Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... 21:49 - Jan 24 with 1211 viewsghostofescobar

(and he will, shortly) the Groundhog Day that is clown king Evans continues. The same exceptionally poor management from the top goes on and on and on. Bad decision after bad decision. A man with little clue about football in general, let alone the fabric of the club. I am thankful for his money, genuinely, but everything else is shocking. Does anyone truly think that Lambert going will change much? We’ve had over a decade of wrong decisions.

GhostOfEscobar

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 21:51 - Jan 24 with 1175 viewschrismakin

Depends

Will M.E call his mates for tips

M.E needs to look at it himself, put some time into researching available managers and have proper interview with them personally, Not going on recommendations from Arry and Fry.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 21:55 - Jan 24 with 1149 viewsBlueForYou

There is always the slim chance, the eternal hope, the dream, that he appoints the right guy purely by accident & we turn it around. In the meantime this is killing everyone & at a time where general life is just as bad.
The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 22:03 - Jan 24 with 1116 viewsRegencyBlue

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, just changing the manager is like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic at this point!

Lambert is A problem, Evans is THE problem and this club will not survive much more of his inept ownership.
The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 23:59 - Jan 24 with 1017 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 01:06 - Jan 25 with 956 viewscasanovacrow

Sadly I agree.

Reactive, short term, cheap, naive, blinkered, lazy, out of touch and temporary are all words that come to mind with his decision making. He needs to learn fast or just get someone in to do the entire job for him.

It's horrible as a fan to have an owner who seems to be fighting against the club and not with it. The club is not a passion project to him, it's a failed investment that he's just minimising losses on.
The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 08:57 - Jan 25 with 743 viewsSwansea_Blue

His decision making and timing around it has has consistently been our downfall, from picking bad managers, giveing them free rein to buy crap, not funding Mick when we actually had a chance, being too slow to respond, etc.

I'm not holding my breath over the next managerial choice, but let's hope he's learnt some lessons. If it's true that you learn from your mistakes, he should have learnt hell of a lot by now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:00 - Jan 25 with 729 viewsitfcjoe

You just have to hope the next manager is able to cover some of these flaws as Mick did for the first 3-4 years of his reign before it went sour.

A hope they can build the club from the bottom up.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:09 - Jan 25 with 700 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 08:57 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

His decision making and timing around it has has consistently been our downfall, from picking bad managers, giveing them free rein to buy crap, not funding Mick when we actually had a chance, being too slow to respond, etc.

I'm not holding my breath over the next managerial choice, but let's hope he's learnt some lessons. If it's true that you learn from your mistakes, he should have learnt hell of a lot by now.

The time he takes to pull the trigger when it's clearly got to a point of no return is just incredible and demonstrates how distant he is from the reality of the what's going on at the club.

Loads of us have known for a very long time that the dressing room and training ground is not a happy place. The football has been consistently awful in that period too.

What is the attraction of keeping Lambert? He's massively underachieving, has a big salary, is widely not liked by the fans, cannot set us up to beat anybody in the top 10, isn't good with the younger players etc.

I cannot think of a single reason to keep him.
Login to get fewer ads

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:23 - Jan 25 with 645 viewsbrazil1982

We need a competent first team coaching staff, it's really that simple. A coaching team that can improve our players and tactics with what we have got. It's what used to happen, and it's a tough job but achievable.
Would be really interesting watching the interviews.
The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 602 viewsSwansea_Blue

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:09 - Jan 25 by PrideOfTheEast

The time he takes to pull the trigger when it's clearly got to a point of no return is just incredible and demonstrates how distant he is from the reality of the what's going on at the club.

Loads of us have known for a very long time that the dressing room and training ground is not a happy place. The football has been consistently awful in that period too.

What is the attraction of keeping Lambert? He's massively underachieving, has a big salary, is widely not liked by the fans, cannot set us up to beat anybody in the top 10, isn't good with the younger players etc.

I cannot think of a single reason to keep him.

Yep. I can understand wanting to give managers time, but he seems capable of recognising when it turns toxic and beyond the point of recovery. He did the same with Mick.

Of course the other side effect of his delay this time will be that the incoming manager won't be able to make any changes to the squad. It was obvious that Lambert needed to go ages ago; he could have got someone else in and given them the window.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:34 - Jan 25 with 591 viewsDanTheMan

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:32 - Jan 25 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. I can understand wanting to give managers time, but he seems capable of recognising when it turns toxic and beyond the point of recovery. He did the same with Mick.

Of course the other side effect of his delay this time will be that the incoming manager won't be able to make any changes to the squad. It was obvious that Lambert needed to go ages ago; he could have got someone else in and given them the window.

I tell you what though, I'm very much looking forward to the post match interviews tomorrow.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:40 - Jan 25 with 550 viewshoppy

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:34 - Jan 25 by DanTheMan

I tell you what though, I'm very much looking forward to the post match interviews tomorrow.

Will there be any, once the blanket ban on the local media is in place?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:45 - Jan 25 with 522 viewssouthnorfolkblue

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 21:51 - Jan 24 by chrismakin

Depends

Will M.E call his mates for tips

M.E needs to look at it himself, put some time into researching available managers and have proper interview with them personally, Not going on recommendations from Arry and Fry.

I’d say the opposite. He should be nowhere near the interviews process. He should instead appoint a CEO with experience of running a football club to do just that.

Poll: Our final position

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 10:06 - Jan 25 with 482 viewsDanTheMan

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 09:40 - Jan 25 by hoppy

Will there be any, once the blanket ban on the local media is in place?

They can't ban all of them.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 10:21 - Jan 25 with 445 viewshoppy

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 10:06 - Jan 25 by DanTheMan

They can't ban all of them.

Don’t think the director did a very good job of casting the part of Phil there... attention to detail somewhat lacking...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The thing which is almost as depressing, is that when Lambert goes... on 10:36 - Jan 25 with 408 viewsDarth_Koont

Evans and ITFC need a man manager more than anything else. The most successful managers we’ve had since Prem relegation have been Royle and McCarthy who got more out of the players and the team as a result.

That doesn’t mean they can’t have tactical innovations up their sleeve or have a preferred style they want to develop. But it strikes me that at our level without excellent man-management skills then you’re always vulnerable anyway.

It’s also become a necessity with the large and unwieldy squad a new manager would inherit.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024