Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee 11:21 - Jun 7 with 4035 viewsSteve_M

Do click through to see this in all it's majesty:

*Sadly, unlikely.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:32 - Jun 7 with 2372 viewsPinewoodblue

People who have spent 50 yrs singing 'two world wars and one world cup' and 'no surrender to the IRA' think taking the knee has gone on for long enough now and that we should 'keep politics out of football'.

Best comment I’ve seen in the subject.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:36 - Jun 7 with 2328 viewsnoggin

Daubney is proper dick. Sky News have him as a guest sometimes and he always comes across as a nasty prlck.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:38 - Jun 7 with 2306 viewsSteve_M

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:36 - Jun 7 by noggin

Daubney is proper dick. Sky News have him as a guest sometimes and he always comes across as a nasty prlck.

I see the silly tw at has put the location for his original tweet as 'Broken Britain' too.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:41 - Jun 7 with 2271 viewsfooters

"Or it will majorly kick off"

Lol

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:42 - Jun 7 with 2263 viewshype313

The victimhood people create out of having to watch something they disagree with for about half a VAR decision is a national embarrassment.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:45 - Jun 7 with 2247 viewsjayessess

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 11:42 - Jun 7 by hype313

The victimhood people create out of having to watch something they disagree with for about half a VAR decision is a national embarrassment.

going off the reaction you'd assume they'd replaced the entire game with 90 minutes of kneeling

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 12:03 - Jun 7 with 2174 viewsSitfcB

He even said it out loud

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 12:08 - Jun 7 with 2132 viewsSwansea_Blue

What an idiot. Trouble is it doesn't matter if he's wrong, some people will still believe him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 12:43 - Jun 7 with 2022 viewsIllinoisblue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 12:08 - Jun 7 by Swansea_Blue

What an idiot. Trouble is it doesn't matter if he's wrong, some people will still believe him.

And this is the heart of the problem. There are no longer any consequences - for politicians or journalists - who blatantly lie. The lies spread and are shared, and on we go. An endless loop of bulls5it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:24 - Jun 7 with 1931 viewsPinewoodblue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 12:43 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

And this is the heart of the problem. There are no longer any consequences - for politicians or journalists - who blatantly lie. The lies spread and are shared, and on we go. An endless loop of bulls5it.

Sounds like stupidity rather than an intended lie. Clearly didn’t appreciate which team was which….saw what he wanted to see. Something we are all guilty of.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:28 - Jun 7 with 1912 viewsJackSted

Here’s another classic if you want a laugh

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:35 - Jun 7 with 1866 viewsSteve_M

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:28 - Jun 7 by JackSted

I can't find it again now, but someone put a clip of Thomas the Tank Engine on top of the football so it looks like he's booing Thomas*. The quote tweets on that tweet are worth a read too.

*Actually, it may have been Gordom.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:38 - Jun 7 with 1837 viewsjayessess

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:24 - Jun 7 by Pinewoodblue

Sounds like stupidity rather than an intended lie. Clearly didn’t appreciate which team was which….saw what he wanted to see. Something we are all guilty of.

The lie here isn't the "2 players didn't take the knee" thing, it's the feigned interest in the game, isn't it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:41 - Jun 7 with 1804 viewsMetal_Hacker

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:35 - Jun 7 by Steve_M

I can't find it again now, but someone put a clip of Thomas the Tank Engine on top of the football so it looks like he's booing Thomas*. The quote tweets on that tweet are worth a read too.

I actually saw this late last night and it made me feel sick

Remarkable people of an age (not a child in years but mentally I know) can actually still have these / those types of reactions and feelings ffs

What actually possesses them to post such vile ,aggravating , brainless racist sh1t

Bet his family are hugely proud

Sherman Tanker

Poll: If it were one or the other

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:41 - Jun 7 with 1803 viewsLankHenners

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:35 - Jun 7 by Steve_M

Similar thing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:48 - Jun 7 with 1742 viewsjeera

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:24 - Jun 7 by Pinewoodblue

We're not all guilty of wilfully praising something that reinforces prejudice though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:08 - Jun 7 with 1687 viewsvilanovablue

Oh look a traditional England fan to quote Lee Anderson (Tory MP) who is upset by people taking the knee or as I prefer to call them a middle aged racist.
One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:34 - Jun 7 with 1598 viewsSwansea_Blue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:28 - Jun 7 by JackSted

The state of his timeline

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:39 - Jun 7 with 1564 viewsnoggin

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:34 - Jun 7 by Swansea_Blue

The state of his timeline

To be fair, he looks like he might have learning difficulties.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:42 - Jun 7 with 1552 viewsMerseyBlue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:41 - Jun 7 by LankHenners

Similar thing.

I was saying Boo-urns!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:45 - Jun 7 with 1523 viewsbrazil1982

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:42 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

I was saying Boo-urns!

He'd feel a lot calmer if he sat with his eyes shut, and muttered "Ommm" instead.
One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:47 - Jun 7 with 1511 viewsSitfcB

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 13:41 - Jun 7 by LankHenners

Similar thing.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:55 - Jun 7 with 1459 viewsMerseyBlue

I wonder if there is something we could come up with to combat this nonsense. It's all well and good us all voicing our disdane at these idiots, and I think we should continue to do so but maybe we need to do more to really make them realise how pathetic they are. A monumental ask, but getting fans to take the knee en masse alongside the England team at their next match and post it to social media would be a real statement with a hashtag like #WeTakeTheKnee or something similar.

Extremely wishful thinking which wouldn't solve anything but would be a great show of solidarity against these morons.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 14:56]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:55 - Jun 7 with 1446 viewsSwansea_Blue

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:39 - Jun 7 by noggin

To be fair, he looks like he might have learning difficulties.

He may well have.

There's a good argument that anyone who constantly posts racist and xenophobic propaganda has learning difficulties! But yeah, I know what you mean. It would explain a lot, although I'm sure you can have learning difficulties and also not be a racist.

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 15:01 - Jun 7 with 1410 viewsnoggin

One final* word on those criticising England players taking the knee on 14:55 - Jun 7 by MerseyBlue

I wonder if there is something we could come up with to combat this nonsense. It's all well and good us all voicing our disdane at these idiots, and I think we should continue to do so but maybe we need to do more to really make them realise how pathetic they are. A monumental ask, but getting fans to take the knee en masse alongside the England team at their next match and post it to social media would be a real statement with a hashtag like #WeTakeTheKnee or something similar.

Extremely wishful thinking which wouldn't solve anything but would be a great show of solidarity against these morons.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 14:56]

The good people of Liverpool had a great tactic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024