Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Police violence videos 09:28 - Jun 5 with 8477 viewsDubtractor

On twitter I mainly follow bands that I like, plus a few bits and pieces, but very little things that are activist related.

But the shear number of really horrible incidents of unprovoked police violence that are popping up in my feed is remarkable.

That country is pretty fooked right now, when the people paid to protect citizens are doing exactly the opposite.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

US Police violence videos on 12:05 - Jun 5 with 2250 viewsgiant_stow

US Police violence videos on 12:01 - Jun 5 by Steve_M

To add to the distastefulness of the thread, this one remains shocking for the casual brutality of it:

It will have more impact because of the demographic of the victim too, but probably still won't be shown on Fox.

I was thinking the same about it being a old white guy in this case. Almost more shocking than the voilence is how none of them immediately go to check him.

They're behaving like a marauding army

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

US Police violence videos on 12:05 - Jun 5 with 2250 viewsSpruceMoose

To add to the distastefulness of the thread, this one remains shocking for the casual brutality of it:

It will have more impact because of the demographic of the victim too, but probably still won't be shown on Fox.

Like someone posted on another thread about that incident, the salt in the wound was that the instant reaction from the police was to cover it up.

The fella tripped and fell apparently.

Until the video came out.

Disgusting. This happens every day, often without evidence of a recording. A lot of people sure are 'tripping and falling' or 'reaching for a gun'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US Police violence videos on 12:08 - Jun 5 with 2248 viewsDubtractor

That is the one that prompted me to post. Utterly disgusting.

Not that any of the others aren't disgusting btw, but its an elderly chap trying to make a point, and then the policeman stopping the other from helping him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

US Police violence videos on 12:11 - Jun 5 with 2232 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 12:08 - Jun 5 by Dubtractor

Not that any of the others aren't disgusting btw, but its an elderly chap trying to make a point, and then the policeman stopping the other from helping him.

Aye.

It's strange what does and doesn't break through when, like you say, all these clips are horrendous. But there is something about that clip. The police are so arrogant. So dismissive and callous.

Like an occupying force.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US Police violence videos on 12:22 - Jun 5 with 2210 viewsurbanblue

Poor guy is in a serious condition ... Two officers suspended

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/us/buffalo-police-shove-protester-unrest.html

The videos coming out are leaving me numb. Can't believe it all appears to be tolerated.
US Police violence videos on 12:26 - Jun 5 with 2198 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 12:22 - Jun 5 by urbanblue

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/us/buffalo-police-shove-protester-unrest.html

The videos coming out are leaving me numb. Can't believe it all appears to be tolerated.

Suspended.

If I was to do that to a 75 year old bloke the next time I'm out and about do you suppose I would just be suspended from my job, or might I be arrested and charged with assault?

This won't get better until police stop protecting their own when they do wrong.

US Police violence videos on 12:31 - Jun 5 with 2174 viewsgordon

US Police violence videos on 12:26 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Suspended.

If I was to do that to a 75 year old bloke the next time I'm out and about do you suppose I would just be suspended from my job, or might I be arrested and charged with assault?

This won't get better until police stop protecting their own when they do wrong.

And it would help if the President didn't explicitly call for violence against protestors.
US Police violence videos on 12:51 - Jun 5 with 2156 viewsSwansea_Blue

Suspended.

Bonkers innit. And the initial 'he tripped and fell' police press release as well. They'd get away with it if they could.

Straight out of the 'he accidently walked into my fist' excuse book.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

US Police violence videos on 12:59 - Jun 5 with 2137 viewsSwansea_Blue

US Police violence videos on 12:22 - Jun 5 by urbanblue

The restraint of a lot of those protestors are showing in the face of being baton charged and tear gassed is something else. I'd be wanting to gun the b@strads down with my collection of USA's finest sub machine guns. They're better people than me.

US Police violence videos on 13:06 - Jun 5 with 2119 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 12:59 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

The restraint of a lot of those protestors are showing in the face of being baton charged and tear gassed is something else. I'd be wanting to gun the b@strads down with my collection of USA's finest sub machine guns. They're better people than me.

Just goes to show doesn't it?

Those on the right rock up with machine guns because they can't get a haircut

Those on the left respond to being beaten with an ever greater resolve.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:34]

US Police violence videos on 13:15 - Jun 5 with 2105 viewsKropotkin123

Maybe Trump is right, get the military in there. The ones in military uniform were the ones that attended to him when he was injured as the police move on to engage with another innocent civilian.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

US Police violence videos on 13:19 - Jun 5 with 2095 viewsSwansea_Blue

US Police violence videos on 13:15 - Jun 5 by Kropotkin123

Maybe Trump is right, get the military in there. The ones in military uniform were the ones that attended to him when he was injured as the police move on to engage with another innocent civilian.

Senior military people were making this point yesterday - reminding their staff publically (i.e. really reminding Trump) that they uphold the values of the constitution & the US, blah, blah, to protect its citizens. A little glimmer of hope that the country isn't all completely fecked.

US Police violence videos on 13:57 - Jun 5 with 2062 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 13:19 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

Senior military people were making this point yesterday - reminding their staff publically (i.e. really reminding Trump) that they uphold the values of the constitution & the US, blah, blah, to protect its citizens. A little glimmer of hope that the country isn't all completely fecked.

Shame the military didn't feel that way while they were dispersing protesters in DC the other night! The helicopter in the second clip clearly isn't providing medical support either.

US Police violence videos on 14:30 - Jun 5 with 2029 viewstextbackup

if that old bloke dies its on par with the kneeling on a neck, that country, that police force. what a mess

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

US Police violence videos on 14:56 - Jun 5 with 2004 viewsjaykay

US Police violence videos on 13:06 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Just goes to show doesn't it?

Those on the right rock up with machine guns because they can't get a haircut

Those on the left respond to being beaten with an ever greater resolve.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:34]

yeah but them middle class white kids

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

US Police violence videos on 14:58 - Jun 5 with 2002 viewsSwansea_Blue

US Police violence videos on 13:57 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Shame the military didn't feel that way while they were dispersing protesters in DC the other night! The helicopter in the second clip clearly isn't providing medical support either.

Just going for a test flight to check their eyesight

US Police violence videos on 15:14 - Jun 5 with 1963 viewsbluelagos

Suspended.

What exactly do you think would happen in England?

Simon Harwood was convicted of nothing and only fired by the Met (for lieing on his job application form) 3 years later, the whole time suspended on full pay up until his dismissal.

The CPS failed to bring charges of assault within 6 months and so when a jury found Harwood not guilty of manslaughter - Harwood was left with no criminal record.

And the half dozen police officers who stood by and watched him assaulting Ian Thomlinson, who all failed to intervene and who then lied (by omission) about what they saw (An IPCC statement was made saying there was no contact with the Met police) - none of them were prosecuted either.

I would suggest our police have exactly the same tendencies to protect their own as their American counterparts. Would accept they do not have the same violent streak (on the whole) as their American counterparts.

Cover ups by the police and an abject failure to hold bent police to account is far from just an American problem.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

US Police violence videos on 15:16 - Jun 5 with 1957 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 15:14 - Jun 5 by bluelagos

What exactly do you think would happen in England?

Simon Harwood was convicted of nothing and only fired by the Met (for lieing on his job application form) 3 years later, the whole time suspended on full pay up until his dismissal.

The CPS failed to bring charges of assault within 6 months and so when a jury found Harwood not guilty of manslaughter - Harwood was left with no criminal record.

And the half dozen police officers who stood by and watched him assaulting Ian Thomlinson, who all failed to intervene and who then lied (by omission) about what they saw (An IPCC statement was made saying there was no contact with the Met police) - none of them were prosecuted either.

I would suggest our police have exactly the same tendencies to protect their own as their American counterparts. Would accept they do not have the same violent streak (on the whole) as their American counterparts.

Cover ups by the police and an abject failure to hold bent police to account is far from just an American problem.

You're not wrong.

Police worldwide always seem to end up with an us against the rest mentality. Maybe it comes with the job.

But every time something happens their first instinct is to protect the force. And that's a huge problem.

US Police violence videos on 15:24 - Jun 5 with 1952 viewsbluelagos

US Police violence videos on 15:16 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

You're not wrong.

Police worldwide always seem to end up with an us against the rest mentality. Maybe it comes with the job.

But every time something happens their first instinct is to protect the force. And that's a huge problem.

Absolutely. Which is why pretty much my first comment on the killing of George Floyd was how was it 3 officers stood by and watched it happen? And how was it that they hadn't been arrested / charged?

And I'll bet anyone on here - any money they choose - those 3 don't get convicted for aiding and abetting (Which they have now been charged with)

The problem is far more than bad apples. Like the UK, the problem is institutional corruption within the police. They protect their own before protecting the public. Always have done, sadly always will do imho.

US Police violence videos on 15:27 - Jun 5 with 1944 viewsbluelagos

US Police violence videos on 15:24 - Jun 5 by bluelagos

Absolutely. Which is why pretty much my first comment on the killing of George Floyd was how was it 3 officers stood by and watched it happen? And how was it that they hadn't been arrested / charged?

And I'll bet anyone on here - any money they choose - those 3 don't get convicted for aiding and abetting (Which they have now been charged with)

The problem is far more than bad apples. Like the UK, the problem is institutional corruption within the police. They protect their own before protecting the public. Always have done, sadly always will do imho.

And I'll bet half the board will have to google Simon Harwood to even know who he is / what he did. There is rightly a lot of anger over the way the police have behaved in the states. Yet on our own doorstep we are far from perfect when it comes to holding the police to account.

Anyhow - will it leave it there as it'll wind me up!

US Police violence videos on 15:33 - Jun 5 with 1938 viewseastangliaisblue

I have read today that two of those officers were very new to the job. Also there is meant to be video footage of both of them at points expressing their concern. They were both overruled by Chauvin. I haven't actually searched for the footage yet.

Not defending them in anyway just saying what i have read.
US Police violence videos on 15:37 - Jun 5 with 1922 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 15:27 - Jun 5 by bluelagos

And I'll bet half the board will have to google Simon Harwood to even know who he is / what he did. There is rightly a lot of anger over the way the police have behaved in the states. Yet on our own doorstep we are far from perfect when it comes to holding the police to account.

Anyhow - will it leave it there as it'll wind me up!

Justified in your anger BL, justified.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 15:37]

US Police violence videos on 15:37 - Jun 5 with 1922 viewsLankHenners

US Police violence videos on 15:33 - Jun 5 by eastangliaisblue

I have read today that two of those officers were very new to the job. Also there is meant to be video footage of both of them at points expressing their concern. They were both overruled by Chauvin. I haven't actually searched for the footage yet.

Not defending them in anyway just saying what i have read.

Maybe you should try and back up what you're suggesting before writing what's a fairly obvious defence of their behaviour. "new to the job" ffs.

They stood and watched while their colleague pinned a man to the ground by kneeling on his neck until he died. There is video footage of this happening and any attempts to tell them to stop are from passers-by who are told to move on by the police.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

US Police violence videos on 15:40 - Jun 5 with 1909 viewseastangliaisblue

US Police violence videos on 15:37 - Jun 5 by LankHenners

Maybe you should try and back up what you're suggesting before writing what's a fairly obvious defence of their behaviour. "new to the job" ffs.

They stood and watched while their colleague pinned a man to the ground by kneeling on his neck until he died. There is video footage of this happening and any attempts to tell them to stop are from passers-by who are told to move on by the police.

Jesus wept i am not defending them. Did i not say that? I read it in The Metro. If anything i was backing up what bluelagos was saying about doubtung them getting a conviction. You read into it what you want though.
US Police violence videos on 15:42 - Jun 5 with 1903 viewsurbanblue

The problem with prosecuting Police in the USA is that the prosecutors (Who are elected) are often loathe to go against the Police who they rely on for their work. Often charges will be laid that due to their nature will often fail. I just watched tonights episode of a great program that is on over here called 'Planet America'. This is explained by a lawyer being interviewed at 25.30 on tonights episode ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024