Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"England struggle to draw against Scotland" 21:42 - Jun 18 with 1722 viewsfooters

And some people wonder why we don't back the national side?

So fcking boring. Even if we have the attacking iniative we pass it backwards.

Absolutely awful.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:46 - Jun 18 with 1279 viewsStokieBlue

Lambert has obviously been drafted in as a tactical consultant.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:46 - Jun 18 with 1279 viewsjeera

This is why the first win was so important.

We'd have settled for a point there and 3 here.

But yes, massively underperformed tonight.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:47 - Jun 18 with 1270 viewsChondzoresk

It’s been an utter snoozefest. No high tempo. As you say it goes backwards when in a decent position. When you look at the likes of Portugal or France, who are fabulous to watch, we are just so drab and boring.
"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:49 - Jun 18 with 1236 viewsip6blue

Personally found it boring
"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:51 - Jun 18 with 1194 viewsfooters

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:46 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

SB

I haven't wasted this much time since I spent a whole evening chatting up thisngirl who turned out to be a lesbian.

At least that's what she told me.

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:52 - Jun 18 with 1175 viewsWeWereZombies

I thought it was quite an exciting match for a 0-0...but then I was watching on STV...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:53 - Jun 18 with 1165 viewsLankHenners

Cowardly performance. Started bright but too many players watching and waiting for someone else to do something.

Needed to change that midfield around in the 2nd half and get Sancho on for Sterling.

Scotland did very well but were never put under real pressure.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:53 - Jun 18 with 1158 viewsvapour_trail

Haters assemble.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:57 - Jun 18 with 1133 viewsWeWereZombies

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:53 - Jun 18 by LankHenners

Cowardly performance. Started bright but too many players watching and waiting for someone else to do something.

Needed to change that midfield around in the 2nd half and get Sancho on for Sterling.

Scotland did very well but were never put under real pressure.

Apart from the John Stones header that hit the post in the first half, the goalmouth melee at the death...

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:59 - Jun 18 with 1107 viewsLankHenners

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:57 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

Apart from the John Stones header that hit the post in the first half, the goalmouth melee at the death...

?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:04 - Jun 18 with 1064 viewsfooters

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:53 - Jun 18 by vapour_trail

Haters assemble.

Enjoyed that, vapes?

England were about as predictable as you donvoting Royrry's post regardless of content. But maybe that's why you like them.

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:05 - Jun 18 with 1054 viewsblueconscience

Very Ipswich like performance, making a crap team look world class.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:06 - Jun 18 with 1043 viewsWeWereZombies

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:59 - Jun 18 by LankHenners

?

Not really a cowardly performance by England in my opinion, they were going for it but Steve Clarke got his tactics right. And I think the Stephen O'Donnell shot that got deflected at the last gasp was a pretty sure sign that Scotland put the pressure on.

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:09 - Jun 18 with 1018 viewsm14_blue

Haters assemble.

Was rubbish though, wasn’t it?
"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:12 - Jun 18 with 1007 viewsvapour_trail

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:04 - Jun 18 by footers

Enjoyed that, vapes?

England were about as predictable as you donvoting Royrry's post regardless of content. But maybe that's why you like them.

Yeah enjoyed watching the game with the boy.

Assume from the rest of your post you’ve put away a bit more than you can handle. Get yourself to bed.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:12 - Jun 18 with 1007 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:51 - Jun 18 by footers

I haven't wasted this much time since I spent a whole evening chatting up thisngirl who turned out to be a lesbian.

At least that's what she told me.

You should have told her you were a lesbian too.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:13 - Jun 18 with 996 viewsMerseyBlue

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:06 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

Not really a cowardly performance by England in my opinion, they were going for it but Steve Clarke got his tactics right. And I think the Stephen O'Donnell shot that got deflected at the last gasp was a pretty sure sign that Scotland put the pressure on.

Those were bright spots in a depressingly meek performance. We're capable of ripping through teams at pace but we didn't try to do that for huge portions of the game. You can't just dwell on the ball and go through the motions and expect to amble the ball in.

What really stung for me was that final minute of added time where we're around the box but don't do anything with it. 10 seconds to go, just take a shot.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:15 - Jun 18 with 983 viewsSwansea_Blue

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 21:46 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

SB

It’s becoming endemic. Football by numbers - probe, lines get cut off, pass back and recycle, switching play to half heartedly look for an overload on one side, lines cut off, pass back and recycle. Repeat ad infinity. So many teams do it. I wonder if it’s a result of the formalisation of training; I bet there’s a coaching manual out there and everyone’s been following that same one.

It’s a breath of fresh air now when teams try to play differently and take a few risks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:16 - Jun 18 with 979 viewsLankHenners

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:06 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

Well there wasn’t a lot of bravery on show. I didn’t say Scotland didn’t put pressure on.

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:18 - Jun 18 with 947 viewsWeWereZombies

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:16 - Jun 18 by LankHenners

Well there wasn’t a lot of bravery on show. I didn’t say Scotland didn’t put pressure on.

True, I got confused by the question mark and though I had read your last sentence wrong so replied to it a second time as if you were complaining that Scotland didn't press England.

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:19 - Jun 18 with 945 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Brutal performance from England. Scotland much better and deserved a 1-0 win. Southgate is not the man.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:21 - Jun 18 with 912 viewsGeomorph

Haters assemble.

No hating here.. however we have gone backwards since the 90s
"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:22 - Jun 18 with 906 viewsgiant_stow

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:15 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

It’s becoming endemic. Football by numbers - probe, lines get cut off, pass back and recycle, switching play to half heartedly look for an overload on one side, lines cut off, pass back and recycle. Repeat ad infinity. So many teams do it. I wonder if it’s a result of the formalisation of training; I bet there’s a coaching manual out there and everyone’s been following that same one.

It’s a breath of fresh air now when teams try to play differently and take a few risks.

You've put it perfectly.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:24 - Jun 18 with 881 viewsThe_Last_Baron

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:15 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

Agree. The current way of playing football by many sides is monotonous and dull.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:26 - Jun 18 with 862 viewsGeomorph

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:24 - Jun 18 by The_Last_Baron

Agree. The current way of playing football by many sides is monotonous and dull.

Particularly the EPL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024