Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... 10:47 - Nov 28 with 1778 viewsMatt_Netherlands

As much as I want him gone, I’d never actively wish defeat on us!

I do worry though that as soon as things get this and, it’s beyond the Point of repair! I think we passed that point last February / March....
Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 10:54 - Nov 28 with 1748 views26_Paz

I hate to break it to people but he’s not going to get sacked if we lose today

The Paz Man

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 10:56 - Nov 28 with 1751 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm desperate for us to win today, it'd leave us well placed and take points off a rival. We need it, whoever the manager ends up being. Doesn't have to change any wider concerns.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 10:59 - Nov 28 with 1728 viewsBlueBadger

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 10:54 - Nov 28 by 26_Paz

I hate to break it to people but he’s not going to get sacked if we lose today

That will only happen when it's too late, sadly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:00 - Nov 28 with 1726 viewspointofblue

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 10:56 - Nov 28 by SomethingBlue

I'm desperate for us to win today, it'd leave us well placed and take points off a rival. We need it, whoever the manager ends up being. Doesn't have to change any wider concerns.

Charlton have no centre backs. If we win today it’s likely to be little more than a smokescreen over existing issues once again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:06 - Nov 28 with 1708 viewsSomethingBlue

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:00 - Nov 28 by pointofblue

Charlton have no centre backs. If we win today it’s likely to be little more than a smokescreen over existing issues once again.

(And we have one third of a midfield)

I get that and it means we have a better chance than people think today but we do need to get out of this division and need the points, so I'd rather take the win and then worry about the manager.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 11:07]

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:09 - Nov 28 with 1695 viewspointofblue

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:06 - Nov 28 by SomethingBlue

I get that and it means we have a better chance than people think today but we do need to get out of this division and need the points, so I'd rather take the win and then worry about the manager.

Oh me too, I desperately want the win. I also understand that, in the eyes of the fans, it will be the first of many matches to be won before we are convinced the corner is turned. I fear Evans and Lambert may see it otherwise.

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:10 - Nov 28 with 1688 viewsHerbivore

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:06 - Nov 28 by SomethingBlue

The problem becomes that a spawny win buys the manager more time and then harms our long term chances. We can overcome a defeat to Charlton over the remaining games, can we overcome Lambert getting another 5 games off the back of beating them?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:12 - Nov 28 with 1681 viewsstrikalite

Unfortunately we can't have it both ways, feel nothing about todays game and it really shouldn't be like this....really mixed feelings.
Login to get fewer ads

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:13 - Nov 28 with 1676 viewsSomethingBlue

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:10 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

The problem becomes that a spawny win buys the manager more time and then harms our long term chances. We can overcome a defeat to Charlton over the remaining games, can we overcome Lambert getting another 5 games off the back of beating them?

I just don't tend to buy that. If Evans has decided to make a change then presumably he'll do it soon enough, as he did despite Hurst beating Swansea (and indeed Magilton beating Norwich). Get those points on the board now, we are going to need them badly.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 11:13]

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:21 - Nov 28 with 1640 viewspointofblue

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:13 - Nov 28 by SomethingBlue

I just don't tend to buy that. If Evans has decided to make a change then presumably he'll do it soon enough, as he did despite Hurst beating Swansea (and indeed Magilton beating Norwich). Get those points on the board now, we are going to need them badly.

Magilton was out of the door as soon as we lost 3-1 at home to Doncaster; Evans just wanted to get Keane in place before letting him go. Doesn’t feel quite the same this time around.

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:23 - Nov 28 with 1631 viewsSomethingBlue

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:21 - Nov 28 by pointofblue

Magilton was out of the door as soon as we lost 3-1 at home to Doncaster; Evans just wanted to get Keane in place before letting him go. Doesn’t feel quite the same this time around.

True on that point, but none of us really know the thinking currently so I'd err on the side of winning every game we can! And it's a big help if we can beat this particular opponent today.

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:57 - Nov 28 with 1551 viewsBlueBadger

Trouble is, if we somehow get promoted despite him, Evans will keep him on.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 12:23 - Nov 28 with 1501 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My preference is we win well and go on from here and never look back. Of course, that is always my desire. However, my worst case scenario is we scrape some sort of result and prolong the agony. If the only way the necessary change happens is by virtue of a run of poor results, I accept that is better for our longer term future than prolonging the agony.

However, I am also fearful of what change would bring too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 12:23 - Nov 28 with 1499 viewsBeckets

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:13 - Nov 28 by SomethingBlue

I seem to remember Phil saying that the Swansea win bought Hurst a short stay of execution. A couple of games iirc.
Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 13:49 - Nov 28 with 1387 viewsHerbivore

Although the Swansea game was followed by a further defeat (or two?) before the trigger was pulled. And a win today means we're likely to be in touch with the top 6 even if we follow it up with 3 or 4 straight defeats, which is quite possible looking at our fixtures, and then we're getting dangerously close to January with an inept manager still at the helm. A new man coming in could do with a few weeks with the players ahead of January when they might look to tinker with the squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 13:57 - Nov 28 with 1356 viewsIpswichKnight

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 13:49 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

Although the Swansea game was followed by a further defeat (or two?) before the trigger was pulled. And a win today means we're likely to be in touch with the top 6 even if we follow it up with 3 or 4 straight defeats, which is quite possible looking at our fixtures, and then we're getting dangerously close to January with an inept manager still at the helm. A new man coming in could do with a few weeks with the players ahead of January when they might look to tinker with the squad.

Problem is who in there right mind would want any of the players we want to get rid of in January. We’ll probably have to wait until June when they are all out of contract before we can get rid of them.
Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 13:59 - Nov 28 with 1341 viewswkj

Lambert is nowhere near that category for me, yet. If Lambert is capable of salvaging a bit of conviction in the team, a winning culture and less nonsense in pressers I would drop my disdain for him. However, if he does continue to go down the hole he's in, then whatever it takes for him to be canned is what I will want to see.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:12 - Nov 28 with 1297 viewswkj

Get the feeling a Lambert wants us to lose today so he gets sacked...

After naming that team

Crybaby

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:16 - Nov 28 with 1276 viewsAJblue

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 13:49 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

I really dont disagree with anything you say here, however I do have a serious question, not just to you, but to anybody who can honestly answer without making facts up to suit an agenda.

"A new man coming in could do with a few weeks with the players ahead of January when they might look to tinker with the squad. "

This statement, is it factual or something all Town fans would hope that will happen?

Can we buy new players? Do we have to sell our under performing players first? If so who will buy them if they are under performing?

Doesn't the wage cap stop us from "tinkering" with the sqaud?

As I said, not arguing, just would like to know if a new manager could add to the team.and I mean team, not squad.

Crecy

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:20 - Nov 28 with 1254 viewswkj

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:16 - Nov 28 by AJblue

I really dont disagree with anything you say here, however I do have a serious question, not just to you, but to anybody who can honestly answer without making facts up to suit an agenda.

"A new man coming in could do with a few weeks with the players ahead of January when they might look to tinker with the squad. "

This statement, is it factual or something all Town fans would hope that will happen?

Can we buy new players? Do we have to sell our under performing players first? If so who will buy them if they are under performing?

Doesn't the wage cap stop us from "tinkering" with the sqaud?

As I said, not arguing, just would like to know if a new manager could add to the team.and I mean team, not squad.

In this case I think a new manager could do a lot. We have much more youth options suited to this level of football than we did suited for the championship.

Dobra, Lankester, El Miz (still unsure why he went out on loan in all honesty).

Lambert is hunkered down into a tactical mindset that doesn't get the best out of all the talent he has.

Crybaby

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:25 - Nov 28 with 1239 viewsAJblue

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:20 - Nov 28 by wkj

In this case I think a new manager could do a lot. We have much more youth options suited to this level of football than we did suited for the championship.

Dobra, Lankester, El Miz (still unsure why he went out on loan in all honesty).

Lambert is hunkered down into a tactical mindset that doesn't get the best out of all the talent he has.

Thanks for your perspective.

Again I agree with what you say, but I believe what Herbs was indicating was a foray into the transfer market (or am I wrong?)

Our youth deserve a run out, Judge being picked again today is beyond my comprehension. Dobra or Lankester should surely be given a chance, but a new manager would want some fresh blood, and are we able to offer that to whomever thet may be?

If not, are we an attractive option to a new manager, unless they are an over rated journeyman, looking for a final payday somewhat like the present incumbent?

Crecy

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:31 - Nov 28 with 1217 viewswkj

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:25 - Nov 28 by AJblue

Thanks for your perspective.

Again I agree with what you say, but I believe what Herbs was indicating was a foray into the transfer market (or am I wrong?)

Our youth deserve a run out, Judge being picked again today is beyond my comprehension. Dobra or Lankester should surely be given a chance, but a new manager would want some fresh blood, and are we able to offer that to whomever thet may be?

If not, are we an attractive option to a new manager, unless they are an over rated journeyman, looking for a final payday somewhat like the present incumbent?

I think it would depend who the new manager is quite honestly. A lower league minded manager might be more beneficial for us, as in someone who is used to making the most of what he has.

Any manager coming here would have the added benefit of a lot of good players poised to return from injury.

One thing I can say is that I don't for a second believe that a new manager will have a better run than Lambert, in many ways being 4th in L1 is quite intimidating for a new manager to come in and apply his trade - but at this point Lambert has checked out in my mind - we need that new manager bounce (if it actually exists) and someone who realises that our youth players are pretty much going to have no choice but to be starting 11 next seasons, especially if we fail promotion.

Crybaby

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 14:37 - Nov 28 with 1198 viewsitfcjoe

Get the feeling a lot of people want us to lose today so he gets sacked... on 11:23 - Nov 28 by SomethingBlue

True on that point, but none of us really know the thinking currently so I'd err on the side of winning every game we can! And it's a big help if we can beat this particular opponent today.

I don't think it's about wanting to win or lose, but just looking at the team selected.

Dozzell (who doesn't have much senior football behind him) and 2 rookies, then 2 widemen who have been terrible (bit harsh on bennetts....but) and lack any positional discipline, 2 35 year old full backs who will ahve to manage the whole flank on their own.

Toto at the back, who is a walking error and a change of keeper.

We look badly coached at the best of times, I just can't see any shape to this side - and Lee Bowyer has shown himself to be very tactically smart and adaptable, and prepares his teams well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024