Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Agents 19:50 - May 26 with 2676 viewschrismakin

There is some real talent out there available on a free isnt there. Just seen Matt Pennington now out of contract.

I know contracts end at different times..but I've never so many solid quality players available all at the same time.

Not saying we will be getting them... just a general overview.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Free Agents on 19:55 - May 26 with 2608 viewsOldboy

I am sure we will be linked with most of them. Patience will win out.
Free Agents on 20:01 - May 26 with 2558 viewsJ2BLUE

No thanks to Pennington.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Free Agents on 20:16 - May 26 with 2477 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Two unconnected statements.

I am sure there is some real talent available on a free (isn't Aguero one of those?).

However, I don't see Pennington as anything noteworthy even at League 1 level. He was not good enough for the Championship when he got relegated with us or with Hull. He played last season at Shrewsbury who finished lower mid-table. Unless he was a real standout player for them, I would suspect League 1 is his right level. If we are shopping in that market we may as well stick with what we already have.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Free Agents on 20:22 - May 26 with 2433 viewschrismakin

Free Agents on 20:16 - May 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Two unconnected statements.

I am sure there is some real talent available on a free (isn't Aguero one of those?).

However, I don't see Pennington as anything noteworthy even at League 1 level. He was not good enough for the Championship when he got relegated with us or with Hull. He played last season at Shrewsbury who finished lower mid-table. Unless he was a real standout player for them, I would suspect League 1 is his right level. If we are shopping in that market we may as well stick with what we already have.

Yeah I wasnt really meaning it as town targets just more if an overview of how at different levels there are some good quality players available.

I saw Donnarumma was available for example. And no not saying hes one for us. But for the big clubs that's an amazing freebie

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Free Agents on 20:36 - May 26 with 2353 viewsblueislander

Free Agents on 20:22 - May 26 by chrismakin

Yeah I wasnt really meaning it as town targets just more if an overview of how at different levels there are some good quality players available.

I saw Donnarumma was available for example. And no not saying hes one for us. But for the big clubs that's an amazing freebie

Mate. I suggest you take a month’s rest from the internet to stop stressing as to whom we may or may not sign.
Free Agents on 20:41 - May 26 with 2310 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Free Agents on 20:22 - May 26 by chrismakin

Need to drop the idea of a freebie.

Donnarumma will prob come demanding a £75m contract, £30m signing on fee for himself, and £30m signing on fee for his agents.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Free Agents on 20:42 - May 26 with 2293 viewssaffers12

Free Agents on 20:41 - May 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Donnarumma will prob come demanding a £75m contract, £30m signing on fee for himself, and £30m signing on fee for his agents.

Are both brothers leaving?
Free Agents on 20:43 - May 26 with 2283 viewschrismakin

Free Agents on 20:36 - May 26 by blueislander

Mate. I suggest you take a month’s rest from the internet to stop stressing as to whom we may or may not sign.

Ha?

It's not about who we may or may not sign. It's just a general overview of football itself and the market post covid

Login to get fewer ads

Free Agents on 05:42 - May 27 with 1887 viewsbluesym

Exactly this. Freebies at the highest level are anything but. It tells you everything that he is Leaving Milan because they can't afford his wage demands!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Free Agents on 06:19 - May 27 with 1831 viewsFreoTown

I'm on the verge of blocking him for the sheer amount he posts but I quite like reading the comments and seeing everyone disagree with him.

ForeverTown

Free Agents on 08:17 - May 27 with 1542 viewsWallingford_Boy

Free Agents on 06:19 - May 27 by FreoTown

I'm on the verge of blocking him for the sheer amount he posts but I quite like reading the comments and seeing everyone disagree with him.

That’s nice.

RIP Sir Bobby

Free Agents (n/t) on 08:26 - May 27 with 1503 viewsWickets

Free Agents on 20:43 - May 26 by chrismakin

Ha?

It's not about who we may or may not sign. It's just a general overview of football itself and the market post covid

Free Agents on 08:29 - May 27 with 1481 viewsWickets

Free Agents on 20:43 - May 26 by chrismakin

Ha?

And a very valid one i often don't agree with your posts but theirs nothing wrong with pointing out the players looking for new clubs to encourage a debate . I thought thats what forums where about !
Free Agents on 08:34 - May 27 with 1460 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Total greed!
Free Agents on 10:31 - May 27 with 1252 viewschrismakin

Enjoy. Altho still not sure what there is disagree with in regards to me OP but disagree if you wish.

Free Agents on 10:35 - May 27 with 1221 viewshype313

Whilst Chris does post an unbelievable amount of threads, I don't see the issue here, nothing wrong with musing about freebies, especially when this is going to be so pertinent in a post covid world.

Phil has said as much this will be the plan going forward.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Free Agents on 10:41 - May 27 with 1189 viewsBlueNomad

It is going to be fun to watch this summer but I'm not really interested in the speculation. The thing is none of us really have no knowledge of what is really going on. I suspect we will have a mixture of players we are pleased about as soon as they sign, some will provoke pages of criticism and others where we will just say "who?" (eg Jon Walters)

No point in getting wound up or pessimistic, especially as Ashton doesn't even start until next week.
Free Agents on 10:44 - May 27 with 1180 viewsStokieBlue

You should probably include the link to the list of free agents if you want to start a discussion about this.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Free Agents on 12:21 - May 27 with 1062 viewschrismakin

Free Agents on 10:44 - May 27 by StokieBlue

You should probably include the link to the list of free agents if you want to start a discussion about this.

SB

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2021/02/20/out-of-contract-players-summe

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

These are a couple of lists I was going through, and saw some other stuff on other social media/forum news etc

Some players we know have been offered terms or extensions. Its quite difficult to find a definative list.
[Post edited 27 May 2021 12:22]

Free Agents on 12:40 - May 27 with 994 viewsmonty_radio

Are we done a rumour here, then?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Free Agents on 16:23 - May 27 with 853 viewsBoxerBlue

Kalou and Demba Ba are free agents

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

Free Agents on 16:25 - May 27 with 840 viewsBlueWorldOrder

But that is surely the point of this forum to debate this stuff? We keep getting told how to post instead. For someone with autism this is an absolutely nightmare at times.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Free Agents on 16:29 - May 27 with 821 viewsWallingford_Boy

Free Agents on 16:25 - May 27 by BlueWorldOrder

But that is surely the point of this forum to debate this stuff? We keep getting told how to post instead. For someone with autism this is an absolutely nightmare at times.

Ignore the usuals trying to put posters down all the time.

Post what you want, as often as you want, in any way you want.

This isn't your job, there is no right or wrong way!

Be free!

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024