Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First game great.... 21:32 - Aug 18 with 1595 viewsTieDyedIn95

Second game looked a lot like last season from some of the usual suspects to me. We were largely bang average. Hopefully we won't take that into the new season.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

First game great.... on 21:34 - Aug 18 with 1546 viewsitfcjoe

Issue was the mix and match team left the second one weaker in key areas - most notably no one to hold the ball up front and Donacien a massive step down from KVY

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

First game great.... on 21:36 - Aug 18 with 1502 viewsJ2BLUE

Worth remembering they were in the play offs and have also had one friendly already. That was our first game for five months.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 21:38]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

First game great.... on 21:41 - Aug 18 with 1390 viewsSitfcB

First game great.... on 21:36 - Aug 18 by J2BLUE

Worth remembering they were in the play offs and have also had one friendly already. That was our first game for five months.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2020 21:38]

Please don’t let facts like that get in the way of our dooper fan opinions.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

First game great.... on 21:48 - Aug 18 with 1336 viewsradiogaga

We won 2 out of 2. Scored 5, conceded none. Players' fitness looked good considered the amount of time having not played. And still several first teamers not playing including Norwood/ Hawkins/ our senior keepers. Considered the amount of time without playing, I was pleased with that. I'm not entirely sure what some fans' expectations for tonight were. Clearly the first game's team was largely stronger, although both teams were something of a mix, that instantly takes away a fair bit of cohesion.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

First game great.... on 21:53 - Aug 18 with 1282 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think the overall assessment should be positive. Second game not quite as sharp, but I think the bar was set quite high after the first game.

Scored 5, won 2 and conceded 0, no game in over 160 days, let’s keep level heads.

Was more refreshing that we had begun to see a bit of identity emerging in 4-3-3, clearly patterns of play that had been worked on in training as they were occurring again and again through building the play.

Good nights work me thinks.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

First game great.... on 21:53 - Aug 18 with 1281 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Only going from the match report but a goal from a well-worked corner routine sounds promising. How rarely have we scored from set pieces for a number of seasons now?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

First game great.... on 00:17 - Aug 19 with 1059 viewsFreddies_Ears

Second match team was weaker overall, and ColU upped their game, closing us down better. Downes was good, Lankester offered threat, Ndaba was strong and confident. MF balance didn't work, Dozzell didn't impress, which was a great shame.

First match team benefited from Skuse having an excellent game, and Drinan doing a passable impression of Daryl Murphy. Harry Wright very good too.
First game great.... on 07:56 - Aug 19 with 774 viewsWickets

Year but we should be ripping it up !!!
Login to get fewer ads

First game great.... on 08:15 - Aug 19 with 717 viewsChrisd

First game great.... on 21:53 - Aug 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think the overall assessment should be positive. Second game not quite as sharp, but I think the bar was set quite high after the first game.

Scored 5, won 2 and conceded 0, no game in over 160 days, let’s keep level heads.

Was more refreshing that we had begun to see a bit of identity emerging in 4-3-3, clearly patterns of play that had been worked on in training as they were occurring again and again through building the play.

Good nights work me thinks.

What will be interesting is what we do when that isn’t working. Has PL got a Plan B up his sleeve?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

First game great.... on 08:47 - Aug 19 with 643 viewsHerbivore

First game great.... on 08:15 - Aug 19 by Chrisd

What will be interesting is what we do when that isn’t working. Has PL got a Plan B up his sleeve?

Let's not jump the gun and think he has a Plan A just yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

First game great.... on 11:21 - Aug 19 with 540 viewsSharkey

I didn't watch, but Colchester's team for the second game on paper looked significantly stronger than the team for the first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024