Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dubious driving from DPD 21:22 - Dec 30 with 3306 viewsStokieBlue

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dubious driving from DPD on 21:35 - Dec 30 with 3232 viewsronnyd

Hope it was Jeremy Whine on the penny farthing.
Dubious driving from DPD on 21:37 - Dec 30 with 3231 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Took a dive, didn't he?

DPD judged that perfectly but instead of swerving round the back, the cyclist steered into the back of the van.

Tongue-in-cheek by-the-way but it does look as if he would have avoided the van if he had swerved right instead of left. Instinct I am sure. The DPD driver obviously either didn't see him or badly misjudged his speed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dubious driving from DPD on 21:40 - Dec 30 with 3222 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dubious driving from DPD on 21:37 - Dec 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Took a dive, didn't he?

DPD judged that perfectly but instead of swerving round the back, the cyclist steered into the back of the van.

Tongue-in-cheek by-the-way but it does look as if he would have avoided the van if he had swerved right instead of left. Instinct I am sure. The DPD driver obviously either didn't see him or badly misjudged his speed.

As for a caption: DPD driver mistakes ordinary Victorian cyclist for Rees-Mogg.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dubious driving from DPD on 21:47 - Dec 30 with 3204 viewsWD19

This is quite literally an ‘ordinary’ scene in Stoke Newington.
Dubious driving from DPD on 22:28 - Dec 30 with 3114 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rees-Mogg on his way to the crematorium?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dubious driving from DPD on 23:10 - Dec 30 with 3069 viewsfactual_blue

Dubious driving from DPD on 22:28 - Dec 30 by Swansea_Blue

Rees-Mogg on his way to the crematorium?

I'm sure we all....

You know the rest.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dubious driving from DPD on 23:11 - Dec 30 with 3069 viewsSeablu

Facter’s protest at the privatisation of the nation’s parcel delivery service takes a nasty twist.
Dubious driving from DPD on 00:34 - Dec 31 with 3005 viewsfactual_blue

Dubious driving from DPD on 23:11 - Dec 30 by Seablu

Facter’s protest at the privatisation of the nation’s parcel delivery service takes a nasty twist.

*Facters'*

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Dubious driving from DPD on 08:18 - Dec 31 with 2909 viewsGuthrum

Dubious driving from DPD on 21:37 - Dec 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Took a dive, didn't he?

Or the driver thought "I can see a man riding a penny farthing. Must be hallucinating."

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dubious driving from DPD on 08:32 - Dec 31 with 2895 viewswkj

I have to admit, I don't really know what the cyclist was thinking turning into the lane like that. He gave no arm signals, he looked to be aiming for the pavement but it was busy. DPD driver cut it close, but I have to say the cyclist was more at fault here. Cyclist look like he tried to lean into the pedals for more thrust (see his bottom bounce) and once he cleared the curb he looked like he was trying to clip the van.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 8:34]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dubious driving from DPD on 08:35 - Dec 31 with 2878 viewsMrTown

Probably didn’t see him to be fair.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dubious driving from DPD on 09:04 - Dec 31 with 2842 viewsgiant_stow

Dubious driving from DPD on 08:18 - Dec 31 by Guthrum

Or the driver thought "I can see a man riding a penny farthing. Must be hallucinating."

Or the driver just thought he'd take the prick out.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dubious driving from DPD on 09:08 - Dec 31 with 2835 viewsMrTown

Dubious driving from DPD on 08:32 - Dec 31 by wkj

I have to admit, I don't really know what the cyclist was thinking turning into the lane like that. He gave no arm signals, he looked to be aiming for the pavement but it was busy. DPD driver cut it close, but I have to say the cyclist was more at fault here. Cyclist look like he tried to lean into the pedals for more thrust (see his bottom bounce) and once he cleared the curb he looked like he was trying to clip the van.

I'm more concerned as to why the cyclist is riding a bike 6 feet off the ground on a road.

What's the genuine point.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dubious driving from DPD on 09:08 - Dec 31 with 2835 viewsTractorWood

DPD is turning right and cyclist irrefutably has right of way. His intention to indicate is irrelevant.

DPD should be waiting in the road and indicating whilst waiting for the traffic to pass and it be safe to proceed right.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 9:10]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Dubious driving from DPD on 09:32 - Dec 31 with 2784 viewsIpswichKnight

Dubious driving from DPD on 09:08 - Dec 31 by MrTown

I'm more concerned as to why the cyclist is riding a bike 6 feet off the ground on a road.

What's the genuine point.

It’s Hackney and peak hipster territory only question is why wasn’t he dressed correctly in plus 4s!
Dubious driving from DPD on 10:20 - Dec 31 with 2711 viewsgordon

The cyclist veers because a massive van was suddenly heading straight for him - natural to veer left initially in this scenario. Presumably the handling on those things isn't great, making it difficult to then veer away right when the van is further along.
Dubious driving from DPD on 10:21 - Dec 31 with 2712 viewsBLUEBEAT

Jonny (really Jonty) Trunk is the kind of person who would be riding a penny farthing through Stoke Newington himself, normally. The foppish middle-class evaporate of a man.

Poll: W or W

Dubious driving from DPD on 13:43 - Dec 31 with 2598 viewsstonojnr

Dubious driving from DPD on 10:20 - Dec 31 by gordon

The cyclist veers because a massive van was suddenly heading straight for him - natural to veer left initially in this scenario. Presumably the handling on those things isn't great, making it difficult to then veer away right when the van is further along.

no on a normal bike youd have used the front brakes first to scrub speed, not necessarily stop as you cant move out of the way of things once you are stopped, so just slow enough to buy some time and then steered to the right if needed. and then complained about it in the pub (in normal times) to your friends.

because regardless of what the van does next the moment you realise its turning across you like that, if you turn left you will always head towards and collide with the van, be that the back end as this rider did, or the middle of it or worse even maybe under the front, and you wouldnt choose to put yourself in a t-bone situation in front of a van because the van wins that contest, you tend to steer away from the solid objects because they hurt when you hit them.

now that might all go out of the window given its not a normal bike and the rider could have panicked realising that even slowing a bit might involve them leaping off the bike into the road in traffic, you cant exactly just put your foot down to steady yourself, and going right when you know there was a double decker bus near you might be a bad idea. then did they hit a drain cover of bump in the road, and it just took them left

we dont know, but certainly going left resulted in them colliding with the van, yes its the van drivers fault ultimately for being an impatient so and so, but part of me wonders how experienced the rider was, as I cant imagine thats a rare occurence in most towns/cities, let alone London.
Dubious driving from DPD on 13:47 - Dec 31 with 2585 viewsBloomBlue

'Cyclist prosecuted for riding a bike with no brakes and damaging a DPD van'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024