Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some people are idiots (part however many) 08:54 - May 7 with 1251 viewsGuthrum

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/06/its-irresponsible-washington-state

Would they do the same thing if it was Bubonic Plague going around?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:01 - May 7 with 986 viewsNotSure

I had this idea in March and it was discussed with friends.
Didn't do it though.

Covid Parties by NotSure 30 Mar 2020 14:48
If managed properly I think these are a good idea.

If you are young or healthy, get it, isolate yourself for 3 weeks and then go and do whatever you want. At least then you can be sure you won't infect anyone else. There's a very small chance your immune system might get over excited and kill you but nothing is truly safe.

Government could then produce Covid cards for anyone out and about which says I've already had it and isolated myself.

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:04 - May 7 with 976 viewssparks

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:01 - May 7 by NotSure

Didn't do it though.

If you are young or healthy, get it, isolate yourself for 3 weeks and then go and do whatever you want. At least then you can be sure you won't infect anyone else. There's a very small chance your immune system might get over excited and kill you but nothing is truly safe.

Government could then produce Covid cards for anyone out and about which says I've already had it and isolated myself.

It would have been and remains utterly stupid- when we do not have clear research on levels of immunity, or the prospects of passing it on to others. Especially at a time when there was real danger of overwhelming health services, and a percentage of any partaking were inevitably going to end up in hospital....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:15 - May 7 with 955 viewsfactual_blue

Yes - because Jesus is their vaccine.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:23 - May 7 with 940 viewsPendejo

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:04 - May 7 by sparks

It would have been and remains utterly stupid- when we do not have clear research on levels of immunity, or the prospects of passing it on to others. Especially at a time when there was real danger of overwhelming health services, and a percentage of any partaking were inevitably going to end up in hospital....

And, inevitably, some of them would die.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:25 - May 7 with 931 viewsPendejo

Mass Darwinism?

USA has many thousands of replacement workers waiting for their opportunity in Mexico

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:26 - May 7 with 929 viewsfooters

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:23 - May 7 by Pendejo

And, inevitably, some of them would die.

It's not a proper party unless someone dies, is it?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:27 - May 7 with 927 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is what concerns me with th immunity passport that is being discussed to allow more people to get back to work.

My concern is that a number of younger fit and healthy people will try to get Covid, believing they will recover quickly with no issues so they can have free reign to return to a “Norma life”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:29 - May 7 with 918 viewsfooters

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:27 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

This is what concerns me with th immunity passport that is being discussed to allow more people to get back to work.

My concern is that a number of younger fit and healthy people will try to get Covid, believing they will recover quickly with no issues so they can have free reign to return to a “Norma life”.

Well, if they're that stupid, give them all Darwin awards and let's crack on.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:31 - May 7 with 918 viewsNotSure

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:27 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

99.32% of all Covid-19 deaths are in people over 40.
So all under 40's should be allowed back to work immediately.
Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:35 - May 7 with 901 viewsm14_blue

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:31 - May 7 by NotSure

I don’t think you understand the fairly simple logic behind the lockdown.
Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:39 - May 7 with 881 viewsHerbivore

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:01 - May 7 by NotSure

Didn't do it though.

Proof if proof were needed that it's a bloody idiotic idea.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:42 - May 7 with 879 viewsNotSure

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:35 - May 7 by m14_blue

I don’t think you understand the fairly simple logic behind the lockdown.

The logic behind the lockdown was to protect the NHS.
Nobody wanted a healthcare system that couldn't cope.
Within 3 weeks of that lockdown deaths peaked and the curve was flattened.
Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:42 - May 7 with 874 viewsGlasgowBlue

And can you guarantee those under 40 won’t interact with anybody older or people who have underlying health conditions?

Unless you are advocating we go down the Logan’s run route.

Iron Lion Zion

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:44 - May 7 with 872 viewssparks

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:42 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

And can you guarantee those under 40 won’t interact with anybody older or people who have underlying health conditions?

Notsure's ignorance appears to know no bounds.

The concept of protecting the group appears to be lost on him.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:47 - May 7 with 859 viewsm14_blue

I was going to try and explain but I’m really not sure it’s worth the effort.
Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:48 - May 7 with 858 viewsNotSure

No, nobody can guarantee anything. Even during this lockdown young and old have been mixing in supermarkets.

You take personal responsibility, it shouldn't always be about the government telling you what to do.
Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:50 - May 7 with 848 viewssparks

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 09:48 - May 7 by NotSure

No, nobody can guarantee anything. Even during this lockdown young and old have been mixing in supermarkets.

You take personal responsibility, it shouldn't always be about the government telling you what to do.

Oh dear.

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:03 - May 7 with 812 viewsGuthrum

Best make it doubly safe and only allow under 10s out.

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:04 - May 7 with 805 viewsTangledupin_Blue

But not even this shambolic, inept, self-serving government would write off a generation because they are economically unproductive.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:05 - May 7 with 802 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:03 - May 7 by Guthrum

Best make it doubly safe and only allow under 10s out.

No blacks though. They are 4.2 times more likely to die of covid related deaths than whites.

So only white under 10's allowed out.

Iron Lion Zion

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:06 - May 7 with 799 viewsGuthrum

Also, where did you get that number from? Doesn't tally with any figure I've seen.

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:11 - May 7 with 791 viewsNotSure

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:06 - May 7 by Guthrum

Also, where did you get that number from? Doesn't tally with any figure I've seen.

England and Wales ONS death data spreadsheet
Use Tab "Covid-19 Weekly Occurences"

186 deaths out of a total of 29,710

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea
Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:14 - May 7 with 780 viewsgiant_stow

Youve been doing a fine job, but think you might have overplayed your hand a little here.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:17 - May 7 with 780 viewsGuthrum

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:11 - May 7 by NotSure

England and Wales ONS death data spreadsheet
Use Tab "Covid-19 Weekly Occurences"

186 deaths out of a total of 29,710

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea

Yes, you're right. Fewer than in the USA.

However, what about the people of all ages, including under 40s, who have not died, but instead suffered several weeks of debilitating illness, with possible long-term complications thereafter (e.g. permanent scarring to the lungs)?

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:28 - May 7 with 748 viewsNotSure

Some people are idiots (part however many) on 10:17 - May 7 by Guthrum

Yes, you're right. Fewer than in the USA.

However, what about the people of all ages, including under 40s, who have not died, but instead suffered several weeks of debilitating illness, with possible long-term complications thereafter (e.g. permanent scarring to the lungs)?

I don't know, what about them? I guess we treat them in hospital.
Life is a risk, I might get Cancer tomorrow, I might get MND or killed on my bike. We can't shut down our lives and our futures for this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024