Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our tough period of the season to come then... 15:22 - Nov 8 with 2908 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Hull City
Charlton Athletic
Oxford United
Plymouth Argyle
Portsmouth
Burton
Peterborough

All within the space of less of 24 Nov - 19 Dec
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 15:23]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:26 - Nov 8 with 2505 viewspatrickswell

How many farcical penalties/red cards will we get shafted by through that little lot then?
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:46 - Nov 8 with 2462 viewsBlueBadger

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:26 - Nov 8 by patrickswell

How many farcical penalties/red cards will we get shafted by through that little lot then?

However many it is, they'll be fewer in number than the amount of farcical errors Lamebert will make.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:46 - Nov 8 with 2465 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:26 - Nov 8 by patrickswell

Over the course of the 7 games, I’m going to go for 4 big game deciding decisions that will go against us.

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:46 - Nov 8 with 2459 viewsBlueBadger

So, we can expect Shambert to get the sack sometime around Christmas then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:50 - Nov 8 with 2458 viewsIpswichKnight

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:46 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

No as it would mean it will be a happy Christmas and as Town fans we only deserve to be miserable over the festive period so we can carry on losing to half decent teams.
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:06 - Nov 8 with 2414 viewsPilgrimblue

Hope so
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:12 - Nov 8 with 2397 viewsCokeIsKey

So, as for my predictions...

Hull: L 1-0
Charlton: L 2-1
Oxford: D 1-1
Plymouth: D 2-2
Portsmouth: L 2-1
Burton: W 1-0
Peterborough: L 3-1

Obviously where we aimlessly pass it round the back for most of the games, occasionally getting bored and hoofing it up. A few contreversial penalty calls, and Lambert saying we played like prime Barcelona in every interview whilst safely knowing he won't be sacked any time soon.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:15 - Nov 8 with 2375 viewsgtsb1966

I actually think that may happen to be honest .
Login to get fewer ads

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:20 - Nov 8 with 2371 viewsPilgrimblue

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:15 - Nov 8 by gtsb1966

I actually think that may happen to be honest .

Evans can't be happy. PL has fallen well short of expectations. So hope he won't make mistake of appointing outsider (unless its Howe) and go for ex-player.
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:34 - Nov 8 with 2319 viewsBlueBadger

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:12 - Nov 8 by CokeIsKey

So, as for my predictions...

Hull: L 1-0
Charlton: L 2-1
Oxford: D 1-1
Plymouth: D 2-2
Portsmouth: L 2-1
Burton: W 1-0
Peterborough: L 3-1

Obviously where we aimlessly pass it round the back for most of the games, occasionally getting bored and hoofing it up. A few contreversial penalty calls, and Lambert saying we played like prime Barcelona in every interview whilst safely knowing he won't be sacked any time soon.

And idiots tell us he need more time.

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 17:45 - Nov 8 with 2228 viewsFixed_It

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:34 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

So anyone who has a different opinion to you is an idiot?
FWIW I don't think we should, or can, sack him now given our current league position. But I don't think people who have a different opinion to me are idiots.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 17:48 - Nov 8 with 2216 viewsFixed_It

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:20 - Nov 8 by Pilgrimblue

Evans can't be happy. PL has fallen well short of expectations. So hope he won't make mistake of appointing outsider (unless its Howe) and go for ex-player.

Howe?!?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 17:51 - Nov 8 with 2211 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

How far we have fallen for those to be considered tough games. LWDWDWW.
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 17:56 - Nov 8 with 2203 viewsBlueBadger

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 17:45 - Nov 8 by Fixed_It

So anyone who has a different opinion to you is an idiot?
FWIW I don't think we should, or can, sack him now given our current league position. But I don't think people who have a different opinion to me are idiots.

Depends what it is innit.

'Lambert deserves more time', for example, is patently the view of an idiot given the failures he's had just with us alone.

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 13:42 - Nov 9 with 2029 viewsPilgrimblue

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:46 - Nov 8 by TheTrueBlue1878

Over the course of the 7 games, I’m going to go for 4 big game deciding decisions that will go against us.

Apparently other teams are getting the same which suggests that this is what L1 is like ie poor officials.
It's time for PL to realise that our destiny is in our hands and get on with winning.
We're not going to get any penalties playing in our own half. We need to create more chances and pick players that can score whatever their age.
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 13:45 - Nov 9 with 2023 viewspatrickswell

How is sitting 2nd in the table falling well short of expectations - at least for the season so far.
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 14:58 - Nov 9 with 1988 viewsVaughan8

Next 3 are at home (EDIT just seen Shrewsbury is next, still need 7!). I think we need 7 points from those.

Probably more like 4 haha
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 14:59]
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:13 - Nov 9 with 1967 viewshoppy

Just out of interest... how many of our ex-players have had successful managerial careers anywhere (Burley aside)?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:15 - Nov 9 with 1961 viewshype313

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:13 - Nov 9 by hoppy

Just out of interest... how many of our ex-players have had successful managerial careers anywhere (Burley aside)?

Stockwell done a reasonable job at Woodbridge Town.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 15:17]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:35 - Nov 9 with 1930 viewsSomethingBlue

It's a hell of a run. Come out of that still in the top six, and with Downes to return in particular, and I'll be happy that we are poised for a proper push. Anything else and there will, of course, be a big problem.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:36 - Nov 9 with 1929 viewshoppy

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:15 - Nov 9 by hype313

Stockwell done a reasonable job at Woodbridge Town.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 15:17]

OK, so as you were... how many of our ex-players have had successful managerial careers anywhere (Burley aside)?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:37 - Nov 9 with 1925 viewshype313

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:36 - Nov 9 by hoppy

OK, so as you were... how many of our ex-players have had successful managerial careers anywhere (Burley aside)?

...I was trying to make the point...ah don't bother...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 15:51 - Nov 9 with 1903 viewsWallingford_Boy

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 17:51 - Nov 8 by IpswichBoyBlue

How far we have fallen for those to be considered tough games. LWDWDWW.

Thats a really annoying phrase I hear a lot, but we should be used to this level by now and this is where are at.

Muhren and Wark are long gone, as are Holland Stewart, we are a very average league one team, whatever people want to believe and we have no right to beat anyone.

There are a few teams that are better than us and a few that are worse, but very little between the middle 15 clubs or so.

Play offs are realistic, but only if we get a few wins out of that lot, but I won't hold my breath!

RIP Sir Bobby

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 19:43 - Nov 9 with 1831 viewsbraveblue

2nd in league does not get you the sack.
Our tough period of the season to come then... on 20:07 - Nov 9 with 1810 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Our tough period of the season to come then... on 16:34 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

Someone’s an idiot because their football opinion differs form yours

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024