Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now 23:06 - Feb 28 with 1551 viewshatch

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/298738-paul-lambert/

It’s amazing how desperate some fans can get
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 23:12]
Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:08 - Feb 28 with 1519 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They are welcome to him. Would match quite well I reckon.

He will play the "very unfortunate to be sacked as I had just started to turn things around" card. Only those too lazy to look at the whole 2.5 years will fall for it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:08 - Feb 28 with 1507 viewswkj

He could certainly guide them into a new division.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:09 - Feb 28 with 1466 viewsBlueBadger

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:08 - Feb 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

He will play the "very unfortunate to be sacked as I had just started to turn things around" card. Only those too lazy to look at the whole 2.5 years will fall for it.

In all fairness, there was a fair chunk here who were too lazy to look at his preceding decade of employment and fell for it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:13 - Feb 28 with 1407 viewswkj

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:09 - Feb 28 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, there was a fair chunk here who were too lazy to look at his preceding decade of employment and fell for it.

Thing of it all is - I have to give a new manager the benefit of the doubt when they come in most cases. It was near impossible to know what to expect when he came in as Hurst had pretty much dismantled the squad.

That was his saving grace though and what bought him time and patience for many I believe - had Lambert came in after Mick and performed as poorly then he'd have been given next to no leeway.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:30 - Feb 28 with 1245 viewsdavblue

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:09 - Feb 28 by BlueBadger

The job he done off the pitch in those early months was much needed, he reinvigorated the support again.

He was crap on the pitch but he done a really good job off it in that early part of his career here.

It brought him some goodwill, but that was never going to last.

We should have never appointed him though, I remember messaging my brother after it was confirmed that he was finished and nothing I’ve seen on the pitch has altered that view.
Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:56 - Feb 28 with 1162 viewsBlueBadger

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:30 - Feb 28 by davblue

The job he done off the pitch in those early months was much needed, he reinvigorated the support again.

He was crap on the pitch but he done a really good job off it in that early part of his career here.

It brought him some goodwill, but that was never going to last.

We should have never appointed him though, I remember messaging my brother after it was confirmed that he was finished and nothing I’ve seen on the pitch has altered that view.

The trouble with making the right noises is without anything to back it up it's just that - noise. worthless, meaningless noise.

I'm still amazed he got away with it so long, particularly given the supine nature of our relegation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:59 - Feb 28 with 1144 viewspointofblue

Lambert shouldn't get another management role; he's had so many failures post Villa how can he be expected to be given another chance?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 00:03 - Mar 1 with 1125 viewsBlueBadger

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:59 - Feb 28 by pointofblue

Lambert shouldn't get another management role; he's had so many failures post Villa how can he be expected to be given another chance?

There are always stupid chairmen. How many jobs did Roy Keane get after leaving us? In fact, of all our bad managers under Evans all of them have gotten jobs since failing here.

Login to get fewer ads

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 00:07 - Mar 1 with 1108 viewspointofblue

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 00:03 - Mar 1 by BlueBadger

There are always stupid chairmen. How many jobs did Roy Keane get after leaving us? In fact, of all our bad managers under Evans all of them have gotten jobs since failing here.

To be fair, neither Keane or Jewell have been given another management job since leaving us - Keane's had a couple of assistant roles, ironically one of them with Lambert at Villa!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 00:24 - Mar 1 with 1068 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Including you, who said he was an adequate to very good manager who would take us from bottom to 15th in the Championship.
Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 01:07 - Mar 1 with 981 viewsBlueBadger

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 00:07 - Mar 1 by pointofblue

To be fair, neither Keane or Jewell have been given another management job since leaving us - Keane's had a couple of assistant roles, ironically one of them with Lambert at Villa!

The very fact that Lambert employed Keane should have said to Evans 'don't employ this man, he's clearly a fraud'.

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 01:08 - Mar 1 with 980 viewsBlueBadger

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 00:24 - Mar 1 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Including you, who said he was an adequate to very good manager who would take us from bottom to 15th in the Championship.

[citation needed]

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 01:14 - Mar 1 with 966 viewsSpruceMoose

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 00:24 - Mar 1 by King_ding_a_lin_g

[X] to doubt

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 06:06 - Mar 1 with 856 viewsbrogansnose

Yep, he could certainly do a job for them, as in making certain that they do actually get relegated. He's good at that, practised it with us.
Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 06:26 - Mar 1 with 808 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:08 - Feb 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wouldn’t be too hard to construct something that looks much more positive than it actually was for him. Top in January 2020 then blame it all on Covid (obviously forgetting the horrendous run we were on). Unbeaten in the first 15 games of same season or whatever it was.

Good start to 2020/2021 season results wise, fell away with injuries, starting to pick up when players back.

Obviously anybody doing proper research would plug the gaps and ask how on earth failed to get promoted last season given position in October.
Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 06:46 - Mar 1 with 752 viewschicoazul

Some Wednesday fans actually thinking Lambert would do a job for them now on 23:59 - Feb 28 by pointofblue

AtVilla and arguably here too he acted as a lightning rod for the chairman. Lots of clubs will be interested in him on that basis, he’s happy to take all the schitt.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024