Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Police violence videos 09:28 - Jun 5 with 8478 viewsDubtractor

On twitter I mainly follow bands that I like, plus a few bits and pieces, but very little things that are activist related.

But the shear number of really horrible incidents of unprovoked police violence that are popping up in my feed is remarkable.

That country is pretty fooked right now, when the people paid to protect citizens are doing exactly the opposite.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

US Police violence videos on 15:47 - Jun 5 with 2961 viewsLankHenners

US Police violence videos on 15:40 - Jun 5 by eastangliaisblue

Jesus wept i am not defending them. Did i not say that? I read it in The Metro. If anything i was backing up what bluelagos was saying about doubtung them getting a conviction. You read into it what you want though.

Yes but you can't just say that after writing something which reads as an excuse for their actions. If you were doubting they would be convicted then say so, as yes, there is a lot of history of police slipping out of convictions most people think they should have had.

This is a big part of the problem in these things, and in general really: people trying to find 'balance' or 'seeing both sides' which blunts the point which should be being made and means problems never get solved and solutions never get found.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

US Police violence videos on 15:51 - Jun 5 with 2946 viewseastangliaisblue

US Police violence videos on 15:47 - Jun 5 by LankHenners

Yes but you can't just say that after writing something which reads as an excuse for their actions. If you were doubting they would be convicted then say so, as yes, there is a lot of history of police slipping out of convictions most people think they should have had.

This is a big part of the problem in these things, and in general really: people trying to find 'balance' or 'seeing both sides' which blunts the point which should be being made and means problems never get solved and solutions never get found.

You're right reading it back i should of explained it a bit better. In no way shape or form was i trying to find balance.
US Police violence videos on 15:53 - Jun 5 with 2940 viewsbluelagos

US Police violence videos on 15:42 - Jun 5 by urbanblue

The problem with prosecuting Police in the USA is that the prosecutors (Who are elected) are often loathe to go against the Police who they rely on for their work. Often charges will be laid that due to their nature will often fail. I just watched tonights episode of a great program that is on over here called 'Planet America'. This is explained by a lawyer being interviewed at 25.30 on tonights episode ...

You think that's bad? We staff our IOPC (responsible for investigating police misconduct) with a load of ex-police officers. Cos that's going to work isn't it.

One of the investigators who came and spoke to me 5 years (not making it up) after I first lodged a complaint over how I was interviewed by the WMP and my evidence changed, worked for Surrey Police. They are the guys who were disciplining Harwood when he resigned before joining the Met a while later.

When I mentioned him, she hadn't even heard of Harwood ffs. The people responsible for helping hold the police in the UK to account are so inept it is at times embarrassing.

Actually they not inept, they are very skilled at helping bent police get away with stuff imho, with one or two rare exceptions.

The IOPC even sent legal letters to ITV and tried to prevent the documentary going out that highlighted how elements of the SYP/WMP had behaved in the cover up. On the pretext it might hinder their investigations ffs.

Let that sink in, they actively engaged lawyers to try and prevent journalists reporting on how bent police had behaved in the cover up of the Hillsborough disaster. And they got away with it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

US Police violence videos on 18:36 - Jun 5 with 2873 viewsTrequartista

I've found that the right-leaning people retweet the looting and attacking people defending their property videos but not the police brutality ones, and the left-leaning people retweet the police brutality videos but not the looting and attacking people defending their property ones.

Two sides entrenched in their views not acknowledging the other.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

US Police violence videos on 18:46 - Jun 5 with 2856 viewsbluelagos

US Police violence videos on 18:36 - Jun 5 by Trequartista

I've found that the right-leaning people retweet the looting and attacking people defending their property videos but not the police brutality ones, and the left-leaning people retweet the police brutality videos but not the looting and attacking people defending their property ones.

If you are trying to draw equivalence to state officers violently attacking protesters to people stealing/looting goods then I think you are some way off the mark.

One is an of violence against people, the other against buildings. Additionally one is perpetrated by those employed to uphold law and order - not to commit crimes.

If you choose to equate them that is your choice - but not one I personally think is remotely appropriate or accurate.

US Police violence videos on 18:51 - Jun 5 with 2848 viewsSpruceMoose

Because the looting is nothing to do with the protests despite people desperately trying to link the two.

This isn't the time for false equivalence or "but both sides" comments really.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 18:57]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US Police violence videos on 19:09 - Jun 5 with 2824 viewsSirBasilBrush

US Police violence videos on 11:55 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Just yesterday Rand Paul was preventing the bill to designate lynching a federal crime from passing.

Lynching is not currently a federal crime.

In 2021.

Unbelievable huh?

Because the bill designates an altercation with ''minor bruising'' as ''lynching''. It's obvious to anyone that minor bruising cannot justly be defined as a lynching. Rand Paul was right to object to this, especially as it carries a 10-year penalty. The bill as it stands currently is merely a big PR effort to appease and placate the baying mob/rioters.
US Police violence videos on 19:14 - Jun 5 with 2808 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 19:09 - Jun 5 by SirBasilBrush

Because the bill designates an altercation with ''minor bruising'' as ''lynching''. It's obvious to anyone that minor bruising cannot justly be defined as a lynching. Rand Paul was right to object to this, especially as it carries a 10-year penalty. The bill as it stands currently is merely a big PR effort to appease and placate the baying mob/rioters.

Sure. THAT'S Rand Paul's real concern. Give me a break buddy. He's up there white-splaining lynching to Harris and Booker? Jesus wept.

He pulls this kind of stunt all the time. What's this? A lone hold out on an otherwise unanimous bill? Of course it's Rand Paul. He's a professional contrarian and an attention whore - like you. Time after time Paul gets sent out to bat against bills that the rest of the Republicans know they can't publicly oppose. That's his job. That's what he's there for.

What he's saying in effect is that only successful lynchings deserve the most severe punishment. Which obviously only a massive shîtbird would ever think.

Regarding your last sentence, you're a blithering idiot. This bill has been in the works since last year. Nothing to do with the current situation.

Rand Paul is a piece of shït, no wonder his neighbour whupped his arse and broke six of his ribs. Give that fella a medal.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 5:23]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

US Police violence videos on 19:15 - Jun 5 with 2814 viewsTrequartista

US Police violence videos on 18:46 - Jun 5 by bluelagos

If you are trying to draw equivalence to state officers violently attacking protesters to people stealing/looting goods then I think you are some way off the mark.

One is an of violence against people, the other against buildings. Additionally one is perpetrated by those employed to uphold law and order - not to commit crimes.

If you choose to equate them that is your choice - but not one I personally think is remotely appropriate or accurate.

i literally said people attacking the people defending their properties, not people attacking properties.

US Police violence videos on 20:12 - Jun 5 with 2752 viewsjaykay

US Police violence videos on 19:14 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Sure. THAT'S Rand Paul's real concern. Give me a break buddy. He's up there white-splaining lynching to Harris and Booker? Jesus wept.

He pulls this kind of stunt all the time. What's this? A lone hold out on an otherwise unanimous bill? Of course it's Rand Paul. He's a professional contrarian and an attention whore - like you. Time after time Paul gets sent out to bat against bills that the rest of the Republicans know they can't publicly oppose. That's his job. That's what he's there for.

What he's saying in effect is that only successful lynchings deserve the most severe punishment. Which obviously only a massive shîtbird would ever think.

Regarding your last sentence, you're a blithering idiot. This bill has been in the works since last year. Nothing to do with the current situation.

Rand Paul is a piece of shït, no wonder his neighbour whupped his arse and broke six of his ribs. Give that fella a medal.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 5:23]

boom boom

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

US Police violence videos on 20:45 - Jun 5 with 2742 viewsbluelagos

US Police violence videos on 19:15 - Jun 5 by Trequartista

i literally said people attacking the people defending their properties, not people attacking properties.

The clear inference in your post, was that people from the right, are sharing videos critical of the looters/rioters, not critical of the people defending their property against said looters.

So the point stands.

US Police violence videos on 21:04 - Jun 5 with 2735 viewsTrequartista

US Police violence videos on 20:45 - Jun 5 by bluelagos

The clear inference in your post, was that people from the right, are sharing videos critical of the looters/rioters, not critical of the people defending their property against said looters.

So the point stands.

If you're just going to ignore what i say and infer your own thing then that's the end of dicussion. Don't understand the hostility to such a simple observation.

US Police violence videos on 22:35 - Jun 5 with 2691 viewspointofblue

Well this is reassuring.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52945190

At no point does it say why they felt the need to push him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

US Police violence videos on 00:26 - Jun 6 with 2653 viewsjeera

US Police violence videos on 22:35 - Jun 5 by pointofblue

Well this is reassuring.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52945190

At no point does it say why they felt the need to push him.

"John Evans, president of the local police union, told the newspaper: "Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square.

"It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."

He should be forced to watch that video over and again until he admits he's a dishonest prick.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

US Police violence videos on 05:36 - Jun 6 with 2591 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 00:26 - Jun 6 by jeera

"John Evans, president of the local police union, told the newspaper: "Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square.

"It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."

He should be forced to watch that video over and again until he admits he's a dishonest prick.

"He should be forced to watch that video over and again until he admits he's a dishonest prick."

Why would he do that when he no doubt has the backing of those fifty seven colleagues who just quit the Buffalo Emergency Response team in protest at the suspension of the two officers who assaulted that poor man? They have all quit. Because they're angry that two colleagues might be in trouble for hospitalising a 75 year old man.

I wonder, just how many 'good apple' cops do you really think are truly out there?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/buffalo-cops-quit-elite-unit-to-back-officers-who-
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 5:46]

US Police violence videos on 05:46 - Jun 6 with 2586 viewsKropotkin123

I'm "left-leaning" and I usually keep my mouth shut over looting because I feel most people don't know enough about political ideologies to understand what is actually happening. And dumbing it down leaves me open to the distortion of what I'm saying. But this comment has annoyed me enough to put it out there.

1. The USA is a capitalist society. In other words in the USA the means of production are largely or entirely privately owned by individuals or companies and operated for profit.

2. Their society is set up to value and pursue material wealth.

3. The media is operated by private capitalists who consciously and unconsciously manipulate discourses to propagate their capitalist and materialistic viewpoint.

4. Due to the lack of socioeconomic investment those with the lowest socioeconomic status lack many of the basic tools to be successful within the society - Adequate education, healthcare, nutrition... More abstractly successful role models, successful peers, material and economic wealth.

5. Due to their socioeconomic status they are the people who are most likely to not have material wealth and therefore live in material discomfort.

6. So when a situation like this arises - where law and order breaks down - looting breaks out from the those with the lowest socioeconomic status.

7. Right wing is essentially economic competition and left wing is essentially economic cooperation.

What's the point?

The point is that when this happens within capitalist societies people start to call people anarchists. The discourses are centred around this. Discussions and arguements on either side are built around this. And the fundemental understanding amongst intelligent people is lost as they conform to this narrative.

Conviently looting is seen as anarchist because the rule of law is broken. An easy link to make for those that don't have a clue about political ideologies.

This is ridiculous. Looting in this instance is a right-wing materialistic endeavour. It is those with the lowest socioeconomic status, who are trained from birth to value and pursue material goods, using whatever means possible to achieve this.

When right-wing wing, capitalist, materialistic societies temporarily lose control, it doesn't mean a completely different political ideology has somehow taken root and manifested.

So why attach this to your comment?

As someone who is left-leaning I look at the looting and think "Serves you right. You should invest more heavily into those who have the lowest economic status".

The fact that anarchists are blamed for looting is farcical and deluded.

The fact that I, on the left of the political spectrum, am somehow meant to feel some sort of shared guilt. No, this is the society the right-wing have built and you need to own the consequences if your lack socioeconomic policies and investment.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 5:59]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

US Police violence videos on 05:48 - Jun 6 with 2581 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 05:46 - Jun 6 by Kropotkin123

I'm "left-leaning" and I usually keep my mouth shut over looting because I feel most people don't know enough about political ideologies to understand what is actually happening. And dumbing it down leaves me open to the distortion of what I'm saying. But this comment has annoyed me enough to put it out there.

1. The USA is a capitalist society. In other words in the USA the means of production are largely or entirely privately owned by individuals or companies and operated for profit.

2. Their society is set up to value and pursue material wealth.

3. The media is operated by private capitalists who consciously and unconsciously manipulate discourses to propagate their capitalist and materialistic viewpoint.

4. Due to the lack of socioeconomic investment those with the lowest socioeconomic status lack many of the basic tools to be successful within the society - Adequate education, healthcare, nutrition... More abstractly successful role models, successful peers, material and economic wealth.

5. Due to their socioeconomic status they are the people who are most likely to not have material wealth and therefore live in material discomfort.

6. So when a situation like this arises - where law and order breaks down - looting breaks out from the those with the lowest socioeconomic status.

7. Right wing is essentially economic competition and left wing is essentially economic cooperation.

What's the point?

The point is that when this happens within capitalist societies people start to call people anarchists. The discourses are centred around this. Discussions and arguements on either side are built around this. And the fundemental understanding amongst intelligent people is lost as they conform to this narrative.

Conviently looting is seen as anarchist because the rule of law is broken. An easy link to make for those that don't have a clue about political ideologies.

This is ridiculous. Looting in this instance is a right-wing materialistic endeavour. It is those with the lowest socioeconomic status, who are trained from birth to value and pursue material goods, using whatever means possible to achieve this.

When right-wing wing, capitalist, materialistic societies temporarily lose control, it doesn't mean a completely different political ideology has somehow taken root and manifested.

So why attach this to your comment?

As someone who is left-leaning I look at the looting and think "Serves you right. You should invest more heavily into those who have the lowest economic status".

The fact that anarchists are blamed for looting is farcical and deluded.

The fact that I, on the left of the political spectrum, am somehow meant to feel some sort of shared guilt. No, this is the society the right-wing have built and you need to own the consequences if your lack socioeconomic policies and investment.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 5:59]

Take a bow son, that was a cracking post. Thanks for that.

US Police violence videos on 06:12 - Jun 6 with 2570 viewsbluelagos

US Police violence videos on 05:36 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

"He should be forced to watch that video over and again until he admits he's a dishonest prick."

Why would he do that when he no doubt has the backing of those fifty seven colleagues who just quit the Buffalo Emergency Response team in protest at the suspension of the two officers who assaulted that poor man? They have all quit. Because they're angry that two colleagues might be in trouble for hospitalising a 75 year old man.

I wonder, just how many 'good apple' cops do you really think are truly out there?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/buffalo-cops-quit-elite-unit-to-back-officers-who-

Police acting in their own self interest over that of public accountability.

Did you know of the Met Police who attended Mark Duggan's killing, every single officer refused to be interviewed by the IPCC (now IOPC) and would only answer written questions.

Given that they were under investigation for the killing of a civilian that does suggest that they too put their own self interests ahead of public açcountability.

And that is before the lies they spread that Duggan had fired at a police officer. Duggan, Thomlinson, JC De Menzes, just three examples were UK police lied through their teeth about how they came to die. And what repercussions have their been for the police lies and dishonesty in these cases?

Yep American police are far more likely to kill you, but the British police have proved themselves to be every bit as corrupt when it comes to protecting their own rather than assisting in accountability for their actions.

Has always been the case imho. And as I said earlier, the people responsible for policing the UK police? The IOPC who are largely made up of ex police.

Protect their own has always come before protect and serve when it comes to it. People don't like to hear it though, far better to bury your head in the sand and ignore the instutionalised corruption the British police have when it comes to protecting their own.

When a good man says nothing, he is no longer a good man. And how many police ever speak out against their rcolleagues? Is doesn't happen.

US Police violence videos on 08:15 - Jun 6 with 2531 viewsm14_blue

I know this is your shtick and it does sometimes throw up some interesting observations but sometimes mate the two sides really aren’t ‘just as bad as each other’.

Not every situation needs balance and sometimes looking for it just makes you seem a little silly.
US Police violence videos on 20:46 - Jun 6 with 2479 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 05:36 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 20:52 - Jun 6 with 2470 viewsbluelagos

US Police violence videos on 20:46 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

Ffs. If I were the major I'd be sacking everyone of them.

US Police violence videos on 21:03 - Jun 6 with 2460 viewsjeera

US Police violence videos on 20:52 - Jun 6 by bluelagos

Ffs. If I were the major I'd be sacking everyone of them.

Applauding two young, fit men for getting away with assaulting a 75 year old man.

Pond life, the lot of them.

US Police violence videos on 03:14 - Jun 7 with 2406 viewsSpruceMoose

US Police violence videos on 21:03 - Jun 6 by jeera

Applauding two young, fit men for getting away with assaulting a 75 year old man.

Pond life, the lot of them.

Charged with assault.

Let's see those fifty seven tw@ts clap that.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/06/buffalo-officers-filmed-shoving-

US Police violence videos on 03:21 - Jun 7 with 2404 viewsjeera

US Police violence videos on 03:14 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Charged with assault.

Let's see those fifty seven tw@ts clap that.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/06/buffalo-officers-filmed-shoving-

How many people need to get hurt before these types learn the meaning of the job they're employed to do?

Although of course leadership should come from the top, it's no excuse for those at the bottom to not show some common decency.

What on earth do their families think of them?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024