Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces 12:06 - Oct 29 with 2579 viewsSteve_M

Remember ventilation this Winter people.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-c

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:21 - Oct 29 with 2228 viewsStokieBlue

Really good.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:31 - Oct 29 with 2203 viewsbobbyramsey

Fascinating....
Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:32 - Oct 29 with 2202 viewsMullet

Was about to post this. I've just been told to isolate for 14 days due a kid in my class testing positive and the times and distances involved.

I've been ill since about Tuesday and since the phone call feel worse. Power of the mind eh?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:33 - Oct 29 with 2192 viewsbluelagos

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:31 - Oct 29 by bobbyramsey

Fascinating....

Yep, open those windows!

But it does suggest football crowds are far less likely given how much more singing / shouting increases the risk of transmission :-(

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:34 - Oct 29 with 2196 viewsfooters

"if the six people spend four hours together talking loudly"

Does this mean the virus is deadlier in Spain and Italy than in the UK, where we are more softly spoken?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:36 - Oct 29 with 2187 viewscatch74

It highlights the low risk of outdoor sports venues. I assume the issue is the public transport to the games. I’m pretty sure I read about a month or so ago that Germany have a habit of ventilating rooms regularly and have included it in their requirements for households/ businesses etc
Found it - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/30/germans-embrace-fresh-air-to-ward-

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:53 - Oct 29 with 2134 viewsGuthrum

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:36 - Oct 29 by catch74

It highlights the low risk of outdoor sports venues. I assume the issue is the public transport to the games. I’m pretty sure I read about a month or so ago that Germany have a habit of ventilating rooms regularly and have included it in their requirements for households/ businesses etc
Found it - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/30/germans-embrace-fresh-air-to-ward-

Not just that, but if you think what the concourse of a football ground is like before/after the match and at HT. Plus fans - possibly from a wide area - gathering in pubs and around food stalls.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:57 - Oct 29 with 2120 viewsSteve_M

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:33 - Oct 29 by bluelagos

Yep, open those windows!

But it does suggest football crowds are far less likely given how much more singing / shouting increases the risk of transmission :-(

Churchmans will be fine then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:57 - Oct 29 with 2125 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:36 - Oct 29 by catch74

I think it's probably best to accept now that there aren't going to be crowds at matches until some point next year.

It's not just the transport but the concourses and toilets as well as people shouting , possibly not respecting restrictions when goals are scored, meeting up in pubs beforehand in groups of more than 6, travelling from tier 3 areas to other areas etc.
Perhaps it's unfair but I think it's realistic.

Cases are rocketing, deaths are over 300 per day this week and even countries like Germany are seeing huge rises in cases and partial lockdowns.

Getting people back into grounds doesn't seem like a top priority right now even if other rules don't make much sense (cinemas for instance but I think they will be shut soon).

SB

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 13:00 - Oct 29 with 2115 viewsbluelagos

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:57 - Oct 29 by StokieBlue

I think it's probably best to accept now that there aren't going to be crowds at matches until some point next year.

It's not just the transport but the concourses and toilets as well as people shouting , possibly not respecting restrictions when goals are scored, meeting up in pubs beforehand in groups of more than 6, travelling from tier 3 areas to other areas etc.

Cases are rocketing, deaths are over 300 per day this week and even countries like Germany are seeing huge rises in cases and partial lockdowns.

Getting people back into grounds doesn't seem like a top priority right now even if other rules don't make much sense (cinemas for instance but I think they will be shut soon).

SB

Yep, fcking hate to say so but I agree with you Stokie. The fact that Germany seemed to manage things better than us yet are still facing a second wave suggests to me that it was inevitable (albeit we can still try and minimise it)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 13:01 - Oct 29 with 2115 viewsGuthrum

Tho air conditioning is iffy, depending upon how the system works, given the fact that C-19 can end up on internal surfaces and be re-circulated. Fresh air from outside is best.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 13:36 - Oct 29 with 2061 viewshoppy

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:57 - Oct 29 by Steve_M

Churchmans will be fine then.

Oi.

Interestingly, fewer particles would be spread by shouting "Lambert Out" than there would shouting "Come on you blues".

I don't quite know what can be deduced from that...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 21:26 - Oct 29 with 1939 viewscatch74

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:57 - Oct 29 by StokieBlue

SB

Covid-19: Delia Smith urges PM to reopen football grounds https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-54740938

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 21:38 - Oct 29 with 1909 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 12:32 - Oct 29 by Mullet

Was about to post this. I've just been told to isolate for 14 days due a kid in my class testing positive and the times and distances involved.

I've been ill since about Tuesday and since the phone call feel worse. Power of the mind eh?

Hope you are OK. Feel free to pm instead of reply here but did the school inform you? Will they keep that year group off? Do you know how many other staff have been told the same?

I am aware that a student at my school has tested positive but without having been told who it is and the school has not been informed. Could just be a false rumour, mind.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 08:33 - Oct 30 with 1783 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 09:36 - Oct 30 with 1731 viewshoppy

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 08:33 - Oct 30 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I didn't realise you had to wear a mask on here - I'm sorry. I will start doing so.

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 09:42 - Oct 30 with 1720 viewscatch74

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 09:36 - Oct 30 by hoppy

I didn't realise you had to wear a mask on here - I'm sorry. I will start doing so.

You sound muffled now.

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 09:44 - Oct 30 with 1708 viewshoppy

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 09:42 - Oct 30 by catch74

You sound muffled now.

I gueff thatph jupht a caphe of getting uphed to it.

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 09:48 - Oct 30 with 1701 viewsMullet

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 21:38 - Oct 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Hope you are OK. Feel free to pm instead of reply here but did the school inform you? Will they keep that year group off? Do you know how many other staff have been told the same?

I am aware that a student at my school has tested positive but without having been told who it is and the school has not been informed. Could just be a false rumour, mind.

Cheers mate. I've got something as I've not been right for a while (the influx of germs after 6 months away hit us all really hard) and since Tuesday I've got worse so seeing if I can/need a test.

The school informed me, although the student in question clearly doesn't know what 2 metres is! I had to say if I'd broken any social distancing or anything and I explained I had because the room isn't big enough to house that many students etc. (I'd brought this up at a union meeting with the brass so was maybe a bit more confident on it)

PHE guidance changed a few weeks back, so the whole years don't go off and they've stuck to that. We've had groups of 40+ go off and they have to use seating plans and interview kids and staff to ascertain who was where and what possible contact there has been. I sympathise with the schools here as it is the government guidance and in my opinion not about risk management but keeping nubmers down.

School have been told they must not identify students and are using GDPR as the reasoning, but that doesn't necessarily hold up. Likewise staff, but some have waived anonimty and told everyone. If I test positive I'll do the same.

We've been hit really hard and had lots of staff and students in and out this half term. It's been the worst half term of my career and I think a lot of that has been stress related hence why I'm so run down.

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 10:17 - Oct 30 with 1672 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 09:48 - Oct 30 by Mullet

Cheers mate. I've got something as I've not been right for a while (the influx of germs after 6 months away hit us all really hard) and since Tuesday I've got worse so seeing if I can/need a test.

The school informed me, although the student in question clearly doesn't know what 2 metres is! I had to say if I'd broken any social distancing or anything and I explained I had because the room isn't big enough to house that many students etc. (I'd brought this up at a union meeting with the brass so was maybe a bit more confident on it)

PHE guidance changed a few weeks back, so the whole years don't go off and they've stuck to that. We've had groups of 40+ go off and they have to use seating plans and interview kids and staff to ascertain who was where and what possible contact there has been. I sympathise with the schools here as it is the government guidance and in my opinion not about risk management but keeping nubmers down.

School have been told they must not identify students and are using GDPR as the reasoning, but that doesn't necessarily hold up. Likewise staff, but some have waived anonimty and told everyone. If I test positive I'll do the same.

We've been hit really hard and had lots of staff and students in and out this half term. It's been the worst half term of my career and I think a lot of that has been stress related hence why I'm so run down.

Hope it's negative and you feel better soon.

"School have been told they must not identify students and are using GDPR as the reasoning"

That is absolutely bonkers. The people in the year group need to know who has it so they know if they have been in really close contact.

SB

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 10:22 - Oct 30 with 1667 viewsMullet

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 10:17 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

Hope it's negative and you feel better soon.

"School have been told they must not identify students and are using GDPR as the reasoning"

That is absolutely bonkers. The people in the year group need to know who has it so they know if they have been in really close contact.

SB

Cheers and "no comment".

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 10:35 - Oct 30 with 1647 viewslowhouseblue

thank you. i am going to circulate that one.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 10:48 - Oct 30 with 1628 viewsfarkenhell

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 09:48 - Oct 30 by Mullet

Sorry to hear that Mullet. Hope things improve for you soon.
Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 11:11 - Oct 30 with 1600 viewsMullet

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 10:48 - Oct 30 by farkenhell

Sorry to hear that Mullet. Hope things improve for you soon.

Cheers mate, I think it's going to spread to a lot more communities across the country unfortunately for a number of reasons. Hopefully it is becoming less potent for most people.

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 11:14 - Oct 30 with 1596 viewssolemio

Interesting graphics on the spread of covid in enclosed spaces on 13:36 - Oct 29 by hoppy

Oi.

Interestingly, fewer particles would be spread by shouting "Lambert Out" than there would shouting "Come on you blues".

I don't quite know what can be deduced from that...

Probably that the former has 3 syllables and the latter 4.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024