Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walker and Gill 15:56 - Mar 1 with 1231 viewschrismakin

Is it normal for a club to tell a new manager that certain people WILL be at the club if the manager accepts the position.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Walker and Gill on 15:56 - Mar 1 with 1208 viewsKieran_Knows

A key thing to note here, is that Walker and Gill are on rolling 1 year contracts. I suspect they'll see the season out, and Town won't renew. Especially if Cook has his own staff he wants to bring in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Walker and Gill on 15:57 - Mar 1 with 1196 viewsOsborneOneNil

I thought that was a little odd too.
Walker and Gill on 15:57 - Mar 1 with 1195 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think we've done that? Sounds like talks are reasonably advanced and he's probably been asked about keeping them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Walker and Gill on 16:00 - Mar 1 with 1131 viewschrismakin

Walker and Gill on 15:57 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

I don't think we've done that? Sounds like talks are reasonably advanced and he's probably been asked about keeping them.

It's this bit

"think it’s important for the football club to have stability in those roles and they are developing so they are people we would want at the football club. So whoever the new manager may be, they are part of the club structure going forward.”

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Walker and Gill on 16:00 - Mar 1 with 1130 viewsBeckets

Walker and Gill on 15:56 - Mar 1 by Kieran_Knows

A key thing to note here, is that Walker and Gill are on rolling 1 year contracts. I suspect they'll see the season out, and Town won't renew. Especially if Cook has his own staff he wants to bring in.

Cook’s usual goalkeeping coach Nick Colgan has a job at Forest and another one of his usual coaches is at Chelsea. So there is room for Gill and Walker.
Walker and Gill on 16:02 - Mar 1 with 1099 viewsOldTimer2

It does happen and we would not be unique in that. Think that Chelsea have kept some people on for example and we have done in the past as well. A lot will ultimately depend on who the manager is and who they want to being in, do they want a clean sweep and are the people they usually work with immediately available.

Bobby Robson - thank you

Walker and Gill on 16:12 - Mar 1 with 1008 viewsRadlett_blue

Walker and Gill on 16:02 - Mar 1 by OldTimer2

It does happen and we would not be unique in that. Think that Chelsea have kept some people on for example and we have done in the past as well. A lot will ultimately depend on who the manager is and who they want to being in, do they want a clean sweep and are the people they usually work with immediately available.

I think these "clean sweeps", such as Keane was allowed to do, are generally a bad idea, especially for a club with limited resources like Town. I think a new manager should be allowed to bring in one trusted assistant/coach but otherwise get on with whoever's here. If after a while he thinks certain people aren't up to scratch e.g. sports science (which is theoretically O'Neill's domain) then he should agitate for change.
I'm still intrigued what all these things are that Lambert kept hinting about that are wrong at PR & if Evans will be encouraged to improve them by the new man.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Walker and Gill on 16:14 - Mar 1 with 979 viewsJ2BLUE

Walker and Gill on 16:00 - Mar 1 by chrismakin

It's this bit

"think it’s important for the football club to have stability in those roles and they are developing so they are people we would want at the football club. So whoever the new manager may be, they are part of the club structure going forward.”

Hadn't seen that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Walker and Gill on 16:45 - Mar 1 with 856 viewsMullet

Walker and Gill on 16:00 - Mar 1 by Beckets

Cook’s usual goalkeeping coach Nick Colgan has a job at Forest and another one of his usual coaches is at Chelsea. So there is room for Gill and Walker.

David Preece has just announced he's leaving Ostersunds to come back to England as he misses his family too much etc.

Would be a good opportunity if we can tempt him. He seems to be very astute and well thought of in the game.

I thought Walker looked like he was doing good work at Burton in our first game. I was watching him with work with the young keeper we got from WBA and it looked really good, but there's an argument he is tainted by the PL era and that neither Holy or Cornell look measurably better than when they arrived I guess?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Walker and Gill on 16:51 - Mar 1 with 800 viewsBeckets

Walker and Gill on 16:45 - Mar 1 by Mullet

David Preece has just announced he's leaving Ostersunds to come back to England as he misses his family too much etc.

Would be a good opportunity if we can tempt him. He seems to be very astute and well thought of in the game.

I thought Walker looked like he was doing good work at Burton in our first game. I was watching him with work with the young keeper we got from WBA and it looked really good, but there's an argument he is tainted by the PL era and that neither Holy or Cornell look measurably better than when they arrived I guess?

Preece is a highly regarded goalkeeping coach for sure. It's another area where we can improve. I'd say Holy and Cornell are just adequate and no more.
Walker and Gill on 17:03 - Mar 1 with 743 viewsGeorge03

Do manger change the GK coach?
Although lambert brought in Walker, i don't think the club had properly replaced Malcome Webster, so a new GK coach was needed
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 17:09]
Walker and Gill on 17:07 - Mar 1 with 721 viewsPhilTWTD

Walker and Gill on 15:56 - Mar 1 by Kieran_Knows

I was thinking the same, if the new manager doesn't take to them he can bring his own men in in the summer. Similar has happened before here under ME. Chris Kiwomya stayed on as reserves coach after Jim left, Andy Liddell remained as fitness coach under Mick having joined under Paul Jewell etc.
Walker and Gill on 17:14 - Mar 1 with 672 viewsBlueBadger

Presumably this is people like Dyer and Klug who the club would be mad to let go.

Again(in the case of Klug).

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Walker and Gill on 17:18 - Mar 1 with 653 viewsmonty_radio

Walker and Gill on 16:12 - Mar 1 by Radlett_blue

I think these "clean sweeps", such as Keane was allowed to do, are generally a bad idea, especially for a club with limited resources like Town. I think a new manager should be allowed to bring in one trusted assistant/coach but otherwise get on with whoever's here. If after a while he thinks certain people aren't up to scratch e.g. sports science (which is theoretically O'Neill's domain) then he should agitate for change.
I'm still intrigued what all these things are that Lambert kept hinting about that are wrong at PR & if Evans will be encouraged to improve them by the new man.

Given that such comments as emerge from the club are specifically designed to tick the communicating box while actually telling us that nothing is happening, it's no surprise that we haven't learnt what these issues were.

But given also that Evans has for long decided his level of commitment and stuck to it, I would imagine that there was only really one issue that got Evans' juices going: that Lambert had gone very public in hinting at inadequacies that could only be laid at the owner's door. Whatever the content of Lambert's gripes, they only appeared to trouble him after he'd become the target of the Star et al.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024