Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes 19:21 - Sep 13 with 3229 viewsPinewoodblue

Last week Lambert said that if Downes wanted to talk he could knock on his door. Today he says he didn’t know if Downes wanted to play.

Does Lambert want Downes to grovel and make the first move if so he may have a long time to wait.

Not a good situation for the club.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 19:23 - Sep 13 with 3211 viewsJ2BLUE

To me it seemed more like a challenge to Evans to get the fee we want or tell Downes he's staying.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 19:26 - Sep 13 with 3190 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 19:31 - Sep 13 with 3149 viewsPinewoodblue

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 19:26 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

Lambert was very critical of Downes today but didn’t know if he wanted to play. He clearly hasn’t spoken to him otherwise he would know. Lambert’s comments about Downes are totally out of order.

2023 year of destiny

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 19:41 - Sep 13 with 3117 viewsBryanPlug

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 19:31 - Sep 13 by Pinewoodblue

Lambert was very critical of Downes today but didn’t know if he wanted to play. He clearly hasn’t spoken to him otherwise he would know. Lambert’s comments about Downes are totally out of order.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 19:44 - Sep 13 with 3103 viewsPinewoodblue

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 19:41 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

?????

2023 year of destiny

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:00 - Sep 13 with 3045 viewslazyblue

He knows Downes is going so why play him
Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:11 - Sep 13 with 3005 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don’t think it’s a massively complicated situation.

If Palace don’t think you are worth the fee we do, there is very little we can do about that unfortunately, we have valuation and right now they are so far apart.

But in terms of the team, he doesn’t get in to it right now.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 20:11]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:29 - Sep 13 with 2939 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:11 - Sep 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

If Palace don’t think you are worth the fee we do, there is very little we can do about that unfortunately, we have valuation and right now they are so far apart.

Yep, it's down to Palace now.

Step up or fk off.

If no one else is interested then he needs to get his head down and play some games for us.

If he has a good season, teams will be back in for him in Jan or at the end of the season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:34 - Sep 13 with 2929 viewsstrikalite

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:11 - Sep 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

If anyone watched the All or Nothing Spurs documentary ME and Lambo do exactly what Jose and Levy did with Erikson, you bring him in and calmly explain that they haven't met the valuation and until they do just continue to work hard...maybe they have, in which case I'd be pretty annoyed too and make an example of him..
Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:36 - Sep 13 with 2920 viewsJ2BLUE

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:29 - Sep 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yep, it's down to Palace now.

Step up or fk off.

If no one else is interested then he needs to get his head down and play some games for us.

If he has a good season, teams will be back in for him in Jan or at the end of the season.

Palace don't give a sh1t about us. Downes isn't going to get into their team and they know he'll be loaned out so they might as well let this run with him being unsettled. If it saves me a million or so in the long run and our results suffer they won't care.

Truly impaired.

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:58 - Sep 13 with 2857 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:34 - Sep 13 by strikalite

If anyone watched the All or Nothing Spurs documentary ME and Lambo do exactly what Jose and Levy did with Erikson, you bring him in and calmly explain that they haven't met the valuation and until they do just continue to work hard...maybe they have, in which case I'd be pretty annoyed too and make an example of him..

Well Evans has had that conversation with Flynn already, he’s aware that the valuation needs to be met, and rightly so, we need to make sure we get our due slice of the cake as well.

On performances Flynn doesn’t get in to that midfield, so if Palace don’t show the money we want, he could end up spending more time on the bench and the stands than originally thought

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 21:00 - Sep 13 with 2842 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:34 - Sep 13 by strikalite

I actually thought all parties handled the Eriksen transfer quite well on camera, only snippets of course, but it was clearly stated to Eriksen the fee must be met, Eriksen was honest and wanted to leave but seemingly as professional as ever right up until his last appearance.

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 23:01 - Sep 13 with 2644 viewshaynes_toe1

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 20:58 - Sep 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

Well Evans has had that conversation with Flynn already, he’s aware that the valuation needs to be met, and rightly so, we need to make sure we get our due slice of the cake as well.

On performances Flynn doesn’t get in to that midfield, so if Palace don’t show the money we want, he could end up spending more time on the bench and the stands than originally thought

Downes walks into our current midfield, heck he would hobble into it on one leg.
Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 23:20 - Sep 13 with 2598 viewspatrickswell

Downes shot himself in the foot the minute he asked to sit out the Bristol Rovers match. Maybe, he thought that Lambert was going to be pushed out given all the furore around Photogate etc, but so far, the team hasn’t played like one that’s not playing for its manager, while Lambert’s chosen midfield 3 have performed at a level where he can legitimately say to Downes, I don’t need to drop anyone for you.
Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 07:34 - Sep 14 with 2359 viewshype313

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 21:00 - Sep 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

I actually thought all parties handled the Eriksen transfer quite well on camera, only snippets of course, but it was clearly stated to Eriksen the fee must be met, Eriksen was honest and wanted to leave but seemingly as professional as ever right up until his last appearance.

And 8 months on they want to ship him out, sometimes the grass isn't greener.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 07:36 - Sep 14 with 2357 viewshype313

Downes needs to remain professional and play the long game, at the moment he has interest from Palace who are looking at a cheap punt to then loan out, if he has another strong season here he could get a bigger team in for him with plans to play him from the outset.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 08:10 - Sep 14 with 2281 viewsgordon

Can't really imagine Lambert being stubborn or uncommunicative.
Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 08:28 - Sep 14 with 2232 viewsitfcjoe

It's hard to know, because Lambert is happy to outright lie about situations like this - and I don't mean that as a criticism, but you just cannot take anything he says publicly on the situation as gospel.

Whatever is going on, it needs to end quickly as is just devaluing our best player and most valuable asset currently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 10:48 - Sep 14 with 2052 viewspointofblue

It could be as simple as Downes has told Lambert that he is happy to be picked again but Lambert has doubts about whether his head, heart or both are still with us - hence he’s ‘not sure’ if Downes wants to play.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 10:55 - Sep 14 with 2028 viewsLankHenners

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 07:36 - Sep 14 by hype313

Downes needs to remain professional and play the long game, at the moment he has interest from Palace who are looking at a cheap punt to then loan out, if he has another strong season here he could get a bigger team in for him with plans to play him from the outset.

If Palace and/or his agent have really got into his head then someone who knows him well and he trusts needs to pull him to one side and convince him to get on with the job otherwise his career is the thing that's going to suffer.

He could find himself in a situation where he doesn't get his big move, doesn't play as much for Town as he'd like, and then the bigger clubs move onto someone else.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 11:01 - Sep 14 with 2007 viewsgordon

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 10:55 - Sep 14 by LankHenners

If Palace and/or his agent have really got into his head then someone who knows him well and he trusts needs to pull him to one side and convince him to get on with the job otherwise his career is the thing that's going to suffer.

He could find himself in a situation where he doesn't get his big move, doesn't play as much for Town as he'd like, and then the bigger clubs move onto someone else.

There's no reason for Palace to push the boat out for him anyway, there's got to be a fair amount of alternative young players available at lower than normal prices due to the way the pandemic has affected football finances.
Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 11:11 - Sep 14 with 1980 viewsTieDyedIn95

The last time we had this was Keane vs. Walters. We know how that went.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 17:23 - Sep 14 with 1832 viewshadleighboyblue

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 08:28 - Sep 14 by itfcjoe

It's hard to know, because Lambert is happy to outright lie about situations like this - and I don't mean that as a criticism, but you just cannot take anything he says publicly on the situation as gospel.

Whatever is going on, it needs to end quickly as is just devaluing our best player and most valuable asset currently

The current situation is doing nobody any good , we are not playing one of our most valuable players and Downes is not putting himself in the window .

My gut feeling is that Downes would give 100% if he played , why wouldn't he ? but I get the impression that Lambert is blocking him playing and if that's the case Lambert is wrong in my book
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 19:06]
Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 21:53 - Sep 14 with 1687 viewsJ2BLUE

Is there a stand off developing between Lambert and Downes on 17:23 - Sep 14 by hadleighboyblue

The current situation is doing nobody any good , we are not playing one of our most valuable players and Downes is not putting himself in the window .

My gut feeling is that Downes would give 100% if he played , why wouldn't he ? but I get the impression that Lambert is blocking him playing and if that's the case Lambert is wrong in my book
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 19:06]

It could just as easily be a good bit of management. Yes Lambert has many faults but maybe he looked at the fixtures and thought we should have enough to beat Wigan without him and the league cup is pretty meaningless. Lambert can say to him that he gave him two weeks out of the team and Palace didn't come back. They took a punt to sign you but they undervalued you. We know how good you are what you're worth and if you stick with me you'll be playing at least one division higher next season whether it's with us or another club.

Seems realistic enough?

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024