Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton 03:27 - Feb 28 with 2020 viewsdominiciawful

Why is it that he seems unpopular with Bristol City fans?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Mark Ashton on 08:23 - Feb 28 with 1830 viewsGeorge03

Bristol city fans see him as quite controlling and is a ‘yes’ man. Apparently he controls all signings, sales and new contracts. Ironically we need someone like that at ITFC
Mark Ashton on 08:30 - Feb 28 with 1783 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mark Ashton on 08:23 - Feb 28 by George03

Bristol city fans see him as quite controlling and is a ‘yes’ man. Apparently he controls all signings, sales and new contracts. Ironically we need someone like that at ITFC

Controlling and a yes man?

Sounds contradictory.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mark Ashton on 08:50 - Feb 28 with 1691 viewsWD19

Mark Ashton on 08:30 - Feb 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Controlling and a yes man?

Sounds contradictory.

We desperately need someone with some football administration knowledge to pull all elements of the club together in a coherent way and make the big decisions.

Unfortunately that then means that if fans don’t agree with anything that person does he is a ready made target. Especially if he is on £500k+ a year. Imagine the noise on here when someone joins the dots between us selling a talented youngster and paying his salary.

Unsurprisingly people who are sufficiently confident and single minded are also sometimes quite obnoxious and abrasive. This seems to be the case with Ashton. The Watford local rag despised him.
Mark Ashton on 09:06 - Feb 28 with 1626 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Mark Ashton on 08:50 - Feb 28 by WD19

We desperately need someone with some football administration knowledge to pull all elements of the club together in a coherent way and make the big decisions.

Unfortunately that then means that if fans don’t agree with anything that person does he is a ready made target. Especially if he is on £500k+ a year. Imagine the noise on here when someone joins the dots between us selling a talented youngster and paying his salary.

Unsurprisingly people who are sufficiently confident and single minded are also sometimes quite obnoxious and abrasive. This seems to be the case with Ashton. The Watford local rag despised him.

If he does the job I would care what his personality's like.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Mark Ashton on 09:12 - Feb 28 with 1581 viewstractorboy1978

Mark Ashton on 09:06 - Feb 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

If he does the job I would care what his personality's like.

He pulled our pants down with Webster.
Mark Ashton on 09:14 - Feb 28 with 1564 viewsGeorge03

Ashton has done well at Bristol City recruitment wise and developing the club behind the scenes. I think the Bristol city fans don’t Realise he’s just doing his job. Any football CEO will be controlling over singing and contract.

I’m all for it.
It has Worked down the road at Norwich and similarly at Peterborough (although they don’t have a CEO) DM has a lot of the control over the signings.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 9:15]
Mark Ashton on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 1491 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Mark Ashton on 09:14 - Feb 28 by George03

Ashton has done well at Bristol City recruitment wise and developing the club behind the scenes. I think the Bristol city fans don’t Realise he’s just doing his job. Any football CEO will be controlling over singing and contract.

I’m all for it.
It has Worked down the road at Norwich and similarly at Peterborough (although they don’t have a CEO) DM has a lot of the control over the signings.

Blimey, he really is all over everything if he even chooses the initiation song for new players.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Mark Ashton on 09:51 - Feb 28 with 1419 viewspointofblue

I’m all for it.

Though the difference is Webber seems widely liked by Norwich fans whilst Ashton is despised by a Bristol City fans - so what’s the difference?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton on 10:02 - Feb 28 with 1389 viewsstantheman

I’m all for it.

A manager doing everything at a club seems a thing of the past. The way now seems to be a coach to do just that and a CEO to run everything else. Didn't Bobby sort out everything from choosing players to buy to ordering the toilet paper etc. I know the Cobbolds had final sign offs but it was nearly always Bobby who made the decisions, not someone above him.
Mark Ashton on 10:17 - Feb 28 with 1333 viewsericclacton

Mark Ashton on 10:57 - Feb 28 with 1226 viewsElderGrizzly

What we really need is someone in a true DoF type role, not just an 'admin' role which is what Ashton was at Bristol City. We do need that too though.

A DoF, as in someone who can link the footballing side across the club from Academy to First Team and allow us to appoint a Head Coach, not a manager.
Mark Ashton on 16:36 - Apr 9 with 783 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If hes unpopular with Watford and Bristol fans the surely that's for a reason?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Mark Ashton on 16:40 - Apr 9 with 761 viewschrismakin

Mark Ashton on 16:36 - Apr 9 by BlueWorldOrder

If hes unpopular with Watford and Bristol fans the surely that's for a reason?

Blue. Do yourself a favour.. dont go back to February and reply with the same thing.. the answer wont change than you've already been given

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024