Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Police violence videos 09:28 - Jun 5 with 8345 viewsDubtractor

On twitter I mainly follow bands that I like, plus a few bits and pieces, but very little things that are activist related.

But the shear number of really horrible incidents of unprovoked police violence that are popping up in my feed is remarkable.

That country is pretty fooked right now, when the people paid to protect citizens are doing exactly the opposite.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

US Police violence videos on 09:45 - Jun 5 with 3154 viewslowhouseblue

trouble is you can drop the 'right now'.

the problem with the us police is age old. the chances are that many of those videos are decades old. and nothing much seems to have changed with the us police. they have a huge and deep institutional problem with racism and violence in police forces across the us which doesn't go away.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

US Police violence videos on 09:55 - Jun 5 with 3129 viewsDanTheMan

US Police violence videos on 09:45 - Jun 5 by lowhouseblue

trouble is you can drop the 'right now'.

the problem with the us police is age old. the chances are that many of those videos are decades old. and nothing much seems to have changed with the us police. they have a huge and deep institutional problem with racism and violence in police forces across the us which doesn't go away.

What I find fairly incredible is that all of these protests are about police brutality, obviously with a twist that it is worse for black Americans than others.

But how have the police responded?

More brutality.

In what possible way is that going to help things? I just cannot understand it.

I am happy with live in a country where actually our Police (in terms of deaths) are incredibly safe.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

US Police violence videos on 09:59 - Jun 5 with 3111 viewslowhouseblue

US Police violence videos on 09:55 - Jun 5 by DanTheMan

What I find fairly incredible is that all of these protests are about police brutality, obviously with a twist that it is worse for black Americans than others.

More brutality.

I am happy with live in a country where actually our Police (in terms of deaths) are incredibly safe.

in all sorts of ways our police probably weren't great in the 70s and 80s - but there seems to have been a genuine process of institutional reform and challenge. what is inexplicable is that in the us where the problems are very much worse none of that process ever seems to have happened.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

US Police violence videos on 10:00 - Jun 5 with 3103 viewsGlasgowBlue

US Police violence videos on 09:55 - Jun 5 by DanTheMan

More brutality.

Other than a complete overhaul of policing in the US I dint see how this ever resolves itself.

We can point to Trump, and his racist rhetoric fans the flames, but I read somewhere that Minneapolis hasn’t elected a Republican this century and has had a Democrat Mayor, responsible for policing, for 42 consecutive years.

I don’t see this being resolved by party politics. I think it’s going to take generations. As a I posted last week slavery was only abolished in the US 155 years ago and Jim Crow was in my lifetime.

Racism is ingrained in American society.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 10:06]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

US Police violence videos on 10:03 - Jun 5 with 3101 viewsgordon

Presumably only a fraction of the police violence is caught on camera, as well.

(just realised there is a video at the end of the article)
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 10:05]
US Police violence videos on 10:05 - Jun 5 with 3088 viewsDanTheMan

US Police violence videos on 10:00 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

Other than a complete overhaul of policing in the US I dint see how this ever resolves itself.

We can point to Trump, and his racist rhetoric fans the flames, but I read somewhere that Minneapolis hasn’t elected a Republican this century and has had a Democrat Mayor, responsible for policing, for 42 consecutive years.

I don’t see this being resolved by party politics. I think it’s going to take generations. As a I posted last week slavery was only abolished in the US 155 years ago and Jim Crow was in my lifetime.

Agreed, I don't think this much to do with Trump. I think this is a bigger issue.

I don't think it makes it better, but their police system is absolutely crazy.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

US Police violence videos on 10:09 - Jun 5 with 3066 viewsSwansea_Blue

There are some disgusting scenes. Barbaric beyond words some of them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

US Police violence videos on 10:10 - Jun 5 with 3063 viewsgordon

US Police violence videos on 10:00 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

Trump can't be held responsible for the systemic racism in US society, but he can be held responsible for encouraging and enabling the brutality of the last week or so.
Login to get fewer ads

US Police violence videos on 10:21 - Jun 5 with 3025 viewsGlasgowBlue

US Police violence videos on 10:05 - Jun 5 by DanTheMan

Agreed, I don't think this much to do with Trump. I think this is a bigger issue.

I don't think it makes it better, but their police system is absolutely crazy.

It seems incredible that Congress was having to pass anti lynching laws as recently as 1968.

Iron Lion Zion

US Police violence videos on 10:23 - Jun 5 with 3020 viewsGlasgowBlue

US Police violence videos on 10:10 - Jun 5 by gordon

Trump can't be held responsible for the systemic racism in US society, but he can be held responsible for encouraging and enabling the brutality of the last week or so.

My Post wasn’t a defence if Trump but an understanding that this problem is ingrained in American society and there is no easy fix.

Of course he should be held accountable for his words and actions. That on its own will not fix a centuries old issue.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 10:24]

Iron Lion Zion

Domination of opponent v Hearts and Minds on 10:25 - Jun 5 with 3019 viewsPendejo

There have also, all too rare, examples of Hearts and Minds policing posted on social media, but it is clear the domination mind set is in the majority.

It's almost like domination is in an instruction manual for police chiefs who apply to the letter regardless of the problem faced, whereas "maverick" cops are providing a response to each case according to its own merits in the land of the free.

I have sympathy with those charged with law enforcement, especially when outnumbered (sometimes by openly hostile crowds), but strongly feel their leadership is somewhat lacking.

Who on earth thinks they can get away with lying when the use of modern phones means the exposure of the lie is all around the world in seconds, almost seems like their Police Chiefs are stuck in the 60s.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

US Police violence videos on 10:29 - Jun 5 with 3016 viewsLankHenners

The only way to have a hope of changing it is to defund the police as it is and reallocate funds to community centres, education, art programs etc. to build stronger communities that look after each other. Take their weapons away and only allow them for the highest trained officers so they can be used as an absolute last resort if there’s a case of terrorism for example.

Simply getting rid of Trump won’t help, as a lot of cities where police violence takes place have Dem mayors, governors, senators etc. which is why a new president coming in isn’t going to be some divine angel making everything sunshine and rainbows, especially not someone like Joe Biden. He doesn’t help though by spurring such acts on with his rhetoric and refusal to condemn it, instead blaming ‘Antifa’ for the violence, which sadly too many go along with, both there and over here - focus on a small number of unruly protestors taking things too far with no comment on the instigators and agitators of the violence.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

US Police violence videos on 10:40 - Jun 5 with 2981 viewsGlasgowBlue

US Police violence videos on 10:29 - Jun 5 by LankHenners

The only way to have a hope of changing it is to defund the police as it is and reallocate funds to community centres, education, art programs etc. to build stronger communities that look after each other. Take their weapons away and only allow them for the highest trained officers so they can be used as an absolute last resort if there’s a case of terrorism for example.

Simply getting rid of Trump won’t help, as a lot of cities where police violence takes place have Dem mayors, governors, senators etc. which is why a new president coming in isn’t going to be some divine angel making everything sunshine and rainbows, especially not someone like Joe Biden. He doesn’t help though by spurring such acts on with his rhetoric and refusal to condemn it, instead blaming ‘Antifa’ for the violence, which sadly too many go along with, both there and over here - focus on a small number of unruly protestors taking things too far with no comment on the instigators and agitators of the violence.

A lot of sense in that post.

Iron Lion Zion

US Police violence videos on 11:34 - Jun 5 with 2908 viewsSteve_M

Raiding gay bars too:

Just prejudice running riot, quite literally in many cases.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

US Police violence videos on 11:35 - Jun 5 with 2903 viewsgordon

US Police violence videos on 11:34 - Jun 5 by Steve_M

Raiding gay bars too:

Just prejudice running riot, quite literally in many cases.

US Police violence videos on 11:43 - Jun 5 with 2886 viewsgiant_stow

US Police violence videos on 11:35 - Jun 5 by gordon

It's difficult to comprehend how this can be happenning. That poor woman (who's a strong as an ox to take those blows, so a pathetic hats off to her).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

US Police violence videos on 11:44 - Jun 5 with 2883 viewsgordon

This one would likely be considered a war crime, if it happened during a war, of course.

US Police violence videos on 11:46 - Jun 5 with 2875 viewsgiant_stow

US Police violence videos on 11:44 - Jun 5 by gordon

This one would likely be considered a war crime, if it happened during a war, of course.

speachless.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

US Police violence videos on 11:49 - Jun 5 with 2862 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 11:46 - Jun 5 by giant_stow

speachless.

None of these videos surprise me.

It's not new. It's just being reported on now.

American police do not have the protect and serve mindset, no matter what their stupid mottos might say.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US Police violence videos on 11:52 - Jun 5 with 2859 viewsSwansea_Blue

US Police violence videos on 11:44 - Jun 5 by gordon

That guy seems to be doing a great job of compiling these acts of thuggery and lawlessness. They're beyond control. I really do hope that the various officers in question face criminal charges for one, and then there's a thorough review/purging of these practices.

I don't know if that's a realistic expectation though.

From a UK perspective, I'm struggling to put into words how shocking some of the behaviour is. They're like feral animals.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

US Police violence videos on 11:55 - Jun 5 with 2845 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 10:21 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

It seems incredible that Congress was having to pass anti lynching laws as recently as 1968.

Just yesterday Rand Paul was preventing the bill to designate lynching a federal crime from passing.

Lynching is not currently a federal crime.

In 2021.

Unbelievable huh?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US Police violence videos on 11:56 - Jun 5 with 2844 viewsfooters

US Police violence videos on 11:55 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Just yesterday Rand Paul was preventing the bill to designate lynching a federal crime from passing.

Lynching is not currently a federal crime.

In 2021.

Unbelievable huh?

Especially as you seem to have invented a time machine.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

US Police violence videos on 11:58 - Jun 5 with 2828 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 11:56 - Jun 5 by footers

Especially as you seem to have invented a time machine.

Ha. Fairly confident it still won't be a federal crime come 2031 for that matter!

US Police violence videos on 12:00 - Jun 5 with 2824 viewsfooters

US Police violence videos on 11:58 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Ha. Fairly confident it still won't be a federal crime come 2031 for that matter!

Still a popular practice in certain parts of Virginia...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

US Police violence videos on 12:01 - Jun 5 with 2825 viewsSteve_M

To add to the distastefulness of the thread, this one remains shocking for the casual brutality of it:

It will have more impact because of the demographic of the victim too, but probably still won't be shown on Fox.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024