Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Frank Worthington 09:06 - Mar 23 with 2673 viewsMetal_Hacker

Quality goal fella !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:08 - Mar 23 with 2292 viewsPJH

RIP indeed.

It was a quality goal.

There are a lot leaving us recently from what was a golden age for football-TWTD.
RIP Frank Worthington on 09:09 - Mar 23 with 2285 viewsBluespeed225

Yup, expect to see that a lot today. Even Butcher loves that goal!
RIP Frank Worthington on 09:15 - Mar 23 with 2253 viewsPhilTWTD

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:09 - Mar 23 by Bluespeed225

Yup, expect to see that a lot today. Even Butcher loves that goal!

RIP indeed. I met Frank briefly at a Huddersfield game a couple of years ago. I also spoke to Terry about that goal and Frank a year ago.

Butcher on the Best Goal Ever Scored Against Town 9th Apr 2020 10:02
Bolton Wanderers would have been the Blues’ opponents at Portman Road on Good Friday and coincidentally, 41 years ago this month, Frank Worthington netted what’s often regarded as the greatest goal ever scored against Town in a game between the sides at Burnden Park. TWTD had a chat with legend Terry Butcher to talk about that goal, the Blues’ transitional 1978/79 season and some of football’s current issues. 10

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:15 - Mar 23 with 2238 viewsgainsboroughblue

Great player. I remember seeing him score a hat-trick down here for Southampton pretty much at the end of his career. He would have been about 36 and was still head and shoulders above the other 21 players on the pitch.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:21 - Mar 23 with 2207 viewsWallingford_Boy

Oh no, thats a real shame, he really was quality.

The poor mans Georgie Best.

RIP Sir Bobby

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:26 - Mar 23 with 2183 viewsgainsboroughblue

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:21 - Mar 23 by Wallingford_Boy

Oh no, thats a real shame, he really was quality.

The poor mans Georgie Best.

Am I right in saying that he signed for Liverpool but failed a medical?

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:26 - Mar 23 with 2183 viewsKeno

you younger listeners the goal is

McCoist credits Frank for teaching 'a lot' in his early days. As a teenager he moved to Sunderland where the manager with it would be a good idea to give young Ally a mentor who could guide him in the ways of world. He asked Frank Worthington to 'look after the boy'

Also didn't Frank upset Sir Alf arriving for his first England game not in the FA Suit but a 'cowboy unfit'?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:28 - Mar 23 with 2166 viewsBlueandTruesince82

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:26 - Mar 23 by Keno

McCoist credits Frank for teaching 'a lot' in his early days. As a teenager he moved to Sunderland where the manager with it would be a good idea to give young Ally a mentor who could guide him in the ways of world. He asked Frank Worthington to 'look after the boy'

Also didn't Frank upset Sir Alf arriving for his first England game not in the FA Suit but a 'cowboy unfit'?

WHAT a goal

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:34 - Mar 23 with 2119 viewsPJH

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:26 - Mar 23 by gainsboroughblue

Am I right in saying that he signed for Liverpool but failed a medical?

Yes, I think that is right.

No doubt it would say on his Wiki page or elsewhere but I seem to remember that.
RIP Frank Worthington on 09:35 - Mar 23 with 2112 viewsPendejo

Great player, great goal.

Oh and we won that match

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:35 - Mar 23 with 2114 viewsgainsboroughblue

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:34 - Mar 23 by PJH

Yes, I think that is right.

No doubt it would say on his Wiki page or elsewhere but I seem to remember that.

Just found this. Apparently failed medical due to high blood pressure!

https://talksport.com/football/533125/liverpool-huddersfield-frank-worthington-f

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:38 - Mar 23 with 2099 viewsSwansea_Blue

That other team must have been rubbish

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:39 - Mar 23 with 2097 viewsWallingford_Boy

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:35 - Mar 23 by gainsboroughblue

https://talksport.com/football/533125/liverpool-huddersfield-frank-worthington-f

Didn't know that!

I wonder how his career may have gone had he signed for them.

RIP Sir Bobby

RIP Frank Worthington on 10:04 - Mar 23 with 2034 viewsRadlett_blue

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:35 - Mar 23 by gainsboroughblue

Although plenty of allegations that Frank had a STD & Shankly thought his lifestyle might not be in keeping with what was required of a Liverpool player. He had 5 good years at Leicester so I don't think it actually worked out badly for him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

RIP Frank Worthington on 10:33 - Mar 23 with 1989 viewsnshearman1

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:15 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

RIP indeed. I met Frank briefly at a Huddersfield game a couple of years ago. I also spoke to Terry about that goal and Frank a year ago.

Bolton Wanderers would have been the Blues’ opponents at Portman Road on Good Friday and coincidentally, 41 years ago this month, Frank Worthington netted what’s often regarded as the greatest goal ever scored against Town in a game between the sides at Burnden Park. TWTD had a chat with legend Terry Butcher to talk about that goal, the Blues’ transitional 1978/79 season and some of football’s current issues. 10

I was there behind the goal, amazing stuff and a great game! Going into the ground, my girlfriend got told by a security guy to remove her clogs (trendy at the time) as they constituted a dangerous weapon! Those were the days indeed.
RIP Frank Worthington on 10:46 - Mar 23 with 1962 viewsBloomBlue

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:15 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

Great player, there seemed to be lot more 'flair' players around in that time although that's probably more age clouding my memory

That truly was a great goal, the irony is if that was scored today a lot of fans would blame the defenders
RIP Frank Worthington on 11:24 - Mar 23 with 1909 viewsBlueNomad

RIP Frank Worthington on 10:46 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

Great player, there seemed to be lot more 'flair' players around in that time although that's probably more age clouding my memory

That truly was a great goal, the irony is if that was scored today a lot of fans would blame the defenders

There was more flair in those days. There were real "characters" - not sure there are many now.

There were also more flares.........................
RIP Frank Worthington on 11:36 - Mar 23 with 1882 viewsquirkie

anyone know our scorers that day, did Brazil get a hattrick?

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

RIP Frank Worthington on 11:41 - Mar 23 with 1872 viewsgainsboroughblue

RIP Frank Worthington on 11:36 - Mar 23 by quirkie

anyone know our scorers that day, did Brazil get a hattrick?

Brazil got two.
Wark got the other.

RIP Frank Worthington on 13:04 - Mar 23 with 1797 viewsRadlett_blue

RIP Frank Worthington on 10:46 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

England caps for 1970s artists/extroverts/carousers...
Frank Worthington - 8
Alan Hudson - 2
Peter Osgood- 4
Rodney Marsh - 9
Stan Bowles - 5
Charlie George - 1
In some cases Ramsey and Revie had good reasons.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

RIP Frank Worthington on 13:39 - Mar 23 with 1733 viewsBlueForYou

I have memories of Frank doing his ball juggling/keepy uppy display in front of the Ipswich fans in the north stand before a game! Kept it going for ages with the full repertoire. Got some stick at first but had a rousing applause when he finished. Fans loved him. A proper showman, amazingly talented footballer, who should have had way more caps. They don't make em like him anymore.
RIP Frank Worthington on 17:00 - Mar 23 with 1586 viewsEireannach_gorm

Loved Frank, on and off the pitch he seemed to enjoy life to the full.

Ar dheis dé de raibh a anam.
RIP Frank Worthington on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 1583 viewsjaykay

RIP Frank Worthington on 09:08 - Mar 23 by PJH

RIP indeed.

It was a quality goal.

There are a lot leaving us recently from what was a golden age for football-TWTD.

i think this was the goal when even the ref applauded

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

RIP Frank Worthington on 18:03 - Mar 23 with 1534 viewsronnyd

I was in the old West Stand when Frank scored that goal, Pure class. Once we got over the shock, the whole ground applauded. RIP Frank.
RIP Frank Worthington on 18:13 - Mar 23 with 1515 viewsgainsboroughblue

RIP Frank Worthington on 18:03 - Mar 23 by ronnyd

I was in the old West Stand when Frank scored that goal, Pure class. Once we got over the shock, the whole ground applauded. RIP Frank.

Which goal was that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024