Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue 11:28 - Feb 21 with 1301 viewsunstableblue

****DISCALIMER - I 100% think Lambert should be removed, and even a caretaker set-up of Dyer/Butcher is preferable, if no immediate replacement is available. Lambert's record over his tenure, and over a considerable number of games this season, is completely unacceptable, given the squad. We have the players that demand a top two finish with effective coaching, it is crystal clear against better teams we do not have the depth of tactics required*****

Cming back to the point, and as I posted yesterday, and as Phil has now eluded to, the Oxford performance taken in isolation by Marcus as an indicator that Lambert has lost the dressing room and all hope - it just wasn't poor enough. And in a twisted way it was not what we needed as fans.

Marcus had to fire him after the dropping of Kenlock, Matheson and Judge against Posh, and the woeful lifeless Northampton performance - where Northampton decided that they couldn't hit a aircaraft hanger rather than a barn door. He didn't. And of course the string of terrible results this season. And woeful man management moments, including Jackson and Nolan recently.

But if Marcus watches the Oxford game, an opponent on incredible form (although I'm not sure they turned up!), thinks back to the Blackpool game. Then the lever in his mind for the ejector seat gets moved back a little to the off position.

Look of course its League 3 and its frickin Oxford frickin United. But the press was really good yesterday, the returning centre backs were positive, especially Wilson. And Bishop linking with Parrot and Norwood caused us to get 3 chances that should have been goals on any other day.

You don't get that press from lost dressing rooms, you simply don't.

Note: Kenlock continued to do so much right yesterday, and I thought Dozzell had moments.

Thats all I'm saying. Its wrong, he HAS TO GO... I mean bringing in Matheson, and two creative midfielders out of Marcus pocket, and then putting them to sidelines? Doesn't Marcus even think about this sh!t? etc etc etc etc

If the fans were in the ground - HE WOULD BE GONE! period. The atmosphere towards the pitch would be so negative as to hinder player performance meaning Lambert's departure is guaranteed!?

Mick left as the atmosphere was so poisonous even after a 1-0 win over Barnsley; fans had just had enough of the football fare, we'd had the spanking to out of form Hull at PR, we hadn't scored at home since January before the Millwall draw in April. But it was fans in the stadium that made the decision for Marcus. And Norwich away game was amplified by the fan interface, god knows what Lambert would be doing in reacting to the fan reception he'd currently be getting.

Hurst had a much more binary results set - there was only Swansea away to fug Marcus' mind, and some draws in September. But the senior players were clearly lost (Chambo looked into it yesterday) and the QPR 2-0 home loss was greeted by derision in the stands as we had 3 shots to their 13.

Fans in ground he simply wouldn't be here. A Northampton type performance against Oxfrod, he wouldn't be here.

Sensible thoughts welcome???

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:33 - Feb 21 with 1253 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive man, you've got more reverse gears than an Italian tank.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:36 - Feb 21 with 1217 viewsunstableblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:33 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

Christ alive man, you've got more reverse gears than an Italian tank.

Do you think if fans were in the ground he'd be gone by now?

Do you think if the Oxford performance had matched the depths of the Northampton game, he'd be gone by now?

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:38 - Feb 21 with 1207 viewsBlueBadger

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:36 - Feb 21 by unstableblue

Do you think if fans were in the ground he'd be gone by now?

Do you think if the Oxford performance had matched the depths of the Northampton game, he'd be gone by now?

It's not that, it's more 'well, we've had a goalless draw at home in the third division, perhaps he should stay on now' last night, now you're doing this.

Either work out what you think, or stop drinking and posting.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:46 - Feb 21 with 1179 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting thoughts but I would advise against referring to Evans as Marcus, as if he is some kind of mate. I don't know what Evans gets out of owning Ipswich, some sort of cachet that promotes his hospitality business seems a little far fetched these days, but I do wonder if there are revenue streams arising from youth development that are beyond the reporting remit of clubs. Maybe neither of things, but I doubt very much whether a businessman like Evans would have acquired Ipswich Town in the way he did, or continue to hold the 'asset', without a commercial reason. Maybe I'm wrong and he is just trying to avoid going down the deluded Robert Maxwell 'one of the crowd' japes that got pulled at Oxford United all those years ago, Maybe Evans gets some type of disinterested amusement from our football club; but that seems to have been the modus operandi of the Cobbolds and they put a whole lot more effort into the well being of the club.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:50 - Feb 21 with 1162 viewsunstableblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:38 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

It's not that, it's more 'well, we've had a goalless draw at home in the third division, perhaps he should stay on now' last night, now you're doing this.

Either work out what you think, or stop drinking and posting.

The problem BlueBadger is you have a view of my posts even before you even open them.

"It's not that, it's more 'well, we've had a goalless draw at home in the third division, perhaps he should stay on now' last night, now you're doing this."

Unghhhhh - well that was inconclusive wasn't it? by unstableblue 20 Feb 2021 17:48
The Northampton game was the 0-0 headless, woeful performance, to sack Lambert straight after, following on from some of the ineptitude of his Posh selection.

But today the players actually put in a really decent press, which never strikes me as a team that you can clearly go 'he's lost the dressing room!'

His bold selection of two centre backs straight from injury really worked.

And Bishop,Norwood and Parrot was clicking at times,with Dozzell some OK stuff. Kenlock I thought was really good bar one howler. Chambo had a better game.

BUT - Oxford had an off day at the office,Parrot couldn;t hit a barn door, and there just wasn't enough clear improved coaching in the final third to indicate we look like a team with any threat!

What I was actually typing yesterday was the point (as I'm repeating today) that we needed it to be more conclusive more sh!t, I wan't defending Lambert (I've repeatedly stated he needs to go before this post), more making the point that it wasn't what we needed - and of course my point on the performance - "BUT - Oxford had an off day at the office,Parrot couldn;t hit a barn door, and there just wasn't enough clear improved coaching in the final third to indicate we look like a team with any threat!"

Read the posts this week:
Technical! Progressive! Management Structure! Overloads! Strategy! Tactical..,. by unstableblue 20 Feb 2021 11:06
....Acumen! Board Scrutiny! Brentford! Trumpist Satanist! Footballing Director! Robinson! Objectives!.....

These used to be my favourite words.... now there are only two:

“Lambert Out!”

(Oh and “Orange Twirl”)

WHOOOOOAAAAAAA by unstableblue 20 Feb 2021 14:26
Bennets just hasn't warranted a place in his performances

McGuiness has been good... Toto and Wilson have been injured

Matheson was the start of something good - who he dropped and brought in, in the first place; Chambo won't handle the Oxford style

Only the inclusion of Parrot and Norwood is of any merit

Guys a nutter

Who’s paying their £10 today for iFollow today!? by unstableblue 20 Feb 2021 13:17
I will be!

As well as wearing some sado masochist bondage gear

I cannot believe he’s still here??? by unstableblue 18 Feb 2021 12:40
Marcus’ judgement is soooooo way off the mark, isn’t it?

Lambert is just rambling and has lost the plot.

He set up and motivated a team to be 25% the sum of its parts against a weak Northampton side.

Key figures and the media are outpouring despair at the state of the club.

Whilst a few saw some merit in the Posh shape change, and it garnered a goal, it was a ridiculous decision.

Just watching how the form of the loanees dropped of a cliff on Tuesday should almost be reason enough.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a million times - look at the boards and mgmt structures of Norwich and Brentford - the expertise, local passion, and roles that are needed to guide and assure a clubs strategy!!!

You do not have success with the model we have, you do not select the right managers without scrutiny.

Absolutely ridiculous now. Just hope the delay is all about setting up the new man - and hopefully at least a new CEO

Its a football forum

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:58 - Feb 21 with 1140 viewsunstableblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:46 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

Interesting thoughts but I would advise against referring to Evans as Marcus, as if he is some kind of mate. I don't know what Evans gets out of owning Ipswich, some sort of cachet that promotes his hospitality business seems a little far fetched these days, but I do wonder if there are revenue streams arising from youth development that are beyond the reporting remit of clubs. Maybe neither of things, but I doubt very much whether a businessman like Evans would have acquired Ipswich Town in the way he did, or continue to hold the 'asset', without a commercial reason. Maybe I'm wrong and he is just trying to avoid going down the deluded Robert Maxwell 'one of the crowd' japes that got pulled at Oxford United all those years ago, Maybe Evans gets some type of disinterested amusement from our football club; but that seems to have been the modus operandi of the Cobbolds and they put a whole lot more effort into the well being of the club.

Having spent time with the senior Ipswich team some years back on a project, but not Evans directly. What I'm told is he is a genuine Town fan, and his interest in the main is for Town success on the pitch as a supporter, I'm sure there will be other business interests - I don;t understand any tax advantage for example. Phil, will know more than I.

But I do know people who work for Marcus Evans the business, and I wouldn't say there is glowing praise for the culture and business operations.

And at the heart of this nightmare we find ourselves in, is that Evans has proven to be completely unfit for purpose in terms of running a football club and organisation. I've talked about this ad infinitum.... but the way he puts 'ministers without portfolio' in key roles, but doesn't cede control, he lack of a really energetic and football savvy CEO running day to day operations. But of course and most critically his decision making without scrutiny or board oversight - these manager appointments are shocking; bar Mick, 4, FOUR appointments of basically inept nutters.... 1 maybe, 2 - but FOUR!

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:19 - Feb 21 with 1082 viewsRegencyBlue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:58 - Feb 21 by unstableblue

Having spent time with the senior Ipswich team some years back on a project, but not Evans directly. What I'm told is he is a genuine Town fan, and his interest in the main is for Town success on the pitch as a supporter, I'm sure there will be other business interests - I don;t understand any tax advantage for example. Phil, will know more than I.

But I do know people who work for Marcus Evans the business, and I wouldn't say there is glowing praise for the culture and business operations.

And at the heart of this nightmare we find ourselves in, is that Evans has proven to be completely unfit for purpose in terms of running a football club and organisation. I've talked about this ad infinitum.... but the way he puts 'ministers without portfolio' in key roles, but doesn't cede control, he lack of a really energetic and football savvy CEO running day to day operations. But of course and most critically his decision making without scrutiny or board oversight - these manager appointments are shocking; bar Mick, 4, FOUR appointments of basically inept nutters.... 1 maybe, 2 - but FOUR!

I don’t buy the genuine Town fan argument for one minute! He was looking at buying Southampton at the same time as he was looking at us and it’s often claimed he is actually a Chelsea fan.

We are a failed business venture for him and that’s it. I think he wants rid of us but seems to think the club is more valuable than it is.
The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:23 - Feb 21 with 1060 viewsStokieBlue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:50 - Feb 21 by unstableblue

The problem BlueBadger is you have a view of my posts even before you even open them.

"It's not that, it's more 'well, we've had a goalless draw at home in the third division, perhaps he should stay on now' last night, now you're doing this."

Unghhhhh - well that was inconclusive wasn't it? by unstableblue 20 Feb 2021 17:48
The Northampton game was the 0-0 headless, woeful performance, to sack Lambert straight after, following on from some of the ineptitude of his Posh selection.

But today the players actually put in a really decent press, which never strikes me as a team that you can clearly go 'he's lost the dressing room!'

And Bishop,Norwood and Parrot was clicking at times,with Dozzell some OK stuff. Kenlock I thought was really good bar one howler. Chambo had a better game.

BUT - Oxford had an off day at the office,Parrot couldn;t hit a barn door, and there just wasn't enough clear improved coaching in the final third to indicate we look like a team with any threat!

What I was actually typing yesterday was the point (as I'm repeating today) that we needed it to be more conclusive more sh!t, I wan't defending Lambert (I've repeatedly stated he needs to go before this post), more making the point that it wasn't what we needed - and of course my point on the performance - "BUT - Oxford had an off day at the office,Parrot couldn;t hit a barn door, and there just wasn't enough clear improved coaching in the final third to indicate we look like a team with any threat!"

Technical! Progressive! Management Structure! Overloads! Strategy! Tactical..,. by unstableblue 20 Feb 2021 11:06
....Acumen! Board Scrutiny! Brentford! Trumpist Satanist! Footballing Director! Robinson! Objectives!.....

“Lambert Out!”

(Oh and “Orange Twirl”)

Matheson was the start of something good - who he dropped and brought in, in the first place; Chambo won't handle the Oxford style

Guys a nutter

Who’s paying their £10 today for iFollow today!? by unstableblue 20 Feb 2021 13:17
I will be!

He set up and motivated a team to be 25% the sum of its parts against a weak Northampton side.

Whilst a few saw some merit in the Posh shape change, and it garnered a goal, it was a ridiculous decision.

Just watching how the form of the loanees dropped of a cliff on Tuesday should almost be reason enough.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a million times - look at the boards and mgmt structures of Norwich and Brentford - the expertise, local passion, and roles that are needed to guide and assure a clubs strategy!!!

You do not have success with the model we have, you do not select the right managers without scrutiny.

Absolutely ridiculous now. Just hope the delay is all about setting up the new man - and hopefully at least a new CEO

Its a football forum

"What I was actually typing yesterday was the point (as I'm repeating today) that we needed it to be more conclusive more sh!t,"

This is simply untrue though. It's been conclusively sh!t for months so why do we need one more showing to prove that point?

Nobody should need anymore evidence to prove the point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:30 - Feb 21 with 1031 viewsunstableblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:19 - Feb 21 by RegencyBlue

I don’t buy the genuine Town fan argument for one minute! He was looking at buying Southampton at the same time as he was looking at us and it’s often claimed he is actually a Chelsea fan.

We are a failed business venture for him and that’s it. I think he wants rid of us but seems to think the club is more valuable than it is.

You may be right. May well have been spin. A lot of talk of efforts made to get to away games, etc.

And I’d love to say more. But will leave it there for professional reasons.

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:31 - Feb 21 with 1021 viewspointofblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:23 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

"What I was actually typing yesterday was the point (as I'm repeating today) that we needed it to be more conclusive more sh!t,"

This is simply untrue though. It's been conclusively sh!t for months so why do we need one more showing to prove that point?

SB

Going by Phil’s posts this morning that does seem to be correct, however.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:32 - Feb 21 with 1018 viewsunstableblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:23 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

SB

I know that, you know that, the message board knows that, the local and national media know that.

But my point is Marcus still seems to want more sway before triggering the financial penalties of sacking him - let me quote Phil:

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown by PhilTWTD 21 Feb 2021 9:44
From what I was hearing at the end of the week it was all being readied to get done. They obviously had a chat on Friday, even if not the 'big meeting', and then yesterday's result evidently must have had some impact. No idea whether the owner still believes or is just loath to pay out on a settlement and a new incoming boss.

We all know where this is going to end up, a decison finally made when it's far too late for the new manager to turn it around.

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:35 - Feb 21 with 997 viewsunstableblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:31 - Feb 21 by pointofblue

Going by Phil’s posts this morning that does seem to be correct, however.

Thank You

I actually reposted Phil’s post.

Everyone knows he needs to go; but Marcus is dithering and to my point with no fans in the ground to directly influence and clearly a significant financial penalty to incur we needed Oxford display to look like a dressing room lost

And for all the protestations - it just didn’t look that way

Lambert OUT

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:40 - Feb 21 with 979 viewsRegencyBlue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:30 - Feb 21 by unstableblue

You may be right. May well have been spin. A lot of talk of efforts made to get to away games, etc.

And I’d love to say more. But will leave it there for professional reasons.

Fair enough.

I’m not saying he wouldn’t have an interest in how his ‘investment’ was doing by attending matches etc, but as I say I don’t see any evidence of his purchase of the club being anything other than a business venture which blew up spectacularly in his face.
The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 13:10 - Feb 21 with 945 viewsBlueBadger

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 11:50 - Feb 21 by unstableblue

“Lambert Out!”

(Oh and “Orange Twirl”)

Guys a nutter

I will be!

Its a football forum

I think the main trouble people have with your opinions is that you appear to change them more often than your underpants. We don't NEED any more proof that Lambert is a terrible football manage, he's been showng that for over two years.

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 13:40 - Feb 21 with 898 viewsunstableblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 13:10 - Feb 21 by BlueBadger

I think the main trouble people have with your opinions is that you appear to change them more often than your underpants. We don't NEED any more proof that Lambert is a terrible football manage, he's been showng that for over two years.

Again you’re not reading my post. Everyone bar Marcus doesn’t NEED anymore evidence. Clearly Marcus does. He’s sticking to one of his 5 point plan items about manager stability.

Do you think if Oxford had shown a team shot to bits he’d have pressed the button? Do you think of fans had been in the ground he would have pressed the button?

As for underpants changing - I report the performances on the pitch, always have always will. Praise Micks good, questioned the poor. Period.

I am more than happy to admit that I had hoped Lambert could build on some better passing, and there a few performances earlier this season. But I was wrong to not FOCUS on my consistent concern that the attacking training and team selections were massively questionable- a concern I have been very consistent with.

It’s a football forum. Don’t make it so personal.

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue by unstableblue 21 Feb 2021 12:32
I know that, you know that, the message board knows that, the local and national media know that.

But my point is Marcus still seems to want more sway before triggering the financial penalties of sacking him - let me quote Phil:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/500456/4857038/so-looks-like-we-are-going-to-waste-another-couple-of-games-then-with-this-clown-by-philtwtd#4857038

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 13:47 - Feb 21 with 878 viewsMetal_Hacker

I don’t understand the thought process

Saying how good we were against a very much in form team

And then made comment that you weren’t sure if Oxford actually showed up ?

Fact is , they turned up , were the better side , controlled the second half and we huffed and puffed

Poll: If it were one or the other

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 13:55 - Feb 21 with 851 viewsWD19

Even Hurst would have been able to gather more positive results in Division 3.

Lambert is a very poor manager actively trying to get himself fired. I am
Not sure that leaves much to debate.
The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 13:57 - Feb 21 with 838 viewsPlums

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 12:19 - Feb 21 by RegencyBlue

What you say is true but I don’t care how heard nosed a businessman you are, if you’ve sunk £100m into a football club, I’m sure you’d develop some sort of attachment.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 23:50 - Feb 21 with 683 viewsunstableblue

The Oxford performance was not the calamity required; no fans in ground is issue on 13:47 - Feb 21 by Metal_Hacker

I don’t understand the thought process

Saying how good we were against a very much in form team

And then made comment that you weren’t sure if Oxford actually showed up ?

Fact is , they turned up , were the better side , controlled the second half and we huffed and puffed

Errrrr.... when on earth did I say how good we were??? I was saying we just weren’t bad enough!! Did you read the post?

I did say the press was good, errrr because it was. And a few players.

Have a go at EADT for their twisted positive reporting:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/wilson-on-ipswich-draw-with-oxford-765

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024