Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) 21:54 - Sep 8 with 1994 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 21:55 - Sep 8 with 1991 viewsIpswichKnight

But he did lose to a non league side live on TV with what is still the worst performance from a Town side I’ve ever seen and that is a very very low bar.
Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 21:56 - Sep 8 with 1979 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Neither did Roy Keane.

Keano, Keano, Keano

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 21:57 - Sep 8 with 1957 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 21:55 - Sep 8 by IpswichKnight

But he did lose to a non league side live on TV with what is still the worst performance from a Town side I’ve ever seen and that is a very very low bar.

Lambert won there.

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:15 - Sep 8 with 1916 viewsFixed_It

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 21:55 - Sep 8 by IpswichKnight

I liked Mick - but the loss at Lincoln was abysmal and should gave seen him go.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:22 - Sep 8 with 1904 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:15 - Sep 8 by Fixed_It

I liked Mick - but the loss at Lincoln was abysmal and should gave seen him go.

I’ll never forget Butcher post match on BBC.

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:38 - Sep 8 with 1885 viewsSwailsey

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:22 - Sep 8 by TheTrueBlue1878

I’ll never forget Butcher post match on BBC.

Ah yes, Terry Butcher - an excellent manager who can speak from experience.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:42 - Sep 8 with 1873 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:38 - Sep 8 by Swailsey

Done more for Ipswich Town with his left boll*ck than Mick could ever, when he speaks on ITFC, I’ll be open ears.

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:42 - Sep 8 with 1871 viewsSwailsey

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:42 - Sep 8 by TheTrueBlue1878

Done more for Ipswich Town with his left boll*ck than Mick could ever, when he speaks on ITFC, I’ll be open ears.

Nice one

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:56 - Sep 8 with 1846 viewshaynes_toe1

Just because of his history with us doesnt mean he has a clue what he's talking about from a management point of view.

Anyway, that Lincoln game wasn't half as bad as about 60% of our performances last season under the utter failure that is Lambert. Mick is head and shoulders above him.
Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 23:14 - Sep 8 with 1825 viewsRyorry

Seriously , people still banging on about our last but one manager need to bore off and get a life

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 23:44 - Sep 8 with 1779 viewsStNeotsBlue

Butcher's managerial career is at best questionable but his right to critique an awful ITFC display is undeniable. He's earned that purely as a Town fan let alone one who is one of the finest centre backs this country has ever produced.
Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 00:37 - Sep 9 with 1749 viewsBlueBadger

..and he's coaching under a highly competent manger now as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 05:59 - Sep 9 with 1686 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:56 - Sep 8 by haynes_toe1

Just because of his history with us doesnt mean he has a clue what he's talking about from a management point of view.

Anyway, that Lincoln game wasn't half as bad as about 60% of our performances last season under the utter failure that is Lambert. Mick is head and shoulders above him.

I agree with your last line. And I really like/liked Mick.

But that Lincoln performance was the absolute worst performance I’ve seen from a Town side ever. Absolutely disgraceful, humiliating and embarrassing. On national television.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:01 - Sep 9 with 1641 viewsGeoffSentence

Typjcal.Mick though, kept.It right but I can't recall his teams creating a single goal scoring chance in this competition.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:07 - Sep 9 with 1635 viewsBluefish

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 05:59 - Sep 9 by The_Romford_Blue

But that Lincoln performance was the absolute worst performance I’ve seen from a Town side ever. Absolutely disgraceful, humiliating and embarrassing. On national television.

I really don't understand why national television gets mentioned so often, we lose on sky all the time and that is national TV too. When we are not on TV our performances aren't exactly a secret to the rest of the country. That Lincoln team beat bigger teams than us this year and the smar team made their way to our division so it isnt really that big a disgrace

Besides we lost 7-1 to Posh on national TV and did the conga

And for the record I was at the Lincoln game so I know exactly how bad it was, my main memory is hoping desperately that their bloke didn't miss at the end so it could end

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:25 - Sep 9 with 1612 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:07 - Sep 9 by Bluefish

I really don't understand why national television gets mentioned so often, we lose on sky all the time and that is national TV too. When we are not on TV our performances aren't exactly a secret to the rest of the country. That Lincoln team beat bigger teams than us this year and the smar team made their way to our division so it isnt really that big a disgrace

And for the record I was at the Lincoln game so I know exactly how bad it was, my main memory is hoping desperately that their bloke didn't miss at the end so it could end

Prime time TV on BBC 1 in front of millions of people isn’t quite the same as a random championship league game at noon on a Saturday.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:31 - Sep 9 with 1606 viewsBluefish

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:25 - Sep 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Prime time TV on BBC 1 in front of millions of people isn’t quite the same as a random championship league game at noon on a Saturday.

But why does it make a difference? Maybe I lost that sense of embarrassment because I didn't watch on TV

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:42 - Sep 9 with 1598 viewsSwailsey

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:07 - Sep 9 by Bluefish

This is what I don’t get.

Get we were abject, and it was poor. But it was the cup and how many times have we seen teams lose in that way?

Unless I’m misremembering, I can think of 2 worse performances instantly:

Doncaster under Jewell
Sheff Weds after Jewell left - I doubt I will EVER see a worse performance than that.

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:52 - Sep 9 with 1590 viewsChrisd

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 22:56 - Sep 8 by haynes_toe1

But from a playing point of view, I think TB has got quite a lot of kudos wouldn't you say?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 08:14 - Sep 9 with 1573 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 05:59 - Sep 9 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s not even in our top 3 worst performances for the last 4 years

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 08:46 - Sep 9 with 1549 viewsMonkeyAlan

I'm sorry, but you talk b0llox quite literally.
Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 09:04 - Sep 9 with 1535 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 08:46 - Sep 9 by MonkeyAlan

I'm sorry, but you talk b0llox quite literally.

I’m not sure what you mean by “quite literally” talk bolloxks, sounds intriguing though...

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 09:11 - Sep 9 with 1525 viewsSwailsey

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:52 - Sep 9 by Chrisd

But from a playing point of view, I think TB has got quite a lot of kudos wouldn't you say?

But then surely so does Roy Keane?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 10:00 - Sep 9 with 1495 viewsChrisd

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 09:11 - Sep 9 by Swailsey

But then surely so does Roy Keane?

Sky Sports seems to agree with that statement.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 10:31 - Sep 9 with 1467 viewsGarv

Mick never lost in this cup (n/t) on 07:42 - Sep 9 by Swailsey

This is what I don’t get.

Get we were abject, and it was poor. But it was the cup and how many times have we seen teams lose in that way?

Unless I’m misremembering, I can think of 2 worse performances instantly:

Doncaster under Jewell
Sheff Weds after Jewell left - I doubt I will EVER see a worse performance than that.

I think it fits the narrative of that season. 16/17 was pretty poor all round and the Lincoln game is almost synonymous with it, especially considering the likes of Douglas being in the side.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024