Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch 15:45 - Feb 27 with 2712 viewsMatt_Netherlands

As is Keanan. Some things haven’t changed!
Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:47 - Feb 27 with 2692 viewsBluefish

I'm enjoying watching him. It isn't always working but he is trying things and growing. Teams should build in a way to have that sort of player

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:48 - Feb 27 with 2660 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Think he is looking a little better.

A shot on target and better use of the ball generally. Frustrating when put through on goal later on and a dodgey header in defence.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:49 - Feb 27 with 2655 viewsDublinBlue84

If he was a bit stronger, with a bit better end product and stopped falling over so often, he'd be far better.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:49 - Feb 27 with 2647 viewschrismakin

I wish he was our player. Least that way you could cope watching him as you see him develop.

I just hate that we have dobra in u23s who could do the same job.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:53 - Feb 27 with 2586 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:49 - Feb 27 by chrismakin

I wish he was our player. Least that way you could cope watching him as you see him develop.

I just hate that we have dobra in u23s who could do the same job.

Exactly this. He’s miles away from a Fraser or a Lawrence or even a Celina who were already amore rounded players when they arrived, I can’t help but feel Dobra woukd offer just as much, albeit without quite as much pace.
Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:55 - Feb 27 with 2553 viewsKeaneish

Terrible at tracking back and defending and no end product going forward. If his terms agree, I’d expect him to be one of the first loans terminated.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 16:01 - Feb 27 with 2502 viewsBluefish

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:55 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

Terrible at tracking back and defending and no end product going forward. If his terms agree, I’d expect him to be one of the first loans terminated.

How do you always manage to be so wrong? It is an interesting gift

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 16:02 - Feb 27 with 2490 viewsjayessess

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:55 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

Loanees can't move between windows.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 16:04 - Feb 27 with 2468 viewsStenvict

Nice to see him send the Donny defender for a hot dog

Poll: What will be announced first?

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 16:33 - Feb 27 with 2406 viewsKeaneish

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 16:02 - Feb 27 by jayessess

Loanees can't move between windows.

Is that right? Under-23s then.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 16:59 - Feb 27 with 2347 viewsPlums

His brain thinks he’s got one more foot than he actually has.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 16:59]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 17:11 - Feb 27 with 2309 viewsjayessess

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 16:33 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

Is that right? Under-23s then.

Not sure we've got huge numbers of wide forwards I'd rather have out there. Thomas has done nothing, Edwards and Lankester haven't had an effective game in months. Dobra's probably the only one with much of a case to replace him (and he gives the ball away five times as often as Bennetts!).

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 17:21 - Feb 27 with 2256 viewsblueconscience

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 15:49 - Feb 27 by DublinBlue84

If he was a bit stronger, with a bit better end product and stopped falling over so often, he'd be far better.

Then he wouldn’t be on loan here

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 19:54 - Feb 27 with 2170 viewsrattram

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 17:11 - Feb 27 by jayessess

Not sure we've got huge numbers of wide forwards I'd rather have out there. Thomas has done nothing, Edwards and Lankester haven't had an effective game in months. Dobra's probably the only one with much of a case to replace him (and he gives the ball away five times as often as Bennetts!).

No one gives the ball away as often as Bennetts. A show pony with no end product
Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 22:40 - Feb 27 with 2056 viewsjayessess

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 19:54 - Feb 27 by rattram

No one gives the ball away as often as Bennetts. A show pony with no end product

From whoscored:
Dobra dispossessed 2.8 per 90
Bennetts 0.5/90

Completes more crosses, higher pass completion, more successful dribbles...

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 22:48 - Feb 27 with 2035 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 22:40 - Feb 27 by jayessess

From whoscored:
Dobra dispossessed 2.8 per 90
Bennetts 0.5/90

Completes more crosses, higher pass completion, more successful dribbles...

I can't believe the completes more crosses one. Bennetts' crossing is woeful. I cannot recall a single one that ended with a Town player.

I think the frustration is that Dobra could have been progressed over the past season and a bit to be somewhere close to what we are getting in Bennetts. Instead we are progressing someone else's talent for them. Of course, if Bennetts does enough to get us up it mitigates this somewhat but he is unlikely to be our player at the end of that. Then again, who knows on that front. I think he does have more potential than Dobra.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 23:02 - Feb 27 with 2009 viewsGodzilla

Mick Mills is a bit harsh on him during recent commentaries, players that are willing to run at defenders are rare these days and should be encouraged not ridiculed - if Bennetts comes good he will be a gem for someone - hopefully us .
Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 08:01 - Feb 28 with 1871 viewstextbackup

I think it’s a good balance on that right hand side him and chambers, means chambers doesn’t need to bomb forwards at 35 years old.

However, Bennetts end product is really not too great, I get him running at players worries defenders and unsettles them, but 45 step overs, loss of control, and a poor touch later and Doncaster were on the attack yesterday, twice, from him having the ball.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 09:56 - Feb 28 with 1779 viewsjayessess

Kieran Bennetts is still infuriating to watch on 22:48 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I can't believe the completes more crosses one. Bennetts' crossing is woeful. I cannot recall a single one that ended with a Town player.

I think the frustration is that Dobra could have been progressed over the past season and a bit to be somewhere close to what we are getting in Bennetts. Instead we are progressing someone else's talent for them. Of course, if Bennetts does enough to get us up it mitigates this somewhat but he is unlikely to be our player at the end of that. Then again, who knows on that front. I think he does have more potential than Dobra.

It's per 90, rather than %, so he's completing more crosses because he gets into more crossing positions even though he spoons most of them into the stands.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024