge now.

Just for this image alone!!

Glassers and Dolly?

[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 10:25]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 10:25 - Apr 26 with 1306 viewsEwan_Oozami

I've already cycled 26 miles today so will donate and put a few bob extra in for you as well - most of us will know what it's like to do sport with a hangover so chapeau to you for that! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 14:22 - Apr 26 with 1201 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just back.13.1 miles. My Apple Watch died right at the end so I’m hoping the run is saved. When it’s fully re charged I’ll upload it to Strava.

Thanks to those who have sponsored.

Iron Lion Zion

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 15:04 - Apr 26 with 1185 viewsLord_Lucan

Well done GB, and thanks for clarifying that 26 half miles is 13 miles.

Edit; I'll sling you a bone when I'm doing the bank tomorrow.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 15:05]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 16:15 - Apr 26 with 1127 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 15:04 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

Well done GB, and thanks for clarifying that 26 half miles is 13 miles.

Edit; I'll sling you a bone when I'm doing the bank tomorrow.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 15:05]

Cheers. I've uploaded the run to Starva but can't see how to link it on here. Only on Facebook.

I wouldn't advise anyone to do a half marathon on the spur of the moment and especially after polishing off a bottle and a half of Prosecco, 6 bottles of Moretti, two burgers, a selection of bar-b-q Chicken wings and a tub of Ben and Jerry's the night before.

Iron Lion Zion

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 16:28 - Apr 26 with 1095 viewsgainsboroughblue

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 16:15 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Cheers. I've uploaded the run to Starva but can't see how to link it on here. Only on Facebook.

I wouldn't advise anyone to do a half marathon on the spur of the moment and especially after polishing off a bottle and a half of Prosecco, 6 bottles of Moretti, two burgers, a selection of bar-b-q Chicken wings and a tub of Ben and Jerry's the night before.

Nice one Glassers!

Will do a donate thing later.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 16:38 - Apr 26 with 1080 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 16:15 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

At least you've knocked the diet coke on the head.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 18:26 - Apr 26 with 1032 viewsm14_blue

Top work GB
Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 18:44 - Apr 26 with 1014 viewsbrogansnose

You sure Mo Farah doesn't prepare for a run necking Italian fizz ? I did have to smile at the ' scorching up here' bit.
Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 18:58 - Apr 26 with 1003 viewsbluelagos

So was yer time Glassers?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 19:05 - Apr 26 with 989 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spur of the moment stupid bloody idea to raise money for NHS Charities Together on 18:58 - Apr 26 by bluelagos

So was yer time Glassers?

2h 7m

My personal best for half marathon is 1h 39m. So just under half an hour slower. That's down to being unfit, not in a competitive environment and finding a fit bird with a lovely bum to act as my unofficial pacemaker.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024